November 28, 2014 | 2023 users online

Top/Base Coats - Revlon - Colorstay Longwear Nail Enamel - Base Coat [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Juno360

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is genuinely fabulous. It STAYS, and it doesn't seem to thicken up in the bottle. I like CND Sticky base a lot but it gets thick from use to use and then it's hard to get an even coat.

This has a great brush - I've started saving the polish bottles from this line and decanting other polishes into them for the brush. I don't especially like the color selection in the polish line, but the base and top coats are becoming my mainstay and they work well with other polishes too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 6:34:00 AM More reviews by teray

My nail polish doesn't last a week, I tried Orly's bonding, Orly's no chip top coat, and other brands I forgot the names. I searched for this base coat here in Hong Kong but I couldn't find it. Typical of HK to be slow on stuff like these. Anyway when it was made available, I dilly dallied on buying one because it's pricey (about USD12, I think) and I do not want to buy it in case it doesn't work for me. Then one day, Watson's (it's like CVS?) had sa sale of 3 (Quick dry, Trauma, and this base coat) for the same price, USD12, I grabbed a set immediately. I tested it immediately and it worked, My nail polish stuck longer than one week, it even lasted 2 weeks, when I got really lazy, but my nails looked ugly when I remove the polish. Never again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by chimera59

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow. This is the ONLY basecoat I have ever used that allowed a manicure to last more than 24 hours on me. I have tried many included ORLY, China Glaze and OPI. All others resulted in chips and peeling sections of polish the next day. I have had this on for 3 days now with Revlon Red and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri. Still beautiful and chip-free with no peelies. I am so excited! I am a polish fiend and own hundreds, but it usually seems like I get in a rut where I don't wear polish because it comes off so quickly. Never again! I will continue to buy this. The brush is also great as it is wide and covers most of the nail with one stroke. I let it dry completely and applied two coats of polish. I will continue to purchase this and highly recommend it if you have a difficult time getting polish to last.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by cheryllan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I thought I was getting great wear from my manicures with other "sticky" base coats, but I purchased and tried Revlon Colorstay and wow, wow, wow! I used to get tip wear after a day and small chips maybe on day 3 or 4. I've been using the Colorstay for about 4 weeks and I'm on day 7 of my current mani and just today the polish that I wrapped my tips with has worn off with no other chips. Who knows how long I could go if I wasn't tired of this mani. I'm planning on changing it tomorrow which will be day 8. I already bought 2 more bottles. I'm very impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by cameobear

HANDS DOWN THE BEST BASECOAT IN THE HISTORY OF NAIL POLISH! Please, do yourself a favor: get over to your local drugstore and buy this. Like right now.

I'm a busy lady: I'm in college, have a job, and participate in multiple clubs and sports. I'm a beauty lover, and nail polish is a very strange obsession of mine. Unfortunately, I don't have time to do my nails often. I also have a horrendous habit of destroying my nails once the polish starts chipping; usually this happens while I'm in class, so I sit through lectures allll day chipping away at my nails.

Enter this product. I love the double brush; it can reach to the edges of my nail when it fans out, which makes application really fast and easy. I always do the recommended two coats, and the coats dry really fast so it doesn't take much time. With most polishes, I can get 5-7 days of wear, and even thin chipping is very minimal.
I also used to have a problem with excess bubbling with my nail polish, but not anymore.

I've never found a basecoat that really did anything before, but I'm so glad I found this. You can use any top coat you want, or no top coat at all and still get great results. I've had it for about 3 monthes and it's about half full (with weekly manicures). It hasn't gooped up in the slightest. I will definitely repurchase.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 3:03:00 AM More reviews by drawkcabackward

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a lot better than many drug store base coats. I bought it for about $5 at Target and I apply one coat. The thing is, this base coat is super sticky. It dries pretty fast, but it leaves a sticky residue. I think this makes the nail polish adhere to your nail better and longer and therefore, I barely get any chips with this before I change my nail color. The only time I get chips is when I use my nails to open something that's difficult to open. It's cheap and the best base coat I've used.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 4:08:00 AM More reviews by merkakis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is an amazing product! This is the only base coat that SIGNIFICANTLY extends the wear of my OPI polishes. I usually get tip wear on day 2 of using OPI, but with this base coat, I hardly get any tip wear and my OPI polishes last a whole week on me. It covers the nail beautifully, has a great consistency and dries quickly. It's a bit pricey for 11ml product, but worth the cost for superior quality. For reference, I've tried Orly Bonder, Nail Tek foundation2, CND Stickey, and none have worked at all, except this one.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

EDIT 052014 -- DAMN YOU REVLON!!! You discontinued my HOLY GRAIL NAIL PRODUCT!!! Now I have to embark on a hoarding expedition to stock up for the rest of my life. I'll never speak to you again.

GREATEST BASE COAT EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! I'm using this right now under my Sally Hansen Chrome Nail Makeup which usually chips as soon as it dries. I'm on day THREE with this, and no chips!!! (I used my usual SH Mega Shine top coat, BTW) I'm so glad I didn't throw out all my Chromes!!! This stuff is AMAAAAAZING. Regular price at CVS is $8.29. I got it on sale for $1.99 after Extra Bucks. Definitely going to start hoarding this. I just know they will discontinue it since I love it so much. Dries quickly, doesn't smell, and even if you use only one coat (the label says use two), it works.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2012 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Kurls315

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite base coat. It definitely prolongs my manicures. It's a staple- MUST HAVE. The Top coat I don't use often because I prefer quick dry top coats :-). In addition Revlon polishes frequently goes on sale for $1.99 at CVS! BEST VALUE on the market in my opinion!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Susee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This basecoat is meant to be used with the Revlon colorstay polish and top coat, but I used just the base coat with my regular colors and topcoat. I loved it; the application is smooth and thick, and dried relatively quickly. I really think a base coat is important because it gives polish something to "cling" to, and normally my polish chips within 24 hours of application. This time I went two days before I noticed a tiny chip on my index finger, and then another day before another small chip. I want to try it in conjunction with the top coat, but for now it is a winner for me. I paid $6 at Meijer for it.