July 24, 2014 | 1039 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by squiggles37

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This has been my go-to tinted moisturizer for two years now. I can't say this is great for oily skin (perhaps a bit too emollient for us oily folks) but the light-medium coverage is perfect for me (love that there are yellow undertone options). I have a lot of acne scars so I do need to follow up with concealer but I find this covers a good amount of redness I have around the corners of my nose, mouth and cheeks. This is the ONLY tinted moisturizer I've tried to date that doesn't oxidize like crazy (still oxidizes a tiny bit but not super noticeable like other tinted moisturizers). There is a very very light citrus scent but it disappears immediately upon application.

I don't think it has adequate UVA/UVB protection so I do layer an SPF 30 moisturizer underneath. I wish they had slightly more shades since I think my NC25 skin really falls between the lightest shade Finland and the second lightest shade Alaska (I use Alaska). I once bought both to mix the two but that just ended up being way too much maintenance. I'm still on the hunt for a better tinted moisturizer (one with adequate sunscreen properties, is fragrance free and is preferably cruelty free) but until that day comes, this is what I'll be using.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2014 7:20:00 AM More reviews by lilcheese97

This tinted moisturiser is great for those who want to achieve a natural and glowing skin look. It's great for those days when you just don't feel like wearing a lot of makeup. There is something about this t/m that makes your skin look so amazing! It looks like it doesn't cover a lot but it really does. The downsides are the price, costing AUD$62 but a little does go a long way with this stuff. This product also feels sticky when you first apply it on but after a few minutes it sets and isn't so sticky anymore. And also I find that it completely disintegrates by the end of the day, or maybe it's just the powder I use on top of it :[ Not sure if I am going to purchase the full size, but the finish it gives is so amazing, I might just do it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2014 10:20:00 AM More reviews by iflyaa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this for its SPF, it's luminous without being too greasy looking. I mix it with Estée Lauder invisible coverage foundation for a more made up look sometimes, but I am pale and Alaska works well for me. Don't need much, be careful, so for the price, I think it will last a decent amount of time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 5:11:00 AM More reviews by summerglow123

Just got my first NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in Alaska and must say - i love it!

Since i purchased the product online i was a bit afraid if the color would match... Alaska was a bit more yellow toned, whereas my face has more pink undertones, but when applied to my face it matched nicely.
It even toned away the redness, and made my face match my decolte! (Maybe someone with acne prone skin recognizes the problem I battle with, pinky face, but otherwise yellow undertones in my skin...)

Compared to MAC tinted moisturizer was this ten times better. No oilyness, absorbes well and gives a nice sheer color. Felt like the sheer finish made my pores less visible too.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2014 8:00:00 AM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I received a tester tube of this with a purchase in the shade Malaga. Way to dark for my pale skin but I decided to try it is a bronzer for my cheeks and to mix with my foundation to warm it up a little. Its a very yellow caramel shade and won't suit those with pink toned or cool skin. But the actual product is a lovely easy to work with texture, nice and light and lasts well. I will def be trying this is a shade more suitable for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Shourek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

A few months back, I decided to experiment with my foundation routine and purchased this tinted moisturizer in Alaska and Chanel vitalumière aqua in B20.
I used each for a few months, and well, we have a winner.
1) First off, if you have oily skin, run away from this product as fast as you can. It really is moisturizing. I normally put both moisturizer and primer under my foundations, but with this, just a tiny amount of primer and eye cream does the trick.
2) Color choices are exceptional. I hate pink based foundations, and well, most appeared to be yellow based.
3) It makes you look incredibly healthy, with no dry patches showing anywhere, as if you were glowing from within.

