September 30, 2014 | 1115 users online

Bath Treatments - LUSH - Ro's Argan Body Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 3:58:00 AM More reviews by putmanka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My favorite product. No body lotion ever really worked for me--some left me with strange bumps and others did not moisturize enough. My skin is mostly dehydrated and it stays somewhat dry after lotions that mainly have oils, but this gives me more hydration that I ever thought possible (probably due to glycerin). I do not rinse this off, I would feel it would be too much of a waste, and I get the best possible results by using it as a body lotion so I don't feel the need to use it any other way. I am already on my second jar, and I bought a small one for travel as well, because I really cannot be without it anywhere. Oh, and I love the scent (sort of like honey with something else). A plus is that my boyfriend loves the smell of it too. He always says I smell like a delicious apple strudel when I have it on:)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2014 12:18:00 AM More reviews by stylesnburberry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a very sweet smelling floral scent. It is suppose to be used as a body conditioner. But I try to use it on damp or slightly wet skin when I get out of the shower. I do think there are more ways than one to use this product. I did try to use it as a body conditioner, which after I cleansed my skin, I put on the product and left it on for 5 minutes or so and then washed it off. I honestly did NOT notice a difference in my skin when using it that way. I felt that I was wasting it because I was washing off all the precious ingredients that LUSH is known for. I want those wonderful, fresh ingredients to stay on my skin as long as possible and same with the amazing scent. Recently I've been using it as a lotion (around once a week) and am very happy with the results. Not only is it super moisturizing, but I already feel my soft, supple skin feeling smoother if that's possible :). One dislike, I don't like the packaging, it is in a big tub. But LUSH is generally like that with their products so It was to be expected. I gave one lippie for packaging, i'm sure they can find more innovative ways to package their products.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by lulu6789

Pricey but sooooo worth it! It smells gorgeous and leaves my skin silky smooth and soft. Will forever repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2014 6:56:00 PM More reviews by kahliemacorig

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Pros:
gorgeous smell, which stays on skin
leaves skin feeling hydrated and smooth
easy to use
cons:
price

I do really like this product. I purchased it due to the rave reviews I read about it, and have been fairly happy with this. I follow the instructions on the jar but after reading other reviews on using it on damp skin after shower, I might give that a go.
It is hideously expensive, and I don't NEED this, so I wouldn't repurchase again

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 10:15:00 AM More reviews by wixter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've already bought a second tub of this, I love it so much!

Like the name suggests, this is a body conditioner that has argan oil in it, a very moisturizing oil that can be used all of the body, face, and even in hair. It works the same way you use a hair conditioner, but on your body. I like to use this after I shave, which is about twice a week in the winter. In the summer, I'll only use this once a week since I shave my legs everyday. I use a moisturizer outside of the shower in the summer, but this is a nice treat.

After I wash and scrub my body and shave my legs, I'll point the shower head away from me. I'll then apply this to my legs, my arms, my shoulders, and my chest. You need very little of this, like most other LUSH products. I only use a small scoopful, about the size of three fingers, for my entire body. While the product soaks in, I'll usually rub it in more, just so that it penetrates more. After around two minutes, I'll face the shower head towards me and wash this off. A lot of the product goes down the drain, but when I get out of the shower, my skin is incredibly soft.

Ro's Argan smells like the Rose Jam fragrance, which can be found in the Rose Jam bubble bar and the Rose Jam shower gel. It smells much of roses, but with lemon to offset some of the sweetness. It smells sweet, but tart. A lovely combination.

I used one tub for as much as I said earlier and it lasted me a little longer than a year, and that's with my sisters using it, too! Although this is pricy for me, the product can be stretched out for over a year. I'm okay with that!

This pairs really well with Whoosh shower jelly, and of course, the Rose Jam shower gel, which was limited to the holidays.

This product is great because I can skip moisturizing my body after I get out of the shower. I'm very lazy in that aspect, and waiting for the lotion to soak in is a chore for me. This takes away that problem. I hope that LUSH expands the body conditioner line to include other fragrances. I know that the Rose Jam scent isn't everybody's favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 1:49:00 PM More reviews by MsTripleChoc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I don't use it as suggested, i exit the shower towel dry then apply as i would do a normal body moisturiser.
The scent is amazing, its extremely rich so i don't use it on my back which is acne prone, wish they did a shower gel to go with this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 9:05:00 AM More reviews by SugarPoppy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

the most amazing thing I've ever tried. my skin tends to be very itchy and flaky during winter months and this is literally the only thing that helps. it is incredibly easy to apply, leaves a delightful creamy godlike smell on my skin, and no lotion, cream or oil could ever compete with this sorcery. it may seem a little pricey, but it's your skin, so please, do yourselves a huge favor and buy this. in bulk.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by GoldenDelicious

Before I continue, I just have to correct something said by a previous reviewer who's name escapes me, who said this was made in the place where all things Lush origninated: Canada. Lush was founded in Poole, Dorset, in England. If you want to read all about how the Constantine's started the company first time round as 'Cosmetics To Go', and then 'Be Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful' I'm pretty sure you can read all about it online.
I can't live without this. I fear if they ever discontinue it, I will mourn for quite some time.
At first, the idea of a pricey 'body conditioner' that I have to rinse off down the plughole did not appeal, but, nevertheless, the online reviews had me so intrigued that I had to buy a pot to try it. Seeing how it was actually made in the factory in a little video via the shop page online did not put me off, it only served to want me to get my mitts on it even more - all that creamy goodness and all. I had had the fortune of being gifted a bottle of the Rose Jam shower gel and knowing the effect that fragrance had on me (Wow! OMG!) I knew I was going to love it for the scent alone.
So it really does do what it claims it will when used on a wet bod in the shower, but also so much more. I find it lifts my spirits, and used in conjunction with the shower gel it really serves to have me ready to face any day that may lie ahead. I also slap it on to dry skin, especially drier patches before bed and wake with said patches considerably diminished. The price is pretty fair I feel, for something you don't need to use a lot of, and the smell is, to me, roses, honey and lemon from heaven.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by tamn8r

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this alongside Buffy Body Butter to use on my Keratosis Pilaris which is slight bumpies on the backs of my arms. I've always battled them, apparently just like 50% of the population.

Anyway it's great! You really don't have to use a moisturiser after putting on the conditioner in the shower. I put it on just after putting on my hair conditioner and turn off the shower for around 1-2mins while I do something else (maybe de-rough my feet or exfoliate my legs or face or something) to give it a chance to soak in.

Hopefully I see an improvement in my KP but I think I will!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/26/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by hanmu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Every time I use this I end up smelling like my little cousin's bubble bath, and with a horrible, itchy rash all over my body. It's also extremely greasy and, like most Lush products, comes in really inconvenient packaging. It's not cheap either.