April 18, 2014 | 1930 users online

BB Cream - Skin79 - Vital BB Cream SPF50++ Hot Orange Label

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Piwi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried many BB creams (Lioele, Bobby Brown, Boscia, Kielh´s, Garnier, Peter Thomas Roth, Tarte) and this was the worst!
My skin complexion is NC25, but this cream is too light and grayish. I used a little bit of bronzer powder, went out, and all of a sudden I saw my face in a mirror and it was so bad! my face was not only pale but also the cream had totally melted, so I had to go home.
This bb cream is good to control oily skin, but I´d rather keep blotting my face than use this cream.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2013 5:18:00 AM More reviews by fruitismyfoe

I have used the pink label but it was far too oily for warmer weather. This product is drier, but I have to mix it with colour because it is so damn pale. And in photos it still shows up pale because of all the sunscreen in it. It is good for the skin and didn't break me out, but damn is it pale. I have been using Glycolic acid peels and my skin is not oily anymore so I might go back to this one and test it out in summer.
Nice BB cream for oily/normal skin super pale people. But only buy if you are super pale.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2013 7:10:00 AM More reviews by jinkim8486

After the huge success of hot pink BB cream, skin 79 came up with the BB creams with the others versions, and this was one of them. The main difference between this orange one and the previous hot pink one is that I guess they targeted for the westerners with the lighter skin tone.

As I have said from my previous review about the hot pink BB cream, I have slightly darker skin tone than the average Korean woman (Although I'm 100% Korean!) and this was not suitable to cover up the entire face since the difference between the neck and the face was too much distinctive. I used this to cover up my dark circles and highlighting zone. When I blended well to the other areas, I could actualize the better makeup than just using the BB cream only.

I guess it is great for those who have the pale or bright skin, I loved the creamy texture, which was slightly better than the hot pink BB!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by ifthe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Being an old...err..."experienced" woman of 42, I've learned to be highly skeptical of trends. I don't know how many times I've rolled my eyes while reading emphatically glowing reviews of Korean BB creams. And oh my goodness, they HAVE to be KOREAN BB Creams to REALLY be called BB Creams...ugh!

After sampling a few US made BB creams and finding them to be little more than tinted moisturizers, I really couldn't imagine that any BB cream could be anything special.

I hate to say it, but there is a pretty darn big difference! And I REALLY hate to admit that this BB cream stuff is pretty darn awesome!

The Good Stuff:

Packaged in an air tight hygienic pump

50 SPF Sunscreen comprised of primarily Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide with ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate. Though the last one is chemical I didnt have any sensitivity whatsoever. It is worth mentioning that although the amount of SPF is awesome, considering it takes less than a pea size amount to cover (and I do mean cover!) ones face, I do wonder about its ability to fully protect the skin from sun damage.

There are several ingredients in this that are well documented as being highly beneficial for the skin. But again I must point out that it takes so very little product to cover the skin its hard to know how much good its doing.

Very solid medium coverage, didnt settle into my pores or fine lines and did a great job of concealing redness and minor flaws without looking mask like. This has a slightly more yellow undertone as opposed to being more neutral like most BB creams. No grey cast out of the pump either.

Lovely natural satin finish that provides a really nice brightening effect.

Not really sure why, but for some reason this really helps with my rosacea flare ups. I also had no issues with break outs or irritation.

The lasting time of this was quite respectable in my opinion. I can get a good 6 hours with the BB cream alone and about 8 with a dusting of setting powder. Even in warm weather.

Bad Stuff:

Like the majority of BB creams there is only one shade and this one is the lightest of all those I tried. Im a MAC NC20/NC25 Bobbi Brown Warm Sand and I can just barely get away with this. I also find it doesnt self adjust as much as others.

If youre sensitive to silicones, forget it.

The high amount of physical sunscreen in this will invariable flash back in photography. Although I find using a finishing powder that does not include sunscreen helps just a bit.

This is probably best for Normal to combination skin types. Although this provided the most oil control of the 4 Skin79 BB creams I tried, I think combo skins will probably see the need for a touch of powder after about 5 hours. I dont think oily skins would last two hours without an oil controlling primer or powder. I dont think dry skin will find this moisturizing enough. Even with my combo skin Im intending to break out the VIP Gold once the Winter months return.

