April 24, 2014 | 907 users online

Styling Products - Not Your Mother's - Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by MrMontyBurns

Loving this! I spray generously on wet, damp hair, run my fingers through to distribute, then scrunch. It makes my wavy hair more defined, but in a good-messy way, if that makes sense. Also, it seriously adds volume! I wasn't expecting that, but so pleased. And--this is a biggie for me--when dry, my hair is super soft, not crunchy or sticky at all! Scent is very nice but not too strong. Sooo happy I found this! Haven't tried on second-day hair yet, but will update when I do.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by syrupsippinsyd

I bought this after reading helpful reviews hoping it would work on my hair.. I have thick, wavy hair that I've cut into layers to prevent frizziness. Unfortunately, this spray did nothing for my waves except make them smell better. I tried using it before and after I diffused my hair and I saw no difference. I ended up just using it to make my hair smell good, because it doesn't make my hair sticky or hard, so nobody can tell I'm wearing it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2013 9:09:00 AM More reviews by thelaurax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The smell is nice--very coconut-y. It's not much of a styling product, though, feels like just spraying coconut water in your hair. I have straight hair that gets wavy when I let it air dry, and spraying this product in my hair before letting it air dry did not make my hair much wavier than it already would have been.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2013 8:45:00 AM More reviews by JayLeigh32

At first I really imagined myself liking this product but with more use I grew more frustrated with it. It makes my hair very sticky and crunchy and does not always promise a good look for my hair.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by jatkins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is just plain awful! I don't understand all the hype about it. I tried over and over to make it work. I went through almost the whole bottle; I just don't have any more desire to try. This stuff makes my hair crunchy,sticky and dry at the same time no matter how damp/ wet my hair was. So, there's no beachy waves, just cruchy bends in my hair in random places. Pretty much every mousse I have ever tried works better than this stuff. The only good quality- it smells like coconuts in a really beachy/ good way.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by LaLa6699

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product was a waste of money. My hair looked AWFUL with this in it. It looked as if I had just rolled out of bed and didnt brush my hair... YUCK! And it made my hair feel so stiff and knotted... never to buy again!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2013 4:31:00 AM More reviews by RenattaK

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My first sea salt spray, and it does everything I wanted. Smells great, no saltiness in the scent. The shape of the sprayer makes it easy to use and it also has a locking mechanism to prevent leakage. To use I start with dry hair with no product in it and I turn my head upside down and spray the ends up to the middle of my hair. I then put my hair in loose, twisted buns princess laya style and set with a bit of hairspray. I leave this in for about 10 minutes (or as long as I have until I have to leave) then i take out the buns and finish with hairspray. My hair is naturally straight, but it will hold some kind of waves but not curls. This spray creates a beachy, wavy look and honestly I expected it to be useless on my straight hair but I was pleasantly surprised.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by alex516

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Didn't work for me and made my hair feel too dry.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by xkylielovesyoux

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Before i purchase any product, i look it up on here. I looked this up, and saw it had a good review. I have naturally wavey beachy hair, i just thought i would get this to add more wave and texture. Overall, its a good product. Love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by orenjinominh

I am a volumizing/texturizing hair product hoarder. My hair is stick straight and holds a curl, and isn't exactly limp. It's just a little thinned out and tends to stick to the sides of my head weirdly. I love that beach babe vibe and use this when my hair is damp, to bring out a little texture and fluff. I also use this after curling my hair. To be honest, the fluff doesn't last that long on my hair and only looks good after my hair is wavy. However, it smells like lovely coconut...yum...

I really like it, but I don't love it. I like the spray packaging and how it can lock up for travel. It gives my hair a little more leave, if that makes sense. I use this with dry shampoo on my roots to prolong my in between shampoos time.