October 21, 2014 | 2051 users online

Treatments (Face) - Avene - Triacneal

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by ANCCNA

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this product for a long time the old formulas were great but this one is amazing, it clears little pimples and if I get a big one it makes it smaller and easier to pop. The only problem that I see is that I doesn't help clear blackheads, right now I'm looking for a product just for that, it also helps with the red marks that the pimples leave overall it is the best product I have tried

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by sparklingBG

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am very surprised by this product. I can finally say my teenage acne has stopped (I'm in my mid-20s) however, I have been left with a large number of dark marks and spots. So far, I have been using this product for about a month and I am starting to see a change. I have fairly sensitive skin and I found it a bit harsh when I used it alone. I mixed it with my night cream on the back of my hand and it seems to work better. Normally, I apply this cream at night. I am starting to experience more evenness in my skin and the dark marks are starting to peel revealing new skin. I will have to stop using this product for the next two weeks because I will be exposed to a large amount of sun during my vacation but I'm looking forward to using this product again. It's really important that you use sunscreen on your face the following morning as the skin will be sensitive. It was suggested online that you wait 6-8 weeks before you will see a change so I will be posting an update in about a month. The product is costly but you only need a small amount (two lines on the back of your hand). Also, shoppers tends to have sales and/or promotions for this product making it a little easier to purchase.

Update: so I have been using it for another month and it's working perfectly. Even my mom is starting to notice the fading. I think the newer the scar, the faster it will fade. Stick to it and you will for sure see changes.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 3:19:00 AM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is my initial review, I will update again once I've used this longer.
My story:
I've had fairly good skin most of my life, although VERY sensitive/reactive usually I only get moderate breakouts that respond quickly to salicylic acid and benzyl peroxide.
Two months ago, I started to get MAJOR extremely large painful cystic acne on my nose, chin, cheeks. I immediately started using my BP regularly, and salicylic acid.
My routine took care of the cysts over a cpl weeks but I continued to wake up to constant white heads every day. I've been adding vit C to the mix and that is taking care of the scars but my entire lower face is still covered in acne at this point, while the rest of my face is completely clear. I know this is hormonal acne I'm dealing with, and it seems nothing I tried would make it stop...how frustrating!
I don't have time to wait for an appt with the derm ( 6 months!?) so in desperation I went to SDM and asked what really works for this? I don't care how much it costs! So there I found triacneal.
Can I just say, that I have never used anything so effective for this horrible kind of acne? Within 24 hrs of applying, my cysts have broken up into smaller pimples, half of the white heads are now almost invisible, I'd say there is already a 50% improvement in the appearance of the breakouts. I've never had luck with AHA's before but I am hoping that since it also has retinaldehyde that it will make my skin happy. So far so good - I will update again after I've used it a few weeks. Definitely try this if you have cysts/nothing else is working for you!
Update: I used this for two weeks and my skin started peeling horribly. It looked so disgusting even with makeup over top. I couldn't stand it, it was just too harsh for my skin. Even after using a face scrub it was flaky. I still recommend this to treat cystic acne! Just not for me.
I am having better luck alternating retinol and benzyl peroxide (no flakes or irritation).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Lanaconrad

