April 17, 2014 | 1767 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - ColorBurst Lip Butter - Tutti Frutti

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by cobblest

Beautiful color

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Revlon's Colorburst Lip Butters are probably the most popular lipstick release of the last few years. Everyone has one, or has at least read numerous reviews. I've previously reviewed Cherry Tart and Candy Apple, this review is for Tutti Frutti, the long coral/orange shade out of the twenty color range. Revlon claims that these sheer, moisturizing lipsticks contain beneficial ingredients like coconut, mango, and shea butters. Revlon says that the "gel formula provides supercharged hydration and glides on lips buttery smooth." The Lip Butter formula is supposedly so moisturizing that 94% of women say "softer, smoother, instantly hydrated lips." I bought my Tutti Frutti Lip Butter at Ulta for around $6. Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters contain 2.5g (.09 oz) of product. This lipstick was made in the USA. Revlon does not test on animals.
I'll try to contain myself and not absolutely gush about how much I like the packaging for these lipsticks. Each Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter comes in a silver twist up tube with the Revlon logo printed on the black base. The translucent plastic caps are color coordinated to each shade. Two sides of the cap have a quilted, textured design embossed into them, the other two sides are smooth. The shade name and number can be found on a label on the bottom of the tube. I really like the Lip Butter packaging, its cute, colorful, and the quilted design is a nice detail.
Revlon's Tutti Frutti Lip Butter has a slightly sticky texture to it and a thicker feel on the lips than the other two Lip Butters I have. Tutti Frutti goes on a little uneven, no matter what condition my lips are in, there's always a patch or two that this lipstick sticks to manages to find and cling to. Unlike the previous two Lip Butters which I found extremely drying, Tutti Frutti is quite comfortable to wear, and dare I say it, moisturizing! Tutti Frutti wears for about two hours, which is decent for a sheer, hydrating lip color. The entire Colorburst Lip Butter line is void of scents and flavors, which is a good thing, but at the same time its a little bit of a let down. I mean, can you imagine how good they would be if the flavor matched the names?
Most my readers will know that I'm mad for orange lipsticks, they're my absolute favorite. Tutti Fruitti is pretty much a straight up orange in the tube, but pulls more of a pinky coral on my lips. I'm a little disappointed that it doesn't show up super orange, but the resulting color is still really pretty. Tutti Frutti is sheer, but can be built up to nearly opaque with a second coat. I really like the finish of this Lip Butter, its the perfect balance between a satin and glossy finish. I thought that Tutti Frutti would be very similar to Maybelline's Color Whisper in Orange Attitude, but comparatively Tutti Fruitti is more orange and more pigmented.
Surprisingly, I really like Revlon's Colorburst Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti. Packaging and pricing are both spot on. The feel of this lipstick is a little thick, and it doesn't apply perfectly, but it isn't anything that a gloss can't fix. I really like the buildable nature of this lipstick. The color is a lovely orange, but its kinda corrupted by my naturally pink, pigmented lips. Out of the three Lip Butters I've tried, Tutti Frutti is before the best, it didn't even wreck my lips at all! If you're going to buy another Revlon Lip Butter, I suggest choosing Tutti Frutti!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by chocolateorange221

Beautiful colour, my first drugstore lipstick and I was quite impressed with the lipstick. The only complaint that I have is the packaging. The lipstick itself span to the edges of the tube, so if you slide it up and down, there will be some friction which means the lipstick is rubbing off at the sides. Also if you slide it to the top and then to the bottom, the lipstick doesn't go all the way down because of this extra friction created between the tube and the lipstick. This means that I'll have to push the lipstick down with my finger, which isn't very pleasant.

I wanted a really nice glossy orange lipstick, but I'll probably go for Mac's korean candy next time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2013 3:20:00 AM More reviews by pe4chzncre4m

Really love this color for spring and summer. It's not as scary as it looks in the tube - the orange color sheers out on the lips and makes a really beautiful coral color. I don't think its as moisturizing as other people have said but I think its a great no hassle lip color. It lasts a good amount of time if you don't eat or drink but if you do then you have to reapply. I just keep it in my purse so its no problem. Definitely would repurchase this color its so gorgeous.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by kwill89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

THESE ARE GREAT! I usually only buy high end makeup as my skin is super sensitive and I hate spending money on crummy products...I like the best that my money can buy. These are great for the low price, and I find that they are actually better than the Mac tinted lip conditioners. I love this colour, it's actually quite bright and the balm makes it so moisturizing. It'd look amazing with a peach blush! They also seem to have great staying power! I bought two of these, in Sweet Tart and Tutti Fruitti, both are amazing for summer, I can't wait to wear these more!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by orenjinominh

My favorite shade of the many lip butters I own. Why? The color is so lovely and thus I forgive the fact that its not as moisturizing as advertised. I own MAC Vegas volt and sometimes do not have the patience or audacity to pull it off for 8am lecture. This shade is a similar orangey coral loveliness that I can swipe on, drop in my bag, and reapply liberally and even sloppily without consulting the mirror. For the other lip butters, especially the pinks, my lips dry up after 3 hours and the hot pink flakes that shower people when I talk is disturbing as hell. This one never does that, is not as thick, and is great for layering over nude lipsticks or even reds.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this orange. This is a dead sexy coral shade that is buildable and works for all skin tones. It has enough shine and applies evenly. I like that it is creamy and not shimmery. It is also very hydrating. It is great for a pop of color on the lips and pairs nicely with turquoise e/s or accessories.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Jhulagurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE this lip butter. This color is so pretty, its an orange color but very wearable. Its very moisturizing to the lips and looks great with my fair skin, blue eyes and blonde hair. Perfect color for spring and summer. Highly recommend :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by demlooksxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had wanted this colour for the longest time and it definitely didn't disappoint! As others have mentioned, this turns into a nice coral colour on the lips, definitely not as bright as it appears in the tube. I personally find it pretty moisturizing on my lips. As for the staying power, it's not that good -- 2-3 hours max, less if eating/drinking is involved. I know people have complained about the packaging and though it is somewhat of an effort to open, I don't mind it all that much. Lastly, I do think this is pretty expensive for a drugstore lip balm-like product at $8 here in Canada. However, I found this colour unique enough to overlook that. Overall, I love this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by cocodogg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

How to describe this?

It is supposed to be a coral color (which it is once you put it on), but in the tube it's a flat out orange.

This color is very good to use during the spring and summer when you use other warm colors with it. And coral is always a nice switch from using those dark burgundy colors you would use during the colder months.

Wha I like about this, is unlike lipsticks, it doesn't dry out my lips. However if I do have chapped lips, it will show that when you apply it.

I think my favorite way to use this, is to add a bit of chapstick on, then add a couple of dabs on my lips, and rub it into my lips. It just adds a slight hue, which I like.

The lips butters lack lasting power, but I have no problem applying it after a few hours (when it wears off).