December 20, 2014 | 1631 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Covergirl and Olay Tone Rehab 2 in 1 Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Seadoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

This made my lines and pores look worse than without it. Too bad because the color was excellent.

Pros:
Great color match
Fantastic packaging/pump

Cons:
Drying
Made lines and pores look worse
Need to work fast, drys quickly

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by dibo

I have been using this for a few years now. Great for dry and mature skin. Does not show pores or lines. Plus it has a moisturizer in it but it is not greasy and does not make your face shiny...Great product..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I've been looking for something that hydrates my skin without making me greasy. And something that looks and feels like skin. And something that doesn't break me out. Enter CG Olay Tone Rehab foundation. This stuff is truly amazing. it is a very lightweight formula, but gives medium to heavy coverage with one layer. I found that it easily covered up my fresh acne scars and existing acne with ease. Just minor spot concealing needed afterwards. I also did not have to use any primer underneath this and it lasted longer than any other liquid foundation i've used (with primer). Gives my skin that "just skin" look without feeling like I have a full face of makeup on. Doesn't make me greasy at all, even though I thought this was marketed towards those with a drier skin type. I wear buff beige and it's a great match for NC25/30. No oxizidation either. My only complaint is that it clings to every little dry patch on my face, worse than any other foundation I've used. And for being so hydrating, it's surprising that this is happening, so I highly recommend exfoliating well if you don't already have extremely smooth skin. Other than that I give it an A+!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 9:14:00 AM More reviews by char56

I have never written a review on Makeupalley, however I have been reading them for years in search of my HG foundation, among other things. Oh my goodness...this product, I knew I had to post.
I have insanely difficult skin to cover with make up. It is slightly acne prone, but what I struggle with is my dry, persistently flaky parts (chin, sides of nose, forehead...basically everywhere) and very large pores. Usually make up accentuates these issues, even if I moisturize excessively before hand. I also have extremely sensitive skin, so whenever my skin becomes reactive (a lot), it becomes extremely red in places. In addition to these things, I have a couple of dark spots that I have difficulty covering/even when I do cover them adequately they usually reappear half way through the day.
This foundation changed all of this completely. Upon buying it I tried it almost immediately and it was AMAZING. I was in shock. I did a half hazard application, yet it still managed to somehow hide my dryer areas exceptionally well without highlighting them even further. Its coverage is amaaazing, completely masking my redness and scars while still looking dewy and natural.
I have never used a foundation like this and I have tried a TON of foundations. From drugstore to high end, I have never seen these results and with such ease of application.
Thanks Covergirl/Olay! Five lippies!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by spatterson1

I hate it. I wanted to like it, but frankly I don't see how anyone does. It smells weird, but I can get past that. It is TOO THICK, but you don't realize it until you smear it on and it settles in every blessed tiny line that you have. I would not buy this again. Ever. I threw it away, because when I tried to give it to people they wouldn't take it. Ugh.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 5:27:00 AM More reviews by katb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

for me, i really like this foundation, my skin doesnt react to it (which is rare for me). covers well, i'd say medium coverage. goes on smooth. nondrying. color match for me is ok, not the best but for drugstore itll do and if you dont have that many flaws to cover up, its really great, i only use it on problem areas, not even my whole face so itll last me awhile. i use a sponge to apply. it is pricey though. theres also this smell to it, the "serum" i guess, not sure if the serum really even works to be honest (skin looks the same after about 3 weeks of use) but as a foundation i really like it. my HG for now. am happy with this!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2013 9:10:00 AM More reviews by appollonia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I gave this foundation several tries and it just does not work for me. I've read several reviews and it seems it works best for fair skin. I have more of a medium complexion. I have some light freckling on my cheeks and nose and this did not cover them. While it's possible i simply bought the wrong shade (too dark) this made my face look dirty. My face looked orange and the color was patchy. When i applied bronzer it just got worse. The bronzer wouldn't blend as easily as with my regular creme foundation. I should mention that i love the simply ageless also by covergirl and olay. I also felt it got darker and more orange as the day wore on. I couldn't wait to go home and wash my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2013 6:25:00 AM More reviews by lizzea

I love this foundation more than I thought I would.. I scoured the internet for good reviews and I found a whole mix and decided to try it anyway. I don't know about the serum aspect of the foundation, but this is a really good medium buildable coverage foundation that goes on smoothly and opaquely and doesn't get cakey or blotchy. I liked the application and the fact it is buildable to full coverage is really good. I don't always luck out with colour matches to drugstore foundation but the range was surprisingly good for me and I found my perfect match. The only thing that may be off putting for people is the scent of this foundation, which to me, smells strongly of apricots! I don't mind it, and the scent doesn't linger after application, it's just during the initial product pump that it is very strong. I like this a lot, good for my combo skin and covers my breakouts and blemishes quite well. Try it if you can!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I'm not sure if it was a bad idea to buy/use this product in the summertime, or if it's just not a good product in general. Usually I'm a full coverage kinda girl, but prior to using this product I had toned it down a little (I was using a mouse-like foundation prior to this purchase). So combined with the hot weather and the fact that I've been wearing less makeup, this foundation often feels like and looks like. too much. I love the pump/packaging. I feel like it dispenses almost the perfect amount (a little extra, even). While wearing the product (along with my other makeup), I feel like I'm walking around with face paint on all day. I like the shade and coverage, but it often looks greasy and makes my skin appear shiny. I've bought pressed powder (Revlon Nearly Naked) in an attempt to "set" the foundation and lessen the shine, but it has had little effect. I'm not going to throw the bottle out, but I'm not impressed with this product. I MAY give it another chance in the winter-time, but the greasy look is prevalent with this product! (I'm a combination-dryish skin type.) Overall, if you like full coverage and wear a lot of makeup, you may enjoy this product if you don't use too much. But if you're a bare minimum kind of girl, this isn't for you!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by Gemstone33

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Skin Tone: Porcelain
Skin Type: Dry & Acne-Prone
Shade Purchased: 105 Ivory
---

I'm pleasantly surprised by this product! I bought it hoping it would prevent my skin from drying out in the July heat, and found it to be a pretty good foundation given how cheap it is. I have a few complaints but nothing that would prevent me from purchasing this again in the future.

It has a very creamy texture that leaves my skin looking slightly dewy, but not oily. My skin is very dry, however, so I am not sure that it would achieve the same effect on oilier skin. I chose the lightest shade available, but it is about a shade darker than my normal skin tone, which is a problem I have with nearly all foundations given my incredibly pale complexion. Because it is summer and I have a bit more color and freckles, it isn't a completely incorrect match, but I have a strong feeling that it will be too dark for me to wear in the winter months. When first applying it, I noticed that it did even out my skin tone where redness and acne was present, and I didn't need to use as much concealer to cover my problem areas. Very nice coverage.
The foundation does need to be reapplied if you're planning on wearing it all day, from sunrise to sunset. The foundation gradually faded on me throughout the day, but did not cake up or dry out my skin, which was great. I put it on at about 10 AM and reapplied by 4 PM, so I'd say it gave me roughly 6 hours of solid coverage. It does have