July 25, 2014 | 1908 users online

Eye Shadow - L'Oreal - Infallible (US shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 9:15:00 AM More reviews by lovelane

I bought my first Infallible shadow right when they came to my area. I am a sucker for anything new - especially in a nice display. "Endless Pearl" was the color I chose as it was not as shimmery as some of the others. I wear shimmery occasionally but now that I am *cough, cough** 42 I prefer matte shadows.
It was love at first sight. I found myself working overtime in order to buy more. Sage is the only one I do not have.
I have always had an issue when it comes to staying power no matter what type of cosmetic - foundation, lipstick, shadow etc. But I found these last through my work day & into the early evening. Especially if I use a shade as an eyeliner (Eternal Black & Continuous Cocoa work beautifully). When I use it as a liner I must wet the brush first; I found out the hard way my gas perm contacts do not appreciate me using these as a dry liner.
The colors can be applied sheer or layered for more pigment.
As for the colors, I hope L'Oreal adds more color choices with even more Matte selections.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2012 1:51:00 PM More reviews by ladybrett1974

This are beautiful shadows. However, they bother my eyes greatly when I wear them while wearing my contact lenses.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by BluePlanet36

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this in Perpetual Purple thinking it would be the bright, highly pigmented violet purple I saw in the advertisement in magazines but when I got this home, I was disappointed. It's more of a blue-gray with a HINT of purple and very hard to blend. I suppose I can still use this as a crease shade but my original intent was as an all-over lid color by itself so I have to say I wouldn't recommend this eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I bought this in Amber Rush. The color is beautiful. It reminds me of a pinker version of Urban Decay's Half-baked. I paid about $4 for the eyeshadow. The consistency reminds me of Make Up For Ever's Aqua Cream. This become a bit more powdery than Aqua Cream. I applied this without primer to see how it would wear on its own. The fewer products I can use before going to work, the better. So far, this seemed to wear very well without creasing. As long as this doesn't dry out to quickly, this seems like a really great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by emorris6980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am absolutely in love with these shadows. I have Amber Rush (fave), Iced Latte, and Infinite Sky. They are pigmenty-creamy-gelly...weird!! Unlike any other texture I've encountered in an eyeshadow. The shimmer they have reminds me of the dust on a butterfly's wing. It's gorgeous!! The color payoff is fantastic; they wear all day long. I have greasy oily eyelids, and this stuff stays put all day with or without primer. The only thing I dislike about this product is the packaging. It's pretty awkward and slightly messy dealing with the miniature garbage can lid thingy, but I guess since he keeps the surface of the product smooth and fresh, maybe he isn't so bad after all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2012 10:16:00 AM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm a makeup junkie who tends to stick to high end cosmetics. I also have more eyeshadows than I can ever use in my natural lifetime. But, I got sucked in by these, and I'm glad I did. Price is a touch high for drugstore - around $7-$10/each depending on store, but the quality backs it up. I bought Endless Pearl and Bronzed Taupe. Endless Pearl is a really pretty pale champagne with a hint of shimmer, good for a browbone highlight or an all-over wash. Bronzed Taupe is a soft medium brown with gold shimmer. I use it over MAC Painterly paint pot, and it lasts all day with no creasing. The shadow itself is not a cream, but also not a chalky powder - more like a silky pressed pigment. It applies smooth & silky and can be blended nicely. The pigmentation is awesome. I used Endless Pearl all over and Bronzed Taupe on my lid & crease, and blended it out for a nice daytime look. I notice several reviewers saying this cannot be applied with a brush, but that's exactly how I applied it. I used my MAC 217 and had no problems at all, my brush picked it up & it applied like a dream. If your brush won't pick this product up, you need to try another brush - you need something of decent quality, with fairly dense bristles. You can also apply this with your finger or possibly a sponge applicator. I had no fallout whatsoever when I use these. My only complaint (why I'm taking off 2 lippies) is that the staying power wasn't good for me - I had lots of creasing after a few hours, no matter how I applied, and if I used with primer or without.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 2:32:00 PM More reviews by mehays

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This review is for the Sage color. I bought it after liking the pearl and sunshine colors. I always stick with neutrals and avoid shimmer. However this green works fabulous for me. It blends well and looks great with my coloring. I use all 3 of these with my favorite MAC shadows. I gave away the bronze color because it was too dark and had too much fallout

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2012 11:34:00 AM More reviews by dbmiller

I have all but two of these and I love them and plan on getting the last two. These are fantastic on their own and even better when paired with the Maybelline Color Tattoos. Finally some really long-wearing shadows from the drugstore. These have a unique texture, that's almost cream to powder. They all come with a cover underneath the lid, I'm guessing to prevent them from drying out. It takes little effort to get great color payoff with these. So far, my favorite shades are Iced Latte, Bronzed Taupe and Eternal Black.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2012 1:33:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

I have 4, like them a lot. I dont see the need to own many other eye shadows since buying these. I am a neutral girl and bought neutral shades in which I can create many variations. I got these because no pint in applying makeup that fades in minutes and many primers make me look like I have crepey lids when I don't, just dry skin. I love the look of these and texture, but there can be fallout so tap off excess before application. I plan on buying 3 more of these and honestly would rather have them than either naked palette from UD

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2012 6:42:00 PM More reviews by supeya

The innovative texture of the product intrigued, which is why I tried this eyeshadow. I got it in iced latte and perpetual purple. This product claims to be 24 hrs, which I don't think it is. It barely passes the whole day. Throughout the day the color faded a bit and creased on me. However with a primer it last all day, but then all eyeshadows last all day for me with a primer. I feel the best way to apply this eyeshadow is with my fingers. With the perpetual purple, I tried with dry brush and it didn't show up too much on my tan skin. I tried it with wet brush as well, which was better but didn't blend very well. I really want to go with the hype for this shadow, but I don't feel satisfied. The colors are gorgeous and I want to get them. But if I find other brands carrying these colors, I will probable give a miss to these. Another thing with these eyeshadows is that it kind of expensive for drugstore eyeshadow. I got mine for $9 and I am sure I can find it cheaper, but the cvs and riteaid around my area didn't have the colors I wanted so I had to pay more.