Almay Smart Shade Perfect & Correct Primer

2.3

Water, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Dimethicone, Isopropyl N-Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Niacinamide, Panthenol, Tocopherol Acetate, Sea Salt, Montmorillonite, Squalane, Silica, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Behenyl Alcohol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethiconol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Butylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 42090/Blue 1, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens

on 1/6/2014 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

How it swirls is really pretty. This primer doesn't reduce redness but it does act as a decent base for makeup. The smell may seem a bit strong at first but you can ignore it. I honestly tried better primers but this isn't bad. It does an okay job. Check out my other reviews!

on 1/5/2014 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have no clue what kinda nose people have here....the smell is horrible??? Really? cat piss? wow! let me meet your cat please, so I can adopt him! The smell is totally no-existent, like all Almay's products. Does it really do what it says it does. Not exactly but I do notice a slight decrease in my redness.

on 11/11/2013 12:46:00 PM

I have to agree with other reviews on the smell, it is awful and doesn't seem to go away. Also it makes me have an ashy look to my skin when I use it. Would definitely not buy again, can't even make it through the 1st bottle :-(

on 11/7/2013 10:11:00 PM

The only reason why I would EVER use this again is for hydrating my skin. This doesn't work as a primer or as a color corrector. The smell is absolutely horrible (cat piss). I can barely put it on my face without gagging.

on 10/22/2013 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This primer works great for me, but not as a primer. I am using it for an alternative reason to help treat my redness and dry skin. This product works great as a moisturizer that leaves combination skin slightly dewy and matte with good protection from redness. Yes, I have noticed that the redness that usually comes from washing the face with harsh facial cleansers subsides when this primer/moisturizer is applied. I am a guy who works in a fast food place and I don't bother wearing any kind of makeup, so this is a great product to wear to enhance the look of the skin. It makes your skin looks glowey while it reduces skin redness and dryness. It also helps with oiliness because it prevents the skin from over drying and in turn over compensating with sebaceous oil. Overall its a great product when used as a moisturizer, especially for post accutane guys with sensitive skin. By the way, the packaging is very aesthetically pleasing,

on 10/15/2013 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I purchased this product after reading reviews, as I noticed that the people who gave it good ratings were more within my age group (26) whereas the people who gave it poor ratings were mostly in the "18& under" age group. I wondered if maybe younger skin, which is often more prone to breakouts, might be the reason this age group had a lot of troubles with it...?

So, a few different-aged friends and I all tried it out, in different scenarios. We overall found it worked best on mid-20's and older skin that settled down and was not prone to breakouts. It also worked best on sensitive skin that wasn't oily. And, the two acne prone, 17 and 18 y/o girls who tried it with us only had breakouts with it when they didn't take their makeup off at the end of the day. We concluded that this primer really does hold your makeup well, so we wondered if not washing it off at night clogged pores...

The 6 of us (ages: 17, 18, 26, 26, 30, 36) would all buy it again, and all use it on a regular basis now!

Great bottle, and the smells goes away after a moment or so.

on 10/3/2013 12:33:00 PM

The packaging was good as you could see the product and it looked as if the the primer colors would be good to use with my complextion and make-up.

This product was very runny and oily and did not adhear to my face at all. It dissapeared as soon as I tried to apply it.

on 10/2/2013 1:48:00 PM

My skin is very uneven so wanting a primer to even out my skin tone and keep my makeup lasting all day was what I was looking for. This primer did not do that at all, it was to thin and liquidy and very streaky. To top it all off this made my cystic acne even worse! Will NEVER buy this again! If you suffer from cystic acne or acne of any kind I would personally not recommend this product.

on 8/30/2013 6:02:00 PM

Hmm, this is the second day I've worn this and both days I noticed a bad smell when I put it on. It lingered throughout the morning and was bad enough to be unacceptable. No primer should smell as this one did, so I'm not sure if I had a bad batch or old stuff or what. Performance wise, I do feel that this lasted well throughout the day. I paired it with Almay Smart Shade foundation Almay TLC and found it performed well with both. I'm just not sure what is up w/the smell issue....

This was a bit of disappointment in my opinion, it does not correct like it claims. It feels quite oily when first applied, and has a strange odour. I will definitely not be buying this again.

Popular Primer/ Correctors