Borghese Superiore State-Of-The-Art Mascara

3.7

on 9/9/2007 6:27:00 PM

This is a good mascara. It lengthens and thickens. The problem is that it takes a while to get those results since the brush is big and bushy. There also is a ton of excess mascara on the tip of the brush each time I take it out of the tube. I would say this mascara is worth a try even though there are others I like better.

This is a great mascara. It really makes my eyelashes look longer and darker than they are. I got it free w/my job, but it's pricey otherwise. Still, really enjoy this one, and the packaging is cute.

on 7/26/2007 2:28:00 PM

I also bought this at Costco and was pleased to find it at such a reasonable price. However, I found that it smudged really badly and applied with a lot of lumps. What I do now is to apply it with a Defenicils brush and then apply a second coat of an older Shiseido mascara. That seems to work. But it is very difficult to remove. I am going back to Shiseido mascara.

on 4/12/2007 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have extremely oily skin trying to get a mascara to stay on all day is a miracle. Iíve tried waterproof mascara made by Cover Girl, Maybelline, Almay, Revlon etc., hoping one mascara would last all day and would not rub off if I accidentally rub my eye. Nothing worked.

In November of 2004 a co-worker of mine had the most beautiful thick lashes. I asked her what mascara she was using she told it was Borghese Mascara and she said she got two tubes for $19.99 at Costco. So that night after I got off of work I went to Costco to get my own mascara.

The first thing I noticed about the Borghese Mascara it went on a little clumpy I waited until the mascara dried I used a lash comb to get the clumpy off then applied a second coat. Second thing I noticed the mascara stayed on all day and at the end of the day my eyes were not red like they were with other brands nor did my contacts irritate me.

The only thing I did not like the mascara clumps when putting it on (even the new formula) clumps and removing the mascara is hard. The product that I found that removes it the easiest is Borghese Gentle Make-up remover. (If anyone needs any other products by Borghese, Borghese has a gift set right now for Mothersí Day itís called Spa Therapy. In the gift set it has several full sizes of moisturizers and 4 oz of the Gentle Makeup Remover and 8.4 oz of their Gentle Foaming Gel for the Bath and Shower. The gift set comes in a nice straw purse)

on 11/13/2006 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I read the reviews; deemed this product worth a try; found it clumped, smudged and was very sticky; won't bother again; move on to something else :-( continued >>

on 11/11/2006 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Received this in a gift set. For the price to repurchase, it's nothing special. It clumped severely for me and was hard to take off, even with a high-quality remover. I wouldn't spend the money on it for myself.

on 7/23/2006 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I used to buy this at Costco (2 for $20) when it came in a silver and gold tube. It was my HG mascara. Now Borghese specifically formulates it for Costco (says Kirkland on the package) and the price is the same but it comes in a cheap plastic tube. That's not the worst of it though. they changed the formula to a goopy mess which leaves one w/clumpy Tammy Faye lashes. Yuck! such a shame. It was truly a superior mascara. Now I don't know where to find the original formula. If any one knows, please let me know.

on 7/15/2006 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

i love to wear this with maybelline illegal lengths, it gives me the perfect softness, volume, and (w/ illegal lengths) length - great daytime mascara. took a lippie off b/c i get oily in the t-zone & eyelids so this in combo w/ maybelline can give me racoon syndrome - but it's easily wiped away, touch up with a little powder and i'm good. will buy again (especially at costco) and recommend to all

on 5/22/2006 5:41:00 PM

Mascara is a tricky one for me. It seems like most mascaras I try make my lashes fall out or irritate my eyes. This one is an exception. I like the tube and the shape of the brush. One draw back is it tends to clump on the applicator.

on 2/25/2006 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

THIS IS THE BEST MASCARA I HAVE EVER USED. IT DOESN'T CLUMP AT ALL, LASTS ALL DAY, LENGTHENS AND THICKENS EYELASHES WITHOUT LOOKING FAKE. IT DOESN'T DRY OUT MY LASHES LIKE OTHER MASCARAS PLUS IT DOESN'T IRRITATE MY EYES. I CAN'T RECOMMEND THIS ENOUGH.

Top Rated Borghese Products