November 27, 2014 | 1693 users online

Hair - LUSH - No Drought

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 11:07:00 AM More reviews by kwill89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This dry shampoo is just ok. I am new to the realm of dry shampoos as I first read about this on beauty blogs. I have 2 bottles of Batiste dry shampoo which comes in a really cute aerosol can and it's easy to spray on and the scent is really nice. It does seem to be a bit more on the "heavy" side, as I have naturally straight, medium thickness (drier) dark brown hair, it's easy to use too much. I got a sample from Lush the other day of their dry shampoo, and it smells REALLY nice, but it looks sort of..sketchy. It's just a powder, literally, it looks like pancake mix. I took some and rubbed it into my roots as I wash my hair every other day, so use dry shampoo in between days for volume, not necessarily for grease absorption because my hair doesn't really get too oily ever. I used just a little bit because I feel it I used any more it would be powdery and noticeable in my dark hair. It doesn't give as great of volume as Batiste, but it's easier to use for sure. I'll keep my sample and use it periodically until it runs out, but will I purchase the full sized bottle? Probably not. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect dry shampoo, if any one has any suggestions, please inbox me on here!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually really like the Lush No Drought dry shampoo. I usually despise dry shampoos, mainly because all the ones I've tried have come in spray cans, and those tend to dispense far too much product. With the packaging for No Drought, however, I find it easier to control the amount that comes out. I have very short, very purple hair and I've found it gives me at least one more day between washes without leaving my hair weighed down, powdery-looking, or smelling of grandparents. The smell, actually, is lightly hinted with citrus and dissipates pretty quickly after I brush it out.
I've used it three times now and so far, I find it does a good job. I don't like too much shine in my hair and this eliminates it pretty well, and definitely gives my hair a bit of volume.
The price isn't bad. I got the smaller bottle for $8 USD, but considering how little you have to use (seriously, I do maybe five light shakes in total, which amounts to very little), I imagine this could last for quite a long time. I know there is an expiry date, but most powder products take quite a while to go bad, so I imagine Lush puts the date on there as a means to make more money. Whatever - I'm used to seeing that.
Note: I normally have extremely oily hair and have to wash it every day, but since I dyed it, I'm skipping washes to keep the color vibrant. And this stuff definitely works for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2013 4:30:00 AM More reviews by koralam

Price:$12.00
This is a powder dry shampoo, smells like lemons, comes in a 130 g bottle, expires about a year after its purchased.
Dont buy this! Its seriously a waste of money. I find powder dry shampoos to be very messy and they pretty much just mattify your hair for about an hour before it'll go back to being just as greasy as before. This did nothing to add volume, i actually felt it weighed down my hair. And the bottle itself was horrible, it was a pop lid bottle so i could never control how much product came out. I was always some how convered in white dust after using it, a friend actually thought i had dandruff and recommended i try head and shoulders! so needless to say i will not be repurchasing this !

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2013 3:25:00 AM More reviews by gonatural18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I AM SO FRUSTERATED! I've used many dry shampoos because my hair is medium length, curly and very thin and fine. I enjoy most products I purchase from LUSH, so I thought this would be perfect. And all I have to say is, thank GOD I bought the sample size. Firstly, this dry shampoo doesn't even work as a dry shampoo! Instead, it only matted my Hair and made it even greasier! Yuck! It also left my hair feeling extremely dry, frizzy and with a grey tint! (So if you're going for the 'finely aged' look, this is the product for you) and the packaging is not right either! I either get too little amount of the product or a huge pile of it in my sink. I mean, if anything, this dry shampoo only ruins your hair and it doesn't make me at all happy that I have to throw it out. Grrr..

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by HDK

i thought this product would be great but nooo, it gives my black hair a grayish tint and it makes my hair feel cakey and even more disgusting! do not buy!!! save your money & buy a cheaper, much better one from the drugstore!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by AutumnShadow15

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Awful. Turns my hair into a big, wollley, matted mess. It doesn't brush out easily and doesn't even remove the oil. My hair actually feels dirtier after using this. I give it two stars only because of the fresh grapefruit smell.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by NinaSun

I'm glad I got a sample of this first from someone at Lush instead of buying an entire bottle. Just from using the sample, I hated it. I use a lot of dry shampoos because I wash my hair maybe 3 times a week at most and so dry shampoo is a must.
Firstly, I hate the packaging. Even from looking at the big bottle, it's hard to apply. Some people drizzle it over their head, some put it on their hands first. I put it on my hands first but i couldn't get it all over my scalp and it was very messy.
When I put it on my head and tried to rub it in, it looked like flour. I have jet black hair and the powder would not disseminate in my scalp so it just looked like a floury mess.
It also did absolutely nothing to absorb the oils from my roots. So, I ended up with a floury mess and still oily hair.
And for the price of the big bottle I think it is absolutely too expensive for the bad quality. Will never purchase a full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by 1432

This is the best dry shampoo I've ever tried. I used to have one of the spray ones but my hair felt really wet and it didn't do much about grease. This one took of 80-90% of the oil out of my hair and I had volumized hair that didn't feel oily and grimy. What I do is put some on my hands, rub my palms together and work through my hair. Then, I leave it on for a couple of minutes (5-10) and then brush out. The fresh citrus scent leaves your hair smelling great. This product also last ages and I feel it works better than other powders because it doesn't leave my hair white or grayish. The only con is the packaging. I think it should have a small jar with holes on the lid so that you could easily sprinkle on your hair.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by amyhuskiewicz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

OK, this smells delightful but I get scalp pain and irritation from it. Not sure which ingredient is responsible. Also do not like the packaging - impractical and messy. Maybe it would be better in one of those sifter containers they use for body powders? I am hoping they come up with a mist-on hair refresher!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by sparky333441

I didn't like this at all. And it's not like I haven't given it a chance, because trust me, I have.
First of all, the packaging is bad. The way it's shaped and awkwardly made to get the powder out is just bad. The white powder stays in your hair, and looks like dandruff. It didn't help me at all in terms of "soaking up oil". I had tried many tactics, including putting it on a brush, putting it directly into hair, or putting it on my hands first. Also, the damn little white flakes get everywhere! In the sink, on the floor.

Bad, bad, bad.