July 23, 2014 | 1845 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Almay - Smart Shade Perfect & Correct Primer

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by brianna1quirt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was a bit of disappointment in my opinion, it does not correct like it claims. It feels quite oily when first applied, and has a strange odour. I will definitely not be buying this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by LustAngel

If your looking for a primer that keeps your makeup looking perfect all day... this is not it. It does not correct skin tones like it claims. My makeup was streaky and did not last throughout the day. This primer did not fill in my pores or anything. The only thing this could possibly do for anyone is if you wanted to make your makeup a little more sheer this would work but otherwise it's a complete waste of money. The texture was thin and very liquidly most likely because the first ingredient was water. I would not recommend this to anyone. The only thing I happened to like about this product was the packaging because it pushes all the product up every time you use it, which is good because you won't waste any of it but overall I was unsatisfied.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2013 8:19:00 AM More reviews by peacock90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

NOT WORTH IT! I have really red skin and this was my first attempt at a fixing primer and it did absolutely nothing. Keeps my makeup on fine and makes a barrier for it and my skin, sure, but it doesn't hide redness even slightly. It also made me break out like everyone else is saying, not horribly but I've never had pimples in my lifetime and now I have a few spots :| It smells absolutely DISGUSTING. It smells like medicine or rubber, it's hardly bearable. the packaging is pretty but this is about all it has going for it. Do your research before buying primer! Learned my lesson but I'll finish it anyway :/

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by HarleyVerweyst

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I felt like this was basically a moisturizer. The packaging is great and I love the pump top. But I didn't notice a difference while using it. My skin didn't look any different after applying and my makeup needed to be touched up after a few hours. There was absolutely no difference from if I just didn't use a primer at all. I wouldn't recommend it because it's not on the cheaper side of drugstore primers.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Annabellapop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Cons:
-terrible smell
-terrible texture
-does not dry
-makes skin look oily and wet
-makeup does not say
Pros:
-good packaging

broke me out. worse breakout EVER!
the smell is horrible, it smells like boogers and plastic.

i will not buy this product again

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by 1alexa

This product is a joke. What a gimmick and I fell for it. Luckily I could return it. The packaging looks cools and I like the pump and that was it. It made my face have a green cast even blended in well!!! The way it goes on your skin it was like slime. It never dried and stayed tacky and did nothing to prime my skin. Fail for Almay.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by nikku506

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have no problem with this product NOW, now you might ask what I mean by "now" ? I will explain, the first time I used this product i broke me out bad with my foundation and with that I put it away, well I called Almay to tell them what happen and they said it shouldn't break me out and they told me to put some on my inner upper arm to see if there was any problems and I saw none. So I thought it was safe to put on my face and it was!!! I work, no breakouts no allergic reaction. So I thought to myself was it my foundation or the primer and then it hit me "IT'S MY FOUNDATION" sure enough it was but thankful I had replace that foundation with l"oreal bb cream. The only flaw is it doesn't hide the redness unless you leave green (don't rub it in tho) on the red area but other than that nothing else, it makes my makeup more vibrant and last longer

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2013 5:11:00 AM More reviews by AJ1415

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Awful. I should have researched this before I bought it. It made me break out so bad and it does absolutley nothing. Do not buy!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by andraealynne

For a higher-priced drugstore primer this is just... Not worth it. No discernible color correction, doesn't dry matte, makes all face products look cakey.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by pk23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I loved the eye catching colours within the primer and curious to see how the colours could help cover redness.
I did not see a real difference in my skin using this primer and actually felt it created more lines on my forehead then it actually smoothed which is a major problem to me.
As far as long wearing, I didnt see any improvements. I used this for about 2 weeks before moving onto another one.
I wouldn't consider repurchasing this.