November 26, 2014 | 880 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Revlon - PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (color 001)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by polmaysaund

This made my foundation look so bad, I couldn't blend anything on top of this it made it so difficult. I persevered with it and found the bottle lasts for about a month which is bad considering the price. I also find it has a weird smell... Wouldn't recommend

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2014 11:56:00 PM More reviews by hannahlarson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you have dry, sensitive skin, then this is NOT the primer for you. It's very mattifying so it's definitely not for the "glowing" look. And by the 3rd day, it had broke my skin out terribly. You may could use this with oily skin, but stay away if you have dry skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Afeezy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I thought this primer worked pretty good BUT it started to break me out after a weeks use. I've never had a face product break me out before. Also kind of expensive for drugstore.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by Leahdearr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is the best primer that I've found so far. For me, this is probably as good as it gets. Keeps my face matte with the help of a few other products... And keeps my foundation in place. I don't think it works as good as something else but until I find that something else, this is it for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2014 4:52:00 AM More reviews by aleehsirk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

When I applied it on my forehead, cheeks, and chin, it blended "just okay" in my skin, it minimized my pores, but when I put it on my nose, the product just won't stay! IT WAS STREAKING ON MY NOSE even when I put just a little bit of amount (not too much so it won't "cake") on it.

The worst part is that, when I put on my BB cream, it was streaking all over my face. Instead of my face appearing like a smooth canvass with foundation appearing smooth and all that, it did not. I was so disappointed, I only got to use it 2-3x. Now, I go on about my day just using a BB cream, concealer and powder and they looked better without this primer!

I definitely won't recommend this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Arrosynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

So I just started using this product like a week and a half ago. So far I have noticed that it helps to keep my makeup matte most of the day, until late evening, when I usually wash my face anyway. My skin tends to get fair shiny on my chin and my nose throughout the day and this really helps to prevent that. The price is fairly reasonable considering it is a drugstore product, and I really love the texture of it. It spreads easily on my skin and isn't sticky or anything like that. It gives a very smooth finish, and my makeup applies over it easily. I can tell you right now that I know the packaging is going to be a problem once I start to run out, but that's alright.

All in all I actually really like this product, since I have pale skin it doesn't wash me out or anything like that, and my skin hasn't reacted to it in any negative manner which is also excellent! Will probably repurchase.

UPDATE!!!
After using this product till it is almost finished, i've decided that i'm actually going to try something different. I've read a lot of reviews on the Rimmel Stay Matte primer and really want to try it. The pump with this thing is so annoying when the jar is almost empty, you end up having to throw away the last quarter of the bottle. I've also noticed that it doesn't keep me quite as matte as it did in the beginning and also, it doesn't hold my full coverage powder foundation on as well as it should. Sorry Revlon! You almost had me..

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2014 3:01:00 AM More reviews by sunblockobsession

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I disliked this product but it really wasn't the primer's fault. I have rosacea, and for whatever reason, this irritated my skin and broke me out in bumps across the center of my face. Pity, as it has a nice texture, smoothed my skin, and helped my foundation last all day.

Our relationship was not to be, but others with less sensitive skin should give it a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 12:08:00 PM More reviews by katherinology

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently purchased this primer (some 3 weeks ago), as replacement of my favorite NYX HD primer (it was sold out locally). I thought it wouldn't be as decent as my favorite, but apparently I was wrong.
I purchased the shade 001 (Perfecting), with 10% discount at local store. It's not as expensive as Photoready foundations even without the discount (it's some USD 12, while the foundations might be as high as USD 15). I love Revlon's consistency with Photoready line : the pump at the top of the bottle. It really helps reckless people like me! However, the remnant of the primer which is left at the pump tends to dry out after few hours and may clog the pump. I managed to remove the remnants with water and tissue, though.
When it comes to the product inside the package, I like its lightness and smell (kinda smell like some weird chemical, but I like it anyway). It doesn't dry too quickly on my skin, giving me enough time to blend everything. It also makes my pores look less prominent. This primer also works well with BB creams (I tried to use it with Garnier's and The Body Shop's BB creams), making the cream last 1-2 hours longer than usual. Worn alone, this primer would last for about 5-6 hours (longest wear-time I tried so far hehehe) in normal condition, might be shorter during rainy season because this product isn't waterproof. The primer also minimizes shine mainly in the T-zones.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by lola444

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't really know how to describe my feelings about this product. it goes on my skin really smooth but kinda block my pores from breathing (it this a proper way to describe this? idk) but not really break me though. It can't go well with my foundation (both cream one and liquid one) and not a really good smell. But overall not that bad.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by graceybaby8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff was awful. It smelled terrible... Like paste! Anyways it was too thick for my combo/dry/ sensitive skin... It clings on to dry patches. But because of the awful scent I had to stop using it.