October 26, 2014 | 1241 users online

Blush - Maybelline - Dream Bouncy Blush (All Shades)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Z67

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I recently rediscovered this blush in a different shade becuase for Spring and Summer, I prefer cream/liquid blushes since they melt into my skin and don't accencuate dry flakes. I have two of these, in Hot Tamale and Fresh Pink, the latter my go to blush now. Great pigmentation and cushiony texture, but the packaging is on the small side and some drugstores have this selling for $8.99 which is expensive. Other than that, its fun to apply it and the color selection is wonderful.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by kaitsy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was a big fan of the original dream mousse blushes - I still have a couple kicking around in the "coffee cake" shade. They tended to have a bit of glitter or something that could make them harsh in certain light, but blended and paired with the right products and applied with the right brushes - They were great. I remember trying the dream bouncy blush soon after it came out and was horrified and disgusted. I remember I tried to apply it with my fingers and had a huge dent in the product after a few days, because there was no colour payoff and I was digging into the stuff for nothing. I was told I don't use blushes that are dark enough for me, I tend to stick to lighter shades that blend into my skin and just make me look...powdery with no pigment. Alright, so I saw a beautiful shade in the bouncy blush - The hot tamale shade. MUCH darker than I would usually try, but it gives me a BEAUTIFUL flush, and I think maybe that is the catch with these blushes...go darker to get any/good pigment. I'm so pleased with it and I apply it with a brush, not my fingers this time, and it looks natural, like a real, slightly dewy blush. I can't attest to how long lasting it is, because I haven't wore it for extremely long days yet, and I do pair it with a bronzer or another blush. But so far...Very impressed with the texture and the ease of application...but very specifically for this colour. I had no luck with, say, pink frosting when they first came out.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Megzimo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

These were getting so much hype so I decided to give one a try, the concept was really unique and I wanted to play with it and give it a try. I found that these were very difficult to use, although on the positive side they were very light and had a cream to powder texture on the skin. Using these with your fingers squishes out the product and it eventually gets flat and hard to work with. If you try and use a brush then the bristles/hairs on the brush comes off in the product and it is impossible to get them out. I thought it was a cool idea and it felt very light but the blushes were just to hard to work with and they weren't that groundbreaking that I would want to repurchase another.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2014 11:36:00 PM More reviews by sawautha

A lot of people were talking about this product and talking about how it was a dream to put on your skin. "Ohhh its bouncy, and shows up so nice". I bought the lightest shade, I love the sheen it gives my skin, the packaging is cute, I hate the texture. Its not even bouncy, I tap it and it mushes into the edge of the pan. Hard to pick up a concentrated amount of color with a brush, feels sticky when you use your fingers, YOU CAN'T WIN. And the stickiness kinda traps in dust and loose hair from your brushes and sticks on to the blush. I feel like this was just a soft clay with over concentrated color so when you rub it color will transfer like what happens to clay.

Try the e.l.f. studio cream blush, those are bouncy, and nice fancy packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by unit

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this inexpensive little blush,I use it on the days my skin feels particulary dry. I use the coffee color blush on my very pale skin on the days I would lke a little color(tan). I find this blush to be buildable, and natural looking.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2014 9:27:00 AM More reviews by pcsheather

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

the trick with this blush is using a dense flat top brush to pick up the product. i use elf's studio powder brush ($3) and it gives a light sheer wash of color on the cheek. you can layer a powder blush on top for more pigment and/or longer wear.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2014 7:53:00 AM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I remember using this, didn't like it, and threw it in the trash. The texture is strange. Of course the first thing I did when i bought this was push my fingers into it! Bouncy is not the right word....more like, squishy??? Anyways, its difficult to pick up product, even more difficult to blend it in. Its dry in a way, and dont bother if you have dry skin as well! The colors do not show up well on skin.This is the strangest, and worst blush i have used. The name is cute, looks cute, and the colors are not bad(in the pan) But dont be fooled. Save your money.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2014 7:40:00 AM More reviews by BethanyBez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this blush after Maybelline discontinued its Dream mousse blush, which was my go-to blush for years. I figured if they were going to discontinue it they must have replaced it with something better and that this new cream blush with the "Dream" in the name must be it. Ha! They sure fooled me! Why they chose this formula to replace the old Dream blush is worlds beyond me. First off, you get a teensy tiny sliver of product with this purchase. And a little does not go a long way, because you are going to have to layer the sticky stuff on to get it to show up. The pasty texture makes it difficult to blend, and the color kind of sits on top of your skin in a mask-like way. The packaging fortunately looks more flimsy than it is, but the product tends to cake around the corners of the cap. I'm not sure what's so "bouncy" about this blush. Better adjectives would be "streaky," "pasty," and just plain "problematic."

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2014 3:44:00 AM More reviews by SanFranGirl

In the beginning I had love/hate relationships with this blush.

I heard plenty of people saying good things about it, so decided to try myself. I actually got 2 blushes from the range and I have to say - the texture killed it.

It could be an amazing product, because the colors were gorgeous and those I had - looked beautiful on the skin, giving that sheer yet glowy look. However after an hour of wearing this blush - it started looking muddy and oily (bear in mind I got dry skin!). The blush would never stay in place but rather move around creating a messy look.

It was also quite hard to build up the blush. Pigmentation was poor and the product in the pan ended up looking like a crazy mess!

I ended up tossing this away, as it didn't live up to any promises you would expect from a blush: staying power, pigmentation and longwear.

For more in-depth reviews on other great beauty/makeup products head here: http://theppb.wix.com/thepartyparrotblog

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by hannie11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I picked up this blush in the color Candy Coral at my local drugstore one day when I was just browsing. I didn't expect much because I have many brands of blushes that I adored, but this was my first cream one! When I first opened it, it had a surprisingly bouncy feel like it says in the name! After some use the bounce isn't really there anymore but, that doesn't really matter at all compared to the great color it leaves on your skin! I think it looks best over top of a shimmery pink powder blush or even just by itself if you want a more peachy look! I haven't bought any other shades in this brand, but I would definitely recommend this one if you want to bring out your blue/green eyes or if you have medium skin like myself! For application I just take my pointer and middle finger and dab the center of the circle a few times until I get just the right amount of the color on. Then, I dab it gently on the apples of my cheeks. You might need a good bit to evenly apply this color, but I've had this blush for 6 months with daily use and I still am not even to the bottom yet so you don't need to worry about running out quick! Overall, I love this product and would definitely buy again!