October 24, 2014 | 986 users online

Hair - LUSH - No Drought

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by HDK

i thought this product would be great but nooo, it gives my black hair a grayish tint and it makes my hair feel cakey and even more disgusting! do not buy!!! save your money & buy a cheaper, much better one from the drugstore!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by AutumnShadow15

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Awful. Turns my hair into a big, wollley, matted mess. It doesn't brush out easily and doesn't even remove the oil. My hair actually feels dirtier after using this. I give it two stars only because of the fresh grapefruit smell.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by NinaSun

I'm glad I got a sample of this first from someone at Lush instead of buying an entire bottle. Just from using the sample, I hated it. I use a lot of dry shampoos because I wash my hair maybe 3 times a week at most and so dry shampoo is a must.
Firstly, I hate the packaging. Even from looking at the big bottle, it's hard to apply. Some people drizzle it over their head, some put it on their hands first. I put it on my hands first but i couldn't get it all over my scalp and it was very messy.
When I put it on my head and tried to rub it in, it looked like flour. I have jet black hair and the powder would not disseminate in my scalp so it just looked like a floury mess.
It also did absolutely nothing to absorb the oils from my roots. So, I ended up with a floury mess and still oily hair.
And for the price of the big bottle I think it is absolutely too expensive for the bad quality. Will never purchase a full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by 1432

This is the best dry shampoo I've ever tried. I used to have one of the spray ones but my hair felt really wet and it didn't do much about grease. This one took of 80-90% of the oil out of my hair and I had volumized hair that didn't feel oily and grimy. What I do is put some on my hands, rub my palms together and work through my hair. Then, I leave it on for a couple of minutes (5-10) and then brush out. The fresh citrus scent leaves your hair smelling great. This product also last ages and I feel it works better than other powders because it doesn't leave my hair white or grayish. The only con is the packaging. I think it should have a small jar with holes on the lid so that you could easily sprinkle on your hair.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by amyhuskiewicz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

OK, this smells delightful but I get scalp pain and irritation from it. Not sure which ingredient is responsible. Also do not like the packaging - impractical and messy. Maybe it would be better in one of those sifter containers they use for body powders? I am hoping they come up with a mist-on hair refresher!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by sparky333441

I didn't like this at all. And it's not like I haven't given it a chance, because trust me, I have.
First of all, the packaging is bad. The way it's shaped and awkwardly made to get the powder out is just bad. The white powder stays in your hair, and looks like dandruff. It didn't help me at all in terms of "soaking up oil". I had tried many tactics, including putting it on a brush, putting it directly into hair, or putting it on my hands first. Also, the damn little white flakes get everywhere! In the sink, on the floor.

Bad, bad, bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by xonadiya

This is such a great dry shampoo.
It smells like lemon and removes about 80% of grease from your hair.
I will deffinitely repurchase, The only thing I hate is the packaging, wayy too much product comes out.
I would recommend pouring it into a clean salt shaker and dusting it into your hair for even distribution.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by mgarcia0418

This is the best dry shampoo I have used. It doesn't leave my hair white or gritty feeling. My hair actually still looks shiny after using this, but not at all oily. I think the key to making this is work is not using too much. I usually section the top of my hair and add a little to distribute the product better. Gives my hair a little volume too! Too bad the packaging doesn't make any sense!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by baybeelee

This was a very disappointing product from Lush...the only appealing thing is the price. Lots of product for only $13! But it made my hair feel even dirtier with no volume at all. The packaging is also kinda hard to work with too because you can't control the amount of product that comes out. I recommend the oscar blandi dry shampoo in the powder version!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2012 5:33:00 AM More reviews by redrave1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have shorter, medium thickness, fine, reddish brown hair. It is prone to getting very oily at the roots and dry at the ends. I've used this product for three months weekly.

PROS:
-doesn't turn my hair white or change the color
-perfect for after the gym or hiking, when hair is still clean but may be a slightly sweaty.
-absorbs oil well and is easy to work a small amount of product into hair without having to excessively brush it out (a nice perk for curly hair that is a pain to reset if already styled).
-I found the smell to be pleasant and faded quickly

CONS:
-as other people have mentioned, the packaging is awful. You will get too much product and it will distribute unevenly. I take a little and work it into my roots and then powder my hands and run it through my hair
-doesn't work well on my fringe/bangs. It doesn't change the color but the texture is just...off afterwards. Not noticeable on the rest of my hair.
-can make hair look matte. Obviously, it would dull shine by removing oil, but although the color of hair doesn't change I think it coats it giving it a matte cast
-I don't find this an adequate replacement for shampoo. I usually wash my hair three to four times a week. With this product I can get away with three times or use it for touch ups. I was hoping to get down to once or twice a week.