July 25, 2014 | 1970 users online

BB Cream - Smashbox - Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2014 10:53:00 PM More reviews by EmilyVO86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I have pale, sensitive skin prone to breakouts if I use the wrong products...so far this BB cream has yet to disappoint! I've been using it for several months. It offers light to medium coverage - freckles and spots may still show through unless additional BB cream or foundation/concealer is added. It does not look cakey or dry and does not accentuate fine lines. Easy to wash off each night. I use daily through all seasons, and despite the high price ($55+), the tube lasts a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Lhegge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I ordered the Smashbox "Try Me" set with this BB Cream, the Halo powder and Primer. I was very impressed at how easily this blended, it made my skin look very even and smooth. Used along with the Halo powder my skin looked flawless all day and it didn't stick to my dry patches. There was more coverage than a tinted moisturizer, I would say a good buildable to medium coverage and then to med-full when used with the Halo powder. I will very likely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Paintedlily62

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received a sample sachet with either a Sephora or ULTA order, so I cannot speak to the long term benefits of using this product.

Although the sample I received came in light (3rd from lightest-fair), which was a bit dark for me, It still blended out fairly well and was still workable. I put this on at around 7:30am and started to notice some wear through and sheen at around 12pm. The wear through was minimal in some areas and moderate in others. Minimal wear in laugh lines (barely noticeable) and peek-through on the nose (my allergies are ramping up so that's to be expected). Moderate wear in patchiness on my cheeks...lots of little dry patches. I've noticed a similar look with certain sunblocks. As if they have dried out the more sensitive areas of my skin. Sheen was minimal, concentrated mostly near the creases of my nose.This actually wears more decently than most. I wouldn't purchase right now, but if I'm not able to find anything better (or if my skin gets better) then I would consider this.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by babysinclair24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had been using Garnier's BB cream for over a year when I bought this at Ulta last summer. I had been looking to up the ante on my BB cream for awhile and bought this based on a recommendation as well as the high SPF.

At $39, this is an expensive product but I usually find that it's worth it to get the good stuff when it comes to face makeup. The packaging is fine, it works, but its nothing to write home about.

I found this BB cream to be difficult to spread. It did work well in camouflaging imperfections. I wore this to both a music festival as well as an 8 hour long outdoor wedding in the dead of summer and it stayed on. I also didn't have the issues with greasiness that I had with the Garnier one.

I did have to return this product. I tried it on in the store, but with the store's lighting I did not realize that it was not the right color for my skin tone. Not in terms of light or dark, but in the actual tone. It did not blend well with my coloring. I have neutral-to-warm olive skin and this looked reddish on me.

I am giving it a 3. The reason I returned it had nothing to do with the performance - it just wasn't a good color match for me. It did have good coverage but I was not impressed enough to off set the high price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 11:26:00 AM More reviews by parisianwalkways

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

very hydrating, lovely natural coverage, easy application.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Arabendurance

I'm absolutely loving this. I purchased in a light/medium. What I love about it is, it doesn't look like a stripe. It sort of blends from blush , to the concealer , to my eye liner and inner eye brightner. I'm such a TOUCHE eclate fan.... I may finally have found something I like better.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by cheerislife

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this BB cream everyday and i love it! I personally don't need a lot of coverage, and I would say this BB cream provides light to medium coverage. I love that it has an adequate amount of protection from the sun, because its important to protect your skin from the sun. It doesn't have any particularly strong smell, and it's very creamy and blendable. I use it every day to just even out my skintone, and it's my go-to face product. It lasts through my whole day, which is pretty impressive because i am a cheerleader and I tumble and stunt, etc. and it still stays on strong. I would definitely recommend this product, and i think it's worth the high price tag because of how well it works and the amount in each tube.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by ladyc74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The finish is good and it controlled the oil in my skin well. But I find the coverage surprisingly heavy for a BB cream - it's thicker, for example, than LM Tinted Moisturiser. For me a BB cream should be light and natural, and this is much more foundation-like. For that reason I wouldn't buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2014 8:24:00 PM More reviews by nostradamus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a long-time user of Smashbox's tinted moisturizer, which is admittedly more sheer, but I still like my facial makeup to be more or less of a natural finish. The more seamless evening out of skin-tone I get with tinted moisturizer is lacking in this BB cream. It feels and looks thick and sometimes cakey if you're not properly exfoliated and moisturized. As it's now winter, my skin suffers from the dryness of indoor heating and from the harsh winds outside (regardless of exfoliation and liberal amounts of moisturizer), so I avoid using this product because it just clings to dry spots or flakey areas. Even in the summer, this BB cream feels heavy and as someone whose skin errs on the oilier side, I've found that it exacerbates any natural sheen so that instead of a healthy glow, you get a small oil-slick around your T-zone as the day progresses.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2014 2:11:00 AM More reviews by bphearts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a kit that contained travel size versions of this product in the shade Fair, along with the Photo Finish Primer and Halo Powder. I've been using this BB Cream for a little over a month now and I have to say that I really like it! This is the first western BB Cream I've tried that is comparable to Asian BB Creams!

Claims: Wear alone or as a primer, evens out for flawless skin, improves skin moisture by hydrating, minimizes shine without looking chalky

Pros: Good color match for my pale pale skin
Small amount is needed so it feels light
Skin looks very natural and flawless
Lasts all day
Contains SPF
Controls oil fairly well

Cons: Very expensive
Have to use a primer underneath to help make it more blendable
Does not do a very good job at hydrating

So does it live up to its claims? Other than claiming to improve skin hydration, yes it does. It is a very lightweight product but can easily feel heavy if you put too much powder on. My skin looks very evened out and naturally flawless when I wear this BB Cream. I would recommend that you only powder where necessary and with a light hand. Not a very good product if you have very dry skin and are looking for hydration so be aware!