All things considered, Im a huge fan so far. I havent touched a traditional foundation since Ive tried this.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by janetbustamante

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this bbcream, is the best thing for my face I have ever used!! I dont wear any more foundation. This bbcream makes my skin look flawless, healthy and the most important it looks like Imnot wearing make-up! Its so natural and also healthy.
Well, this bbcream is for oily or combination skin, not for dry skin cause it will looks cakey. Also, if you are darker than NC25 dont buy this bbcream cause it will give you a whitecast effect.
It blends easier than the hot pink label, I apply it with my Mac bush 190 and then I blend with my fingers.
I really like the package. And I will buy the 20ml to travel with it.
I payed 12 dollars plus shipping in amazon.So I think is a very good pricefor a quality product. Definitly I will buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by quona

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The good:
- For oily skin, this cream goes on very dry, and is pretty good at oil maintenance.
- The product blends very nicely, and even better if you wear a silicone primer underneath
- SPF!
- The packaging is cute

The bad:
- The packaging is also enormous by drugstore cosmetic standards, and unwieldy for a makeup bag.
- This is VERY light colored. My skin is pale enough to pull it off, which tells me that this is an incredibly light BB Cream. It even has a bit of a grey cast.

The Ugly:
- I hate the pump system. It's hygenic, sure, but it's annoying,

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Houn01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

So I have oily skin but since I'm using a lighting soap and cream my skin peels a little. This product is PERFECT! It helps to control my natural oils yet it is able to moisturize my skin enough from the peeling and right feeling I get from my soap and cream.

Sunscreen- This has a really great amount of sunscreen which is great at preventing my face from darkening! It contains titanium dioxide, which is a physical sunscreen, and I feel it really helps preventing skin darkening. I feel the chemical sunscreens don't prevent darkening.

Color- this color is very light and has a yellow tone to it. I really like this color compared to the other bb creams I've used, which are very gray. This color looks more like a skin color although it doesn't oxidize on my skin but I like it because it makes my face look a little brighter and smoother.

Finish- I think the finish is different upon application. With my fingers it gives a satin finish. I don't like using my fingers because when I use a damp sponge,beauty blender and pat it on, or a use a stippling brush, I get a dewy look. I love how it looks when it's dewy! Like I said I have oily skin and the dewy look this product gives doesn't look like I'm oily it just looks very doll-like and really pretty! Even though it's dewy, it still manages to control my oil.
I don't like to set this with powder because I like the dewy look and I feel my face is moisturized. Adding powder makes it feel less moisturizing.

Lasting power- I definitely feel as though this product lasts through the day but touching your face tends to take it off a little. Which I don't mind since I don't touch my face.

Coverage- this is medium coverage to full coverage to me. It covers almost everything. I do need to use concealer under my eyes just because it is quite moisturizing and tends to crease there. It covers everything else very well though! It looks natural on me

Overall, I love this bb cream! It's perfect for me! It's definitely worth trying! I love that it has a pump, love the orange color of the container and the price is even better for the good amount of product! I would definitely repurchase again and again!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by iepiep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I used this bb cream for a week and I really loving it. The hot pink and VIP gold bb cream are too pink and dark for me. But not this orange bb cream. It help to brighten my complexion without having the makeup look. I love the high coverage and SPF, I only need to wear this without my sunscreen. The downside is that the oil control is just normal and when my skin is oily, it tends to crease around the nose. But overall, I really love this bb cream and have already bought a backup for it. I have not touch my liquid foundation after I bought this.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by Squarekittens

I've used the skin79 hot pink and vip gold for years and loved them. When the orange version came out I was very exicted, I thought it would be even better, more moisturzing, less grey and higher spf. I have used a bottle of this bb cream for nearly a year now.

The first thing I noticed is how light the color is, It's a very light yellow tone. I thought that would be perfect for my pale yellow skin. But it's way to light for me. I do know some pink undertoned girls who swear by this, So I guess this would work well for more pale pink girls instead of yellow. It didn't brighten my skin as well as the vip gold one.

This bb cream doesn't oxidize as much as other bb creams, and it doesn't fit as many skintones as other bb creams either. It either matches you or it doesn't.

It also gives me a satin finish leaning on the matte side. I have really dry skin and this makes any dry spots show up and doesn't give me the dewy finish I would like.

The bb cream does have a pretty high coverage and it's best applied with your fingers or a spounge. stippleling and buffing brushes make it look a little cakey.

I do think it smells pleasant and has a nice gell-like texture. It can be a little hard to apply because it's quite thick but then again it is long lasting and stays put. but overall I would recommend this bb cream if you have a very pale complexion and an oily skin. I think this bbcream could be amazing. But for me it was a fail. I didn't do much for my dry skin and the color was really off.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by vanessakwon

I love this product. Gives a beautiful aprncia. Since I have many pimples he covers well.