October 21, 2014 | 1270 users online

Eyeliner - Physicians Formula - Eye Booster Lash Boosting Felt-Tip Eyeliner + Serum

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Ivylim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this hoping that this would be even better than the eye booster eyeliner (the skinny pen in silver packaging which is near HG for me).

Sadly this did disappoint me because the felt tip is extremely thick and it makes it extremely hard to draw clean lines. I been using this for a month and I am experienced with using eyeliner. The formula of this eyeliner is good because you can layer it to make it appear darker without having the eyeliner clump up. It builds beautifully. With one layer, it's a deep grey and with another layer, it's black, and third layer makes it a very deep black. The product is easy to remove, all you need is water. This is not waterproof so dont wear it to the pool or when it's raining. It came off when I worn it out when I was caught in the rain and it came off and when I went back home, I saw black streaks under my eyes. I know for sure it was this eyeliner because that was the only make up I had on my eyes that day. It's a mess, the other pf eye booster is not like that and is waterproof. This does not smudge though, I did not notice lash growth as this is advertised as a lash booster. The price point is not bad. I brought it for about 7 dollars with coupons. It retails for about $12 at CVS.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2012 12:20:00 PM More reviews by delruby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This is the perfect product for me - I have skimpy light lashes and totally suck at liquid liner. This is easy to apply once you get the hang of it, and although some have complained it isn't dark/dramatic enough the amount is perfect for me since I typically just use gel pencil. You can definitely get more drama with two coats.

Best of all, it works! My lashes are already happier and it's only been a week or so. I have used latisse in the past and it made my eyelids dark purple, not the best look when you have fair skin!

Giving it 4/5 only because it isn't super with humidity and smudges after a while (read: hot mess the morning after) but the tradeoff is excellent.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the idea of this, but it was a massive fail for me. I have oily lids, and this was a hot mess from the get-go. I tried it on the back of my hand at first, to get the feel of the pen, and after ten minutes of sitting on my skin drying, it still smeared, but I put it on my eyes anyway. Lordy! After five minutes I looked like I had been crying all day. Just an oily disgusting black mess. Obviously I can't say if the serum made my lashes thicker because I just can't put this on again. Smells funky, too. It's going back to CVS.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by itismonica

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow..this item really works. Okay, not as quickly or as good at the more expensive products out there...but you do get what you pay for.

Color: It goes on a bit more sheer than black black but it does state on the directions to let dry and apply a 2nd coat. Then it comes out a black black (wow, directions, who would have thought?).

Applicator: Considering you'll need to apply a 2nd coat, I don't think this is the most ideal for the fancy eyeliner application that some seek. I sometimes will use another eyeliner for more of a 'winged' application but use this one as a base since I'm seeing a difference.

Lash Booster: Yeah, this really does work. It took about a month and perhaps it's not dramatic as the Jan Marini or Lattisse ones I've used, but I do see a difference. Granted, it's 1/10th the cost of the others as well.

I'll be purchasing again, at least for the Lash Boosting effects and as a base for other eyeliners that I prefer.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by poreblaster2000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I thought this would make doing wings, cat eyes, whatever, much easier, but no, it's still hard for me. This is probably more my fault as I'm still trying to master this look, but this eyeliner is not the magic bullet either. A few things that bug me: It's not dark enough - goes on with transparency almost like a wash instead of an opaque ink. The edges bled/feathered on my skin, maybe my skin was too moist tho??? Will apply primer on next attempt. And it didn't dry fast enough - I blinked after applying and it smudged in the corner. I will say that once it dries it does stay put ALL day which is amazing. As for the lash boosting serum, it's probably just marketing hype. I seriously doubt that I will see any improvement there, but it's too soon to report.
Update: tried it with eyelid primer and it stayed put much better while inside, but then I was outside in the heat for a happy hour, got a bit sweaty and it started to smudge and transfer to my upper lid & crease. Ugh.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by jhopkins701

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this eyeliner for a month or so now. I started noticing my eyelashes seemed fuller, I had forgotten that this had serum in it. For me the felt tip application is easier to apply than other liquid liners. It kind of reminds me of a marker. The color was somewhat lighter than I like but the pen says to store it upside down for 10-15 minutes for darker color, I did this and it went on perfect. I don't know of this product is actually what has made my lashes fuller but it is the only product I am using that even claims to make lashes grow. I will definatley repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by crazysexycoolchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

There are many flaws with this eyeliner. It's lacking pigmentation so that you have to go over the same area more than once to get it dark enough. The jumbo tip is too big to easily create wings. The formula smudges underneath my eyes as the day progresses. The whole reason I even wear liquid eyeliner (as opposed to pencil or gel) is because it doesn't usually smudge! The only thing I like about this eyeliner is that the stiff felt tip makes it easy to tightline.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by TrainedDreamer

I got this on sale from CVS for $4...& yet I'd still prefer to return it. The black ink isn't dark enough, it's difficult to navigate around my thick lashes, & it smudged within an hour here in the hot, humid, state of TX. I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2012 10:08:00 AM More reviews by Sweetpotato314

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim during a mega CVS sale and have used it every day since. The liner tip makes drawing a near perfect cat eye effortless...something I could not as easily achieve with gel and a brush. Plus, my eyelashes have gotten noticeably longer, which is completely unexpected (I'm a huge product skeptic).

UPDATE: I'm a dummy...the product I own is not the felt tip version, but the liquid one in the skinny silver tube. Buy that one!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by blueeyescppw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great liquid eyeliner. Somehow the pen format actually does exactly what it should do - delivers the perfect amount of even liquid eyeliner every time. I don't really know if it boosts lash growth as I only use it once every week or so, but it's a fantastic liquid liner and a good price. I have this in brown and am planning to purchase it in black as well. Very versatile, great product.