April 18, 2014 | 1841 users online

Shampoo - Suave - Professionals Keratin Infusion Color Care Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 9:11:00 AM More reviews by pauley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love, Love ,Love this shampoo and conditioner, better than the high price stuff I cna not beleive how great this is and it is much better on the wallet.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by areno79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not bad for a drugstore shampoo. My wallet was taking a beating from using Alterna products, so I bought this since I was out of shampoo and needed something quickly. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality, and will definitely buy this again. (FWIW, I didn't notice any kind of bad smell, and I'm usually very scent-sensitive.)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2012 2:08:00 PM More reviews by vicky4041

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this because I needed to cut back on spending. I have been using this for 2 weeks and I have to say it's just as good as any expensive shampoos I have used. Honestly I don't get why people complain about the smell. I am usually senstive to smell but this one does not bother me at all. What ever smell there is it goes away. Now I will say I use a different conditioner so that may kill any smell my hair had from the shampoo. Anyway I'm hooked until I get tired of it as I have a tendency to want to try new things after about 3 or 4 months,.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Thedecorator99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

OMG!!! I strictly bought this because of all the rave reviews on this site. I have tried everything: Pureology (hated it), Kerastase (used to love it), Organix (just didn't do it for me), among a ton of others. So far, this is BY FAR the best shampoo for my hair I've ever used. I bought the shampoo, conditioner and leave in. My hair is highlighted, straight, VERY fine and damaged. It looked healthier and actually thicker from the first time I used it. I'll update again after one month. I am praying this is my HG.......

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 9:55:00 AM More reviews by mellern

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Update 23/2/13: This made my scalp itch eventually, and felt that there was some build-up over time. I used it up as a hand soap.
This shampoo is wonderful! It cleans very well and leaves hair bouncy and shiny... I have oily fine hair, and this doesn't irritate my scalp. It rinses clean and doesn't leave any build-up, and detangles beautifully.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Silvia8329

I was using the L'oreal eversmooth products prior to trying this. It lathers a lot more than the L'oreal, probably because it is low sulfate and not sulfate free. I like it a lot and the smell doesn't bother me. It dissipates quickly imo. I will definitely purchase this again and would choose it over the L'oreal eversmooth/pure line of products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

I have a thick set of hair. Each hair however has a mind of its own. Generally speaking, my hair is unruly. After trying many product from 99 cents shampoos and conditioners to Kerastase and other HE brands, I figured out that it does not matter how expensive a product is, my hair has to like it. The shampoo and conditioner in this line are about $3 each at Target. I did not have high hopes but my One n Only shampoo and conditioner were becoming way too expensive so I gave this a try. I have to say that my hair did not like Kerastase as much as it loved these products. They both detangled and made my hair silky. I used a little bit of my Oleo-Relax Serum and WOW, my hair was tamed and actually looked great with a simple blow drying. I am not too happy about using curling but this really cut the ironing use. I just use a curling iron at the ends of my hair and Voila. Highly recommended to those with thick sets of hair. UPDATE: I have been using this now for a few weeks and I love it. The texture of my hair is so great that I cannot stop touching my silky hair.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by HesterMofet

I wanted to wait a bit longer to review this, as I've only been using this for a week (with the conditioner), but I love it so much I didn't want to hold off any longer! My hair is waist length and very dry/damaged from bleach and color processes. Previously I was using the Tresemme shampoo and conditioner for colored hair, which did make my hair feel a bit less dry but my hair was still frizzy and coarse. The first time I used this shampoo, even while my hair was wet before I conditioned it, my hair felt much smoother and, if this makes any sense, stronger than before I shampooed. I can even comb through my hair with a wide-toothed comb after using just the shampoo without my hair stretching or breaking. I admit I haven't used this without the conditioner (I ALWAYS condition my hair!), and I probably never will because my hair is so dry, and in combination with the conditioner my hair feels so great I wouldn't want to go without it. The end result of all of this is that my hair is smooth, shiny, and much less frizzy than it is without this product, something I didn't think I could achieve without time, deep conditioning and cutting off all of my hair that had been over processed. Considering that a bottle of this is about $3 I'd say this is in the realm of miracle products for me. Love!

Update: after using this for nearly a month I have noticed such a HUGE inmprovement in my hair. Even when I wet my hair before washing my hair feels super soft and smooth, and I have noticed my hair doesn't tangle nearly as easily as it did before, especially because I always wear a necklace and my hair never gets caught or tangled in my jewelry like it used to. If I wasn't sold on this when I wrote my original review I absolutely am now! I even have a friend who is a pro hair dresser hooked on this, the first time she used it she commented on how silky and smooth her hair was and how she was amazed that a shampoo and conditioner that cost $3 could make hair look and feel so great.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2012 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Tshank777

Amazing stuff. This product definetly is worth every penny and more. I bought it for my dry highlighted hair and boy this stuff did miracles I bought the shampoo and conditioner and after using that went back to the store to purchase the rest of the line and let me tell you All of it is great! I am so happy my hair is softer and feels a lot stronger. And I barely don't have to style it and it looks great all day! Thank you Suave :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2012 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Bonn77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used to buy the Kerastase line, but it's just soooo expensive that I stopped purchasing it, so when Suave came out with the Keratin Infusion line I was psyched. I'm a huge fan of Suave's line of products (so cheap and usually good stuff), so I bought this right away.

PROS:
Thick, rich consistency
Detangles my hair
Tames the frizz
Makes my hair nice and shiny

CONS:
OH DEAR GOD THAT SMELL

I have long, fine, layered, wavy hair that is prone to frizz and dryness. This shampoo hydrates and smooths visibly and makes my hair easy to comb through even when it's wet, especially when I use it with the matching conditioner, and at $3/bottle it's a friggin steal. But the smell is nauseating. It smells like someone's European grandpa. Musky, spicy and heavy. I've been using it for a month and it's not something I have gotten used to.

As much as I love what it does for my hair, I don't think the smell is worth it. It's really not comparable to Kerastase like they try to say it is, but it's still good and for the price it's better than you expect it to be. I'll use the rest of the bottle, but then switch back to my old standby, Suave's Almond & Shea Butter line which is my HG and does basically the same thing for me without smelling like cheap gas-station cologne. It would be 5 stars if it smelled good, but it gets 2 stars because YES THE SMELL IS REALLY THAT BAD.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No