Great product for acne, increases pimples and blackhead very quickly. Negative point: irritates my skin very quickly because it's an agressive product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 3:15:00 AM More reviews by asian_vixen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I recently went through hormonal and cystic acne breakouts along with early signs of wrinkles. I was desperate and kept reading reviews and information about fighting pimples and wrinkles. The best thing for me at this age (i am 30) is retinoids (i even asked an MD) but my skin HATED retina-a.. plus when i was a teen, i was given tretinoin with hydroquinone without being advised to use it at night... so it destroyed my skin and made it sensitive because i ran many miles in the hot afternoons with my cross country team, even if i used high spf chemical sunscreen, my skin was never the same. So i had read that retinal is supposed to be less irritating and Avene is a sensitive skin line, so i tried it. I love how this is non-greasy, absorbs easily and does not make my skin itchy or irritated! I did tolerate it right away, despite having .1 of retinal. It is almost two months and my skin has never looked better! i did find it does purge a bit the first two weeks, giving more tiny bumps to my horrible skin. But now my skin looks luminous, clear and more even toned. i also added Eluage with HAF for my glabellar lines and under eye wrinkles but i cannot conclude any results yet. The only downside is the cost which is extremely pricey but given the cost of retin a and other tretinoids at this time, i can justify it. Plus i get a good price on amazon/pharmamundi. I also have to note that i added NIA24 Skin Strenghtening Complex for sun damaged skin with this at night and have gotten great results. Highly recommend both products!
UPDATE April 2013: This made my skin so sensitive after using it for this long... i felt like it has made it a bit "thin" (maybe too much too soon). I have cut down on use two to three days a week. Still my go to product but i have to accept the fact my skin is sooo sensitive to retinols.... i tend to grab Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic and Retinol and that has helped more on my skin than this i must admit. So i currently use Dr. DG and EL ANR with NIA24 SSC each night.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by Froozygirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow, serious product for adult acne! I am 37 with very oily acne-prone skin, very sensitive to almost everything. If I use the wrong product (like Clinique's 3 step...) my skin goes berserk. I only get a spot every now and again now, and I use this cream to keep it clear. Blackheads have disappered, my skin is clear like never before, and honestly, I woulnd't be without it - it's like an emergency cream! I had used Retin A in the past, but honestly, I don't need it the last 8 years or so - and definitely not since I discovered this! Really good product for adult acne, and would never be without it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 11:07:00 AM More reviews by luxferi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm in love with this product! I think this, on top of me taking Neocell, Super Collagen+C, Type 1 & 3 (see my review about that) is making my skin super healthy, smooth, firm and supple.

At first I used this every 3rd day, alternating with Avene Eluage. I always mist my face with Avene Thermal Water first - I think it helps with toning down any irritation. My skin is very sensitive and prone to rosacea, and it helps. Besides, Triacneal's consistency is thick and hard to spread over dry skin, but a light mist of water eliminated that. Over time, I worked it up to using Triacneal daily with no irritation whatsoever.

My pores are now smaller, my skin tone more even, and overall more supple and youthful. I still look like my age (30) but damn, I look better than I had when I was younger! It's affordable and easily available, plus it caters to sensitive skin - what more can I ask for? Stellar product! I'm now on my third tube and will continue buying more. The only con I can think of is the tube design is a little hard to squeeze out of (especially at the end of it when you're trying to squeeze out the last of it!) but it's a minor complaint.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2013 7:20:00 AM More reviews by wodepifubuhao

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, so initially I wrote a review about this product, and claimed it was the worst product ever. It's actually not! It does dry out pimple, but I think it does nothing for hyper-pigmentation, maybe overtime but. I'm almost done with the acne (even when I think I'm done, a new pimple seems to find a way to appear on my face).
Anyways, this product does dry out pimples, but that is all. I've been using it for almost 7 wks and I can say it is a pretty decent product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 5:33:00 AM More reviews by niahana

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

the product does the job really well! it dries out my pimple and reduce the acne scarring! i use a good amount on my pimple and less on the scarring. i found out that if i apply it too much, my cheeks and forehead would immediately burn as if its been mildly heated but it goes away after few hours. it isnt really that serious for me and when i woke up in the morning, BOOM! i have dried-out-less-red-almost-invisible pimple. though, it might be the other way around for those with sensitive skin. all in all, the product is a repurchase in my list! <3

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 8:37:00 AM More reviews by Sweryn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this as a spot treatment and for fading away my scars. I haven't seen an improvement in my scarring, Since this has a tiny amount of glycolic acid, I don't think it can do a lot in terms of evening out the skin tone. However, it works great at drying out my pimples. The only bad thing is that it tends to irritate my skin if I use it too often.