December 19, 2014 | 1542 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Revlon - PhotoReady Color Correcting Primer (color 002)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by jenn8779

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am on the hunt for a less expensive version of my "Holy Grail" of primers (Benefit's That Gal) and decided to try this one. All in all, its pretty good. My skin is very fair, sensitive and combination and I can get really oily in the T-zone. I also have some redness which we fair folk tend to get too. This product very quickly mattified my skin without feeling greasy or too dry (other primers have done these 2 things to my skin). For those who are looking for a colorcorrecting primer to completely change the look of their skin, they are looking for something no bottle is going to accomplish. It does even the skin but its a primer, not a foundation, so its not going to "hide" everything. My makeup went on smoother and stayed on longer with much less mid-day fade. My skin wasn't as oily as it normally is either. The one thing, for me, that disappointed is that I didn't get that "glow" that I love from the Benefit primer. This is good and I would buy it again and also recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2012 5:42:00 AM More reviews by littlecutefishy

i like this primer a lot, i have a oily t zone and aplying this will instantly mattify the area and make my make up last a lot longer. its in pump form so very hygeinic and easy to apply. only downside it the horrible plasticky smell or else this would be 5 stars :(

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by arnoldc5

I love this primer! I read reviews and was scared to try it but I did it anyways!

It doesn't smell beautiful but I promise, if you have combination skin that tends to be oily, this makes such a HUGE difference in the longevity of your make up. It's not cheap but it's still less than Smashbox, Urban Decay, and other high end primers.

If you are looking for something that mattes your complexion, helps your makeup wear longer and prettier, try this product!

Love the pump. Easy to apply and control the amount you use.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by junex126

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have found my new primer that is affordable for $10 for 1 oz from Target. It is used for uneven skin and color corrects your skin tone. I purchased this as a base primer before applying foundation since I am using the Boscia Skin Perfecting primer oil free. I was impressed the Revlon primer minimized my pores 75%. It did not claim to do so but works as well the Benefit Porefessional that I used for $28. I used this primer all over and still use the Benefit porefessional to minimize my pores more. It worst well this way. No need to purchase the name brand primers when I can use this drug store one. Plus side is it does not break me out and also mattifies my skin. Great product.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by afranklin23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product today at a Kroger store. It was on sale for around $9, so I thought I'd try it out since I have some unevenness of color on my face. If feels super smooth and silky going on. It almost made me freak at first because I thought it was too greasy/oily, however within about a minute it dried and my face was non greasy and super soft. As for the color correcting that it's supposed to do, I didn't see it. I made sure i focused more on my problem areas but I didn't see any changes in the redness on my cheeks. It does give a nice evenness to apply foundation though. The packaging is great. Im always a fan of pumps. If not on sale, this is pretty pricey for a drugstore brand, also for not even reallly being a color correction primer. Unless I start seeing better results, I won't be buying it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by ixistargirl89ixi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Ladies, if you have a very sensitive skin with combination skin, I would not, NOT recommend this. When I first brought this, I was very excited since it was my first face primer. I do have some redness and dry skin on my cheeks so I wanted to use this. When I first put this on, I just wore it alone, and it did help to reduce my redness. However, like 5 minutes into it after I put it on, there was a weird reaction to my skin. My skin was peeling and it was very white, like shavings. I thought it was weird so I washed my face and it was fine. So the next day, after I washed my face, I put it on again, sans makeup. It did the same thing again! So I had to wash my face again and I didn't put it on. I am so so disappointed in this and I wish I had read the reviews before I brought this, wasting my hard earned money. So ladies, if I were you, I wouldn't buy this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by stormiangel20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Right now this is my HG primer. I don't use anything else and I don't really want to. I can tell you that it has a complete different feel to it then other primers but it does have a kind of weird smell but that dissipates quickly, and it does color correct to a certain extent don't expect it to make the redness or whatever to completely dissappear bu tI noticed right away how my acne toned down a little bit. And the packaging is great I love the pump but the cap doesn't stay on in my travel bag but I'll deal. I don't think it really had much oil control but I love it too much to give up on it just because it doesn't give me as much anti-shine power.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2012 2:48:00 AM More reviews by Mayrod21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have seborrheic dermatitis. My face can get pretty red and extremely oily, and I also have very large pores. My face is also prone to flaking. So basically everything that can go wrong with your face, has gone wrong with my face. However, I do recommend this product because after I put it on I did notice a very positive difference immediately. I think a lot of people who rate it negatively may have had expectations that were too high. Nothing will completely get rid of pores unless it's a several month skin regime, and in terms of making redness disappear, I have natural rosey skin. It's true this product didn't do much for the redness, but it did even out my skin tone. Plus you get bang for your buck. It has a lot of product and you can get it in a drugstore. Did not over dry my skin. If I noticed flakiness, it was probably do to my seborrheic dermatitis because if I treated that then put on this product, I

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 12:43:00 PM More reviews by appletea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

What a shame. I've been cutting back severely on the amount of money I spend on products and decided to try this primer instead of shelling out more money on a different one. I read a lot of reviews for this because my skin IS silicone sensitive and one or two blogs mentioned that it did not aggravate their skin. At first, it didn't break me out either so I was pretty satisfied. But after a few weeks, my pores were clogged with whiteheads and I developed a cluster of deep cystic spots close to my mouth. I immediately discontinued use and my face is clearing up slowly, though I of course look like crap now. I'm disappointed, especially as my old primer (Merle Norman) has also been reformulated to contain silicones. I haven't decided whether or not I want to try Korres which is pricey, or just go without. Sigh.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by uraznbabygurl

I hope that you are all aware that this primer DOES contain silicone, even though it does not feel as gel-like than most silicone-based primers do. Unfortunately, I am very sensitive to silicones and I broke out every time I used this primer. It was a pretty good primer otherwise. It did minimize redness around my cheeks and nose & filled in my large pores for a smoother finish overall. Clearly, it's not the primer for me, but it may be for others.