July 29, 2014 | 1980 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Revlon - PhotoReady Color Correcting Primer (color 002)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by afranklin23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product today at a Kroger store. It was on sale for around $9, so I thought I'd try it out since I have some unevenness of color on my face. If feels super smooth and silky going on. It almost made me freak at first because I thought it was too greasy/oily, however within about a minute it dried and my face was non greasy and super soft. As for the color correcting that it's supposed to do, I didn't see it. I made sure i focused more on my problem areas but I didn't see any changes in the redness on my cheeks. It does give a nice evenness to apply foundation though. The packaging is great. Im always a fan of pumps. If not on sale, this is pretty pricey for a drugstore brand, also for not even reallly being a color correction primer. Unless I start seeing better results, I won't be buying it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by ixistargirl89ixi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Ladies, if you have a very sensitive skin with combination skin, I would not, NOT recommend this. When I first brought this, I was very excited since it was my first face primer. I do have some redness and dry skin on my cheeks so I wanted to use this. When I first put this on, I just wore it alone, and it did help to reduce my redness. However, like 5 minutes into it after I put it on, there was a weird reaction to my skin. My skin was peeling and it was very white, like shavings. I thought it was weird so I washed my face and it was fine. So the next day, after I washed my face, I put it on again, sans makeup. It did the same thing again! So I had to wash my face again and I didn't put it on. I am so so disappointed in this and I wish I had read the reviews before I brought this, wasting my hard earned money. So ladies, if I were you, I wouldn't buy this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by stormiangel20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Right now this is my HG primer. I don't use anything else and I don't really want to. I can tell you that it has a complete different feel to it then other primers but it does have a kind of weird smell but that dissipates quickly, and it does color correct to a certain extent don't expect it to make the redness or whatever to completely dissappear bu tI noticed right away how my acne toned down a little bit. And the packaging is great I love the pump but the cap doesn't stay on in my travel bag but I'll deal. I don't think it really had much oil control but I love it too much to give up on it just because it doesn't give me as much anti-shine power.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2012 2:48:00 AM More reviews by Mayrod21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have seborrheic dermatitis. My face can get pretty red and extremely oily, and I also have very large pores. My face is also prone to flaking. So basically everything that can go wrong with your face, has gone wrong with my face. However, I do recommend this product because after I put it on I did notice a very positive difference immediately. I think a lot of people who rate it negatively may have had expectations that were too high. Nothing will completely get rid of pores unless it's a several month skin regime, and in terms of making redness disappear, I have natural rosey skin. It's true this product didn't do much for the redness, but it did even out my skin tone. Plus you get bang for your buck. It has a lot of product and you can get it in a drugstore. Did not over dry my skin. If I noticed flakiness, it was probably do to my seborrheic dermatitis because if I treated that then put on this product, I

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 12:43:00 PM More reviews by appletea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

What a shame. I've been cutting back severely on the amount of money I spend on products and decided to try this primer instead of shelling out more money on a different one. I read a lot of reviews for this because my skin IS silicone sensitive and one or two blogs mentioned that it did not aggravate their skin. At first, it didn't break me out either so I was pretty satisfied. But after a few weeks, my pores were clogged with whiteheads and I developed a cluster of deep cystic spots close to my mouth. I immediately discontinued use and my face is clearing up slowly, though I of course look like crap now. I'm disappointed, especially as my old primer (Merle Norman) has also been reformulated to contain silicones. I haven't decided whether or not I want to try Korres which is pricey, or just go without. Sigh.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by uraznbabygurl

I hope that you are all aware that this primer DOES contain silicone, even though it does not feel as gel-like than most silicone-based primers do. Unfortunately, I am very sensitive to silicones and I broke out every time I used this primer. It was a pretty good primer otherwise. It did minimize redness around my cheeks and nose & filled in my large pores for a smoother finish overall. Clearly, it's not the primer for me, but it may be for others.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by silldr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It seems pretty good. Does help makeup go on smoother and last longer. Mild color correcting effect- nothing really noticeable in my opinion, I still needed corrector concealer. It is a little pricey considering it's the same size as Rimmel fix & perfect for twice the price. It's good but not my HG.
UPDATE: Tried Palladio's face primer and it makes this stuff look like junk! The Palladio wouldn't be good for oily skin, but it beats this stuff hands down!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2012 6:30:00 AM More reviews by Believeinmagikx3

I was browsing target one random day to look for a primer and came across this one. I looked up some reviews and decided to try it out. A bit on the pricey side for a drug store brand but definitely worth it. It came in a cute pump bottle. Very hygenic and easy to carry around. A little bit goes a long way. It feels like velvet on your skin amd dries almost instantly! I fell in love with it after noticing that it not only made my makeup last longer but it also gives it a nice flawless finish! So why 4 stars instead of 5? The smell. I always hold my breath when applying it. I can't describe what it smells like but its a bit unplesant. And i didnt notice any color correction. My skin gets red some mornings after i wash my face and this doesnt really help it. I probably could of gotten away with the other primer (001). Overall i reccomend this primer but this is the first primer i've tried so i cant really compare it to anything. It showed me that primers make a difference with your make up!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by CrimsonCountess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this primer and the 001 as there was a buy one get one 50% off. I have been using for about a month now. No breakouts, which is good. I have worn them alone. It does smooth the skin a bit. (Thankfully I decent skin so not sure what it would do for someone with real, regular skin issues). I have used with foundation also. It does mattify the skin somewhat but I do not believe it extends the lasting power of my foundation at all. I love Revlon's pump and glass bottle to dispense out the product to limit waste. Sometimes the product cakes in the pump and when you press the pump - products squirt out.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2012 12:20:00 PM More reviews by laawhitegirl

EDIT: don't like this primer. After a few days it kind of just didn't work as a primer and I didnt like when you put it on and your skin feels oily. Now it's just taking up space in my makeup bag.. hoping to pass it on to someone since so many people seem to like it

I just purchased this about a week ago at target it was about $13 which is pretty good considering the great reviews and pricing of higher end primers. I always use rimmel london prime and fix which is great and i love it a lot.

However, I like to try new things and this primer is pretty good. I'm not sure if it is better yet because they are two different things. I think that this primer glides on more clear and I have noticed that it is more difficult to put my foundation on just because my skin feels like it is dry but it's not that big of a deal.

So far I have noticed that my face was less oilier during the day.
I believe that I will repurchase. I will update if I have any negative comments.