L'Oreal Infallible (US shades)

4.4

on 4/12/2012 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Ok so I was excited to try this eyeshadow with me being a licensed Aesthetician and considering that I'm a make up fanatic! I like how it went on easily and smooth, but after a few hours it started to crease. It didnt last no where near 24 hours like it claim. Maybe it's not for people with oily skin?

on 4/9/2012 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

The texture of these shadows are interesting, but nothing spectacular. I like the packaging of these because they don't take up too much room. I don't have much to say on these yet, but i will update this later.

on 3/31/2012 9:50:00 PM

Sad to say I am not as in love with this product as the other reviewed seem to be. I got the bronze and the sage shades. They were both shiny in the tub, shiny going on and shiny shiny shiny all day. Did I mention shiny?? I am at 48 too old for this much shimmer, but I probably would have loved it 20 years ago. I agree with the others that is high quality for a drugstore shadow but it's too intense and (shiny!) for daytime for me, and it does not work well in a light application. I did so want to like this as much as the Maybelline eye tattoo shadow (which I love).

on 3/30/2012 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I AM IN LOVE WITH THESE EYESHADOWS. Flat out, all the way. Witness the fact that I have purchased almost every single color, except for the blues and grays. Ladies, this is the *only* metallic/frost eyeshadow I have ever used that didn't just enhance all the wrinkles around my eyes and make me look ancient. I don't know how it works, but it does. And staying power? Oh my god. I literally went snorkeling 2 miles off the coast of the Florida Keys last week with my daughters. All three of us were wearing these eyeshadows when we went in, and two hours later when we came out, all three of us were STILL wearing these eyeshadows. Win, win, win, win, win. My only quibble is the little plastic "cement level" - like device that holds the powders down is not quite the same size as the pot itself, so when you're toting this around in a bag while traveling it can shake out around the presser thingie and make a mess. Other than that, I am totally crazy about these eyeshadows. Make more colors, please!!!

on 3/16/2012 3:58:00 PM

I purchased 6 of the 12 colors that are currently available in the States. I love each of them. They do last very well, even without primer. The consistency is between a loose-like, heavily concentrated pigment and mousse...a bit difficult to describe, but I used it with a typical slender eyeshadow brush and it worked out well. The packaging is expensive-looking and sturdy; I dropped them on my hardwood floors because I was so excited to have them in my possession, and luckily, I found no cracks on the jar and the product was pristine. I can't believe a drugstore company is selling such high-quality eyeshadows - ones that I typically associate with Urban Decay, MAC, and Stila. I read elsewhere that L'oreal has introduced several matte shades in Canada. I do hope L'oreal decides to distribute more of their matte shades here, too, because these shadows are truly wonderful.

on 3/16/2012 9:15:00 AM

I bought my first Infallible shadow right when they came to my area. I am a sucker for anything new - especially in a nice display. "Endless Pearl" was the color I chose as it was not as shimmery as some of the others. I wear shimmery occasionally but now that I am *cough, cough** 42 I prefer matte shadows.
It was love at first sight. I found myself working overtime in order to buy more. Sage is the only one I do not have.
I have always had an issue when it comes to staying power no matter what type of cosmetic - foundation, lipstick, shadow etc. But I found these last through my work day & into the early evening. Especially if I use a shade as an eyeliner (Eternal Black & Continuous Cocoa work beautifully). When I use it as a liner I must wet the brush first; I found out the hard way my gas perm contacts do not appreciate me using these as a dry liner.
The colors can be applied sheer or layered for more pigment.
As for the colors, I hope L'Oreal adds more color choices with even more Matte selections.

This are beautiful shadows. However, they bother my eyes greatly when I wear them while wearing my contact lenses.

on 3/11/2012 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this in Perpetual Purple thinking it would be the bright, highly pigmented violet purple I saw in the advertisement in magazines but when I got this home, I was disappointed. It's more of a blue-gray with a HINT of purple and very hard to blend. I suppose I can still use this as a crease shade but my original intent was as an all-over lid color by itself so I have to say I wouldn't recommend this eyeshadow.

on 3/3/2012 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought this in Amber Rush. The color is beautiful. It reminds me of a pinker version of Urban Decay's Half-baked. I paid about $4 for the eyeshadow. The consistency reminds me of Make Up For Ever's Aqua Cream. This become a bit more powdery than Aqua Cream. I applied this without primer to see how it would wear on its own. The fewer products I can use before going to work, the better. So far, this seemed to wear very well without creasing. As long as this doesn't dry out to quickly, this seems like a really great product.

on 3/2/2012 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am absolutely in love with these shadows. I have Amber Rush (fave), Iced Latte, and Infinite Sky. They are pigmenty-creamy-gelly...weird!! Unlike any other texture I've encountered in an eyeshadow. The shimmer they have reminds me of the dust on a butterfly's wing. It's gorgeous!! The color payoff is fantastic; they wear all day long. I have greasy oily eyelids, and this stuff stays put all day with or without primer. The only thing I dislike about this product is the packaging. It's pretty awkward and slightly messy dealing with the miniature garbage can lid thingy, but I guess since he keeps the surface of the product smooth and fresh, maybe he isn't so bad after all.