October 31, 2014 | 1063 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Whimsical 430

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Kallia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am really happy with this creamy, yet sheer glitter polish. I've heard it's very much like Debra Lippmann's Glitter is in the Air. I've worn it a few times, usually with undies like a pale mint green or robin's egg blue. I imagine a pale pink would also be lovely under this polish.

Application was very nice, not clumpy like some glitter polishes can be. Also, the glitter lay well on the nail and I was able to get nice looking glitter "spread" when applying.

This is one I am definitely getting a backup for.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 6:16:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous in the bottle but so hard to apply. It's hard to pick up the pretty glitter with your brush so you're just basically layering your nails with the polish. If successful with the application, this polish looks gorgeous over pastel colors. Wouldn't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2012 10:45:00 PM More reviews by flowersgrimm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the worst nail polish I've ever had.
I love the color, I love the tiny light pink glitters and the pink and blue hexagonal glitters in a light blue base..
The application seems like it going to go great but if you do thin coats you get no glitter and the more thin coats I added.. (3) it kept getting gloppier and gloppier.
I tried layering it over a light blue to get the color payoff and be able to use less coats...Its very thick and I've only had it for about 5 days.. Its almost unusable. I will take it back and get another one to see if I just got a bad bottle because I really want it to work...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Candy123718

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the more unique polish in my collection. I love this glitter because it looks so dreamy and soft. This nail polish has pink and blue hexagonal glitter, small silver and pink glitter, and tiny blue/turquoise glitter all in a sheer, milky baby blue base. This is great for layering over colors that complement the blue base. I really like this nail polish!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2012 3:01:00 PM More reviews by AyeJae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this polish! As mentioned several times below it is a dupe for DL. I despise sheer polishes so I used 4 coats to get the opacity I desired. Am not sure if others got a bad bottle but 4 coats went on perfectly for me. I waited 3 to 5 mins until I added another coat and the glitter buildup was phenomenal and wasn't goopy. 3 mins after the last coat I used Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat and in less than an hour my nails were bone dry. Onto the beauty of this polish. Light pale sky blue jelly base with hexagonal blue and pink glitter and pink blue and silver micro glitters. I'm not a fan of any blues but this is gorgeous. Nice for a birthday or when you just want to be girly without all the pink. I would recommend this to all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite glitter polish. I bought this as a dupe for Deborah Lippmann's Glitter in the Air. I love the contrast of larger and small glitters in sweet and soft colours - pink and light blue. Up to this point, glitter polishes are mostly very bright and loud or just boring glitters of the same size and colour.

The glitters are also sparse, to me i think is great because it goes with the soft colours of the glitters, making the look very dreamy and feminine.

The glitters are suspended in a very sheer blueish polish. The formula is good, i think i need a backup of this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2012 12:23:00 AM More reviews by froggrlily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Adorable nail polish and aptly named! This is a great dupe of Deborah Lippmann's Glitter in the Air. Basically, it's a sheer, pale blue base with small pink glitter and large pink and blue glitter bits. It's not meant to be opaque, so if you're looking for that you may not like this polish. Otherwise, 2-4 coats will get you to a fun amount of glitter. I've had mine on for four days and it's still shiny with no chips. Love this one!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

Didn't like this at all really. It looks so cute and fun in the bottle, but it took literally 5 coats to get decent opacity, and then every coat would remove some of the glitter from the previous one.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Green_Girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

After using this product a few more times, I've changed my review for accuracy's sake. I originally gave this product an overall rating of five, but have since knocked off two points.

I bought this on a whim at local drugstore; the color caught by eye as I passed the Revlon display, and after reading the shade name and recalling the hype on the Nail Board, I decided to give it a go.

In the bottle, Whimsical is an icy, milky blue containing small, silvery-white glitter bits and larger, light pink and blue hexagons. When applied, I noticed fine, subtle shimmer that flashed blue in the light, but I couldn't detect this in the bottle. Despite the high volume of glitter, Whimsical doesn't come off as particularly ostentatious, although it isn't exactly subtle, either.

The color is identical to that in the bottle, but very, very sheer; it will change the color of your polish slightly, but not too noticeably. I've worn this over a mint green color and Whimsical makes the color more Tiffany-box blue than green. I think Whimsical could be worn over almost any shade of nail polish without too much trouble.

As beautiful as this polish is, I had to knock off two points from my original review as the formula is pretty terrible. It's thick and goopy, and while I hope adding some acetone or thinner will thin it out, the polish is not useable as-is. I tried applying very thin coats and got almost no glitter, but when I applied normal coats, the end result made my nails look thick and shell-like. It also took forever to dry, even with a quick-dry top coat. I use New York Color Grand Central Station which usually makes my nails glassy and completely dry within minutes; with Whimsical, my nails still weren't completely dry several hours later, and I woke up with marks on my nails from my sheets.

Like I said, hopefully this polish just needs to be thinned out a bit before I can start using it all over the place. But, because the formula was so awful straight from the store, I can't give this product any more than three stars.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by ZebraPrints

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's nice to have something different, then just the average color. This is such a fun shade to add to any polish collection. I reccommend putting one or two coats of a pink, or blue polish on before applying whimsical. Since the blue in whimsical is so so shear. LOVE IT! =)