October 22, 2014 | 1398 users online

Blush - Maybelline - Bouncy Blush - Hot Tamale

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Karenm1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! its amazing it looks great on my skin it can be a pretty intimating color, but ones you apply it on it comes more like a natural pink color. i tried applying it with a brush but it did not really work its really smooth and soft and really blendable that makes it way easier applying it with you fingers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by oscarnabby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just picked this up today. This is my third purchase of the Dream Bouncy blushes, as I was quite intimidated by the color when I first saw it. Being that I am 44 years old, I thought this blush would give me that tacky, bright circle of blush on aging skin look, that can look so bad on older ladies. After reading the other reviews on this particular shade, as well as the experience that I've had with the other two colors I purchased, Peach Satin and Plum Wine, I've come to the conclusion that the Bouncy blushes are very versatile and buildable, so you could, in theory, get them to the color in the pan if you wanted, but you can also wear them as a very natural blush that truly looks as though it is part of your own skin. All three shades that I own have a beautiful satin finish, and they apply just as well after I've powdered my skin as they do before. I'm a bit obsessed with these right now. They are just what I need right now, with the dead of another Ohio winter setting in.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2012 3:15:00 AM More reviews by nubletta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hot Tamale is the most "intimidating" color of the bouncy blush series. It's a red-fuchsia-orange color with slight shimmer. When applied to the cheeks, it gives a very natural I've-been-in-the-snow kind of blush. This is great for days where you need an instant pick-me-up color on your cheeks.

The texture of this is very interesting. When you rub your fingers on it (gently, please!) it's a bit sponge-like. It's different from traditional cream blushes (such as blush cremes). When you apply it to your cheeks, the formula of it feels similar to the NYC cream stick blushes. It's very easy to blend it seamlessly. It's also buildable if you want a bolder flush. It does not feel sticky after applying. It feels as if you had just applied a powder blush, which I guess I'd call this a cream to powder finish; though technically I wouldn't qualify it as a cream. It's definitely a hybrid. I'd also like to add that it applies better with fingers than with a brush (I used a skunk brush).

I definitely recommend this color & this blush series from Maybelline. I haven't purchased anything from them in a very long time and I'm pleasantly surprised at the high quality products they have been releasing lately!

For those who wonder about the ingredients in the Bouncy Blushes, here is the list (in English & French):

Talc, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated c6-14 olefin polymers, diisostearyl malate, silica, paraffinium liquidium / mineral oil / huile minerale, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, hexyl laurate, butylene/ethylene/styrene copolymer, ethylene/propylene/styre copolymer, synthtic fluorphlogopite, phenoxyethanol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, alumina, tin oxide [+/- may contain/peut contenir: mica, ci 77891 / titanium dioxide, ci 77007 / ultramarines, ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499 / iron oxides, ci 15850 / red 7, ci 19140 / yellow 5 lake, ci 15850 / red 6, ci 45410 / red 28 lake, ci 77120 / barium sulfate, ci 73360 / red 30, ci 15850 / red 7 lake, ci 15985 / yellow 6 lake] F.I.L d48237/4

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No