i've used up my entire bottle of this baby right here, and let's see if it lived up to its promise of a 7 benefits in 1. can this really be a "wonder woman for your pores"?
1. deep cleanses pores - check! i'd used a worthless cleanser before while i was using this, and after i swipe a cotton pad with this, i look at it and boy, did the cotton get that much dirt still! i replaced the cleanser after i realized it's not really cleaning my face well, and now i don't see dirt on my cotton pad.
2. maintain ph 4.5 +- 1 - check! it doesn't burn or make my face red.
3. control a large amount of the sebum - meh. i have oily skin and this didnt do much to prevent me from blotting my face with oil control film throughout the day. take note i didnt change my moisturizer so this toner didnt make a change.
4. minimize appearance of pores - check! check! check! oily skinned people tend to have more visible pores, but this baby shrunk them to almost invisible even if i look up close in front of the mirror. although it took me almost 3 weeks to see the minimization. but it's a good thing! why? see no. 6.
5. refine the skin tones (?? lol typo in their part :)) - meh. ive used better toners for that benefit, although if it is a toner and it doesnt even out your skin tone... haha that sucks. but it evened out the texture of my skin and helped with tiny bumps on some parts of my face.
6. keep the elasticity of pores - check! since it doesnt shrink your pores instantly (unlike some toners, which hours after you use them you see your pores go back to their original size) , it does so permanently and doesnt "traumatize" your pores, making them shrink and then go back larger than before, and then shrink them again, then back, then the cycle goes on until your pores lose their elasticity much earlier than you intend to and they'll permanently be large and open, which would make it easier for dirt and oil to settle in then bacteria to eat them up then dirt to settle in again and another type of cycle goes on that would always result in excessive sebum production and acne.
7. moisturize inside and outside of skin - check! it feels like water, not toner. no alcohol-y scent, no sting, no burning sensation, very oily skinned people can do away with moisturizer and just proceed to cc cream or sunblock, then makeup.
bottomline: it's a nice toner to minimize your pores and is best for those with dry skin, but if you're looking for something that prevents excessive oil production throughout the day and lightens dark spots, this may be the best bet for you.
Been using this for over a month and I like it. Seems to be helping with acne a bit. Makes my t-zone more oily though which I don't like. Lovely packaging, decent price (~$15 for 250ml).
I have the larger size one with the pump and it's great :D
Cute packaging and a lot of promises but honestly I like this since it's affordable for such a big size and it does it's job as a toner so no complaints here! :)
I've never tried another toner besides Shiseido The Skin Care - Hydro Nourishing Softener Lotion, and the Shiseido one is just too thick because it has high level of moist. I want a toner that can help me cleanse the make up my cleanser can't reach to cleanse and also gives me fresh feeling without making my face feel too thick because after toner, i still need to put on serum, eye cream, moisturizer, and make up, so i tried this.
I've been using this (250 ml) for almost 3 months and it's still about half of it - i use it every morning and night. The big one (500 ml) has pump on it so you just have to press cotton pad on it few times to get the liquid out and the small one is just an ordinary bottle which you have to pour it. To make it last longer, i use another spray bottle and spray it on my cotton pad, and it's effective! A little goes loooooong way! Oh and the spray bottle gives me advantage, sometimes when my face look tired i spray it onto my face because the smell is fresh, and it didn't ruin my make up at all. I also notice that my pores get a little bit tighter and my face get less oily through the day <3.
it matches my skin, feels clean and healthy.
- cleanse well (it's not make up remover, but surely removes dirt and sebum on face)
- doesnt dry out skin
- soft and smooth after using.
is alcohol denat safe enough?
I LOVE THIS toner!!!!! it has to be the best toner i have ever used!! it actually cleared out my acne and now i have glowy and plump skin. Definitely will repurchase as i can go to my local Etude House any time (S.Korea) :p
I was really eyeing this product long before since I've read so many reviews for this and seems great. I've been such an addict for pore tightening products (I'm kinda OC on it, but people say I do not have visible pores, but whatever~ I just want to maintain it.) The product is so big! 500ml! I love this product since it promises 7 things: deep cleanses pores, maintain pH 4.5 ± 1, sebum control, minimize appearance of pores, refine skin tones, keep elasticity of pores, and moisturize inside and outside of skin.
It really feels clean. It's a fad here and stocks are going OOS. The packaging is also hygenic, you have the control of how much of the product would come out. I love it, I had recommended it (gave my friend a sample of this) but I would not repurchase it anytime soon since it is 500ml! I can't consume it fast enough since I do alternate this with my Shiseido White Lucent and Innisfree Green Tea Pure Skin, and I have samples to try out (haha!). But if you want a good toner, this is the best choice. Effective, yet, would not run out of stock that fast. Good buy!
*I've learned that this has a smaller size (250ml) on sites and outside my country (Philippines). Great! ^^
A toner (freshener) from etude house. Lifts dirt, oil and grime. Evens out and brightens skin tone. Glowing skin! What more can I say. It's an all in one freshener. Great for all skin type.