Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Eyeliner Trio - Nude Eyes

4.2

on 3/2/2013 4:27:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

These eyeliners are great. I apply any eyeliner to my water line (underneath the lashes). They go on so smoothly, have such staying power, and don't end up everywhere. I have never used gel liners before, but had heard that if you like them you will like these. It comes with black, a dark brown and a nude (I don't like the nude color because you can't really see it). Only wish the had a burgundy color.

on 2/5/2013 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was pleasantly surprised with these eyeliners. I bought them as an alternative to the Clinique eyeliner I had (which smeared everywhere). They're a great price! 3 pencils for $10? YES! I was paying $15 for one pencil that only lasted a few weeks. I like the colors here a lot. I'm not a huge fan of bright or wacky colored eyeliners (on myself) and these fit the subtle, but noticeable look I am going for. They're not very shimmery so don't let the title make you think they're sparkly. For my everyday use, they stay on well. I have a desk job so I am not too active during the day. What I really like about them is that they go on smoothly and quick. Easy to smudge for a less defined line or smokey eye. Overall, great product for the price.

on 1/6/2013 11:22:00 AM

Hyped product. Shimmer? Where? These eyeliners are underperformers. Not better than any other eyeliner. Very disappointing. Waste of money.

on 12/19/2012 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE these eyeliners. I only bought them a few days ago because I heard amazing things about the trio's champagne color. I cannot rave enough about it. First off, you get 3 eyeliners!!! Second, they can be inexpensive at times. They were on sale at my local drugstore, plus I had a coupon, so I spent under $10 for them. I like the black (it works really well) and I love the pewter color liner. I have been wearing the pewter on my lashline and champagne on my water/lowerline. It looks natural, but defining. On days I want a little more kick, I put black on the top and pewter on the bottom. Once these liner set, they do no smudge or budge all day (until YOU wash them off). They have been really friendly to my newest problem with my eyes (quite sensitive lately, due to the lack of sleep a college student has during finals week). I cannot brag enough about these products and suggest anyone who is looking for great drugstore eyeliners to try these eyeliners.

on 11/17/2012 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have these eye pencil trios in Nude Eyes and Brown Eyes. When I got them I thought they were just "eh" but they've really grown on me and I'm now very glad to have them.

The colours are not hard hitting like the very punchy 'glide on' eyeliners that are around currently. These are more subtle, but still have plenty of pigment and are soft enough to apply easily. The result is exactly what's advertised - a discrete (but buildable) look that's great for minimalist makeup.

For example, at very short notice my friends say they are coming around... It goes something like this: "Yikes, I look rough! But it's Sunday. Who wears makeup at home on a Sunday?!?! How vain!! Oh dear, I must be vain...but I must not let on!! ;) " ... Out comes the dark brown from this set. Blends in beautifully to my lash line, darkening my eyes in an 'Is she or isn't she?' kind of way. The light taupe defines my eybrows unexpectedly nicely. Who'd know? They would have to stare rudely to be sure I'm wearing makeup, but I already look so much better. Job well done.

Oh, and they don't smudge. :)

on 9/21/2012 2:42:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I didnt think id like the lightest shade much but i was way wrong. It suits my skin tone much better than most liners ive tried. Id repurchase just for this shade. The other 2 shades are ok but i prob wont get much use out of them since their much darker. I dont like the texture much, its really waxy feeling but if it lasts through the Ms humidity than i guess it'll have to do.

on 7/7/2012 10:37:00 PM

This set comes in three colours, Champagne, Pewter and Black. Nothing too special about the black (has a little sparkle), Pewter is lovely but the Champagne is amazing!!!! I would repurchase the whole pack just for another Champagne!

Its easy to apply, doesn't smudge, stays on for hours. I have very light skin and sometimes I find black eyeliner is just too harsh. Champagne and pewter are perfect for giving a softer look.

The packaging is really nice and glossy, it definitely give the impression of a higher end product. I got mine on eBay for $14 including shipping.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I picked these up at the $7 off PF cosmetics CVS sale this week after reading a few raves on the MUB as well as a MUblog. I actually was a bit hesitant to get them b/c I just have SOOO many eye liners, but the pewter and champagne shades are SO much different than anything I own, so for 2-3 bucks, I got 'em :) -I was more excited to use the "Nude eye shadow palette" when I got back home (I also picked this up at the sale) than these eye liners, but here we are a few days later & I'm no where near as impressed w/ the shadows as I am these eye liners! For reference, I'm nc15-ish, brown hair & eyes. I'm not able to pull off the lightest/champagne shade alone as an eyeliner, but it's a perfect inner eye brightener. The middle shade (I think they called it "Pewter" on the package..) is now my most cherished liner in my stash! I can't believe how this makes my brown eyes pop! Why didn't I try this sooner I keep asking myself?! &The black is a nice basic black, with just a slight amount of shimmer. What I also like is that these glide very easily (I hate e/l's that you have to tug half of your eye off to apply, or burn the top with a lighter to melt it down-WTH) but these are perfect! I'm so happy with my purchase that I went back to pick up a 2nd pack to hold on to, but unfortunately they were all sold out at that time, but I definately will be repurchasing - even at full price, these are totally worth it :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have already repurchased this set, not because I used them all up, but because I used all of the Champagne color up - It has been the BEST eyebrow pencil I have EVER used (and I have dark brown/black hair/eyebrows). I don't know how this light color works perfectly for me, but it blends in perfectly, it just fills in the gaps and disappears with no noticeable lines/smudges. I really, really wish Phys Formula would sell just the Champagne pencil on it's own... I went through the first one so fast... I'm going to end up with lots of multiples of the Brown and Black (which I like and use as liners, but am not going through them very fast. Haven't even gotten anywhere near using up the ones from the first set I purchased). It's not exactly cheap, by drugstore standards, to buy this whole set for just one pencil... but I love it so very much for my brows, I can't even tell you! Pencils *meant* for brows my color always look way too dark and harsh... this soft color just provides a background filler color... so perfect. Can't rave it enough!

on 2/4/2012 7:10:00 PM

I love that these come in sets, so I can change up my look with eyeliner. I would never have chosen the champagne color, but that has ended up being my favorite! It is perfect for days when I don't really want to go so bold with my eyes, and it is the perfect color for lining the lower lid.
These eyeliners really do last a long time. I love that they are not pencils, either-I hate eyeliner pencils!