Now Ladies, I have tried hundreds of foundations, and I have to say, if you do not want heavy coverage, have relatively dry/normal skin, and desperately want that "I eat healthy and exercise daily look" without actually doing it, this is for you.
Now for the cons, (because let's face it, there's always cons), the "glow" can easily turn to "oil puff ball"; you really need to set this with translucent powder if you do not want to blind people. However, after setting, I never had trouble looking oily, even in "warmer" temperatures. ("Spring" here in Canada)
Second con: After about 9 hours, it starts disintegrating on your face. So no long wearing. (Keep in mind that I don't touch up anything, and that the Chanel foundation lasted about the same amount of time).
PS: If you want long last, turn to Estée Lauder double wear light (Colour choices are awful though).
And so, I actually really like this foundation. Even in harsh lights it still looks good, feels comfortable, no irritation or pimples, and oh, so easy to use. Love it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2014 9:16:00 AM More reviews by tue45892

Let me start off by acknowledging how much I loved this stuff, at first. I've never been much of a foundation girl, always finding that products tended to make my skin look worse than just going bare. So when a Sephora employee recommended I try Nars Tinted Moisturizer, I decided it was worth a shot. At $42, I assumed it would be made with high quality ingredients. The packaging is also sleek and nice.

As far as the color, it gives my skin a flawless, dewy look... albeit, a bit orange as it oxides throughout the day. When I use Jergens self tanner, the color seems to be a better match.

I've been using it for close to a year now and I can't say I'm blown away by it. I mostly use it for the SPF factor. However, in the past couple of months, I've been noticing some clogged pores and congestion on my forehead. While it is not red, inflamed acne, it is still troublesome and feels a bit rough to the touch. I have tried everything, from ditching diet soda and upping my water intake to exfoliating daily, all to no avail. The only thing I haven't tried is going makeup-free for a few days. Sure enough, once this product was out of my routine, my skin started to become smoother and return to its normal, healthy state.

Maybe my skin was just too sensitive for the ingredients in this product. It does have a hefty dose of SPF, which is what drew me towards it in the first place, but has a tendency to be comodegenic. For the price, the weird color selection and the reaction that my skin had, I can't recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2014 12:46:00 PM More reviews by shalie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Before I bought this, I had never used a foundation This has nice coverage, all natural. I am Latina so I use St. Moritz. I have been in 100 degree weather and it has never felt greasy. I take good care of my skin and this product has no parabens, no harsh chemicals.

Alcohol- dries your skin. Sucks up moisture. Heck no!!!!!!

Paraben- A preservative, synthetic ingredient, harsh chemical.

Fragance- you don't need to go to the fragrance department every time you wash your face or put a moisturizer on your face.I read a lot of reviews where women rave about the smell of their moisturizer unfortunately that is drying your skin. Good to your senses not to your skin.

Petrolatum- Petroleum gel, it comes from oil refineries. That's all I have to say about that.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2014 3:09:00 AM More reviews by allonsy

I have this product in Terre-Neuve, and I'm impressed with the color range because it's difficult for me to find very fair shades in tinted moisturizers. This gives just enough coverage to even out some redness and blur mild acne, has a radiant finish without being dewy, and blends easily with fingers. It's not moisturizing enough to completely replace my actual moisturizer, but it also doesn't dry out my skin or cause it to get oily. If I apply a little powder on top, I can easily get 4-5 hours wear out of this product. I would recommend this to someone with normal-combination skin who is looking for a sheer, natural/glowing finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Krisjones311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Purchased this product before my vacation. I knew I didnt want to have to pack on my MAC Matchmaster (8.5) every day while im at the beach so I did some research and wanted to buy a TM. It was either Laura Mercier or Nars after comparing the reviews and me liking other Nars products on the past I decided with Nars. I got matched for Polynesia and it matched effortlessly. BTW my skin already is pretty good with maybe a small scar or two from childhood no blemishes no acne no breakouts EVER I just wanted something to give me that extra glow. And boy did it ever my skin was radiant And glowy and all I needed was light coverage and it did just that. It has a slight scent but it goes away. 42 dollars is steep but its worth it. A little goes a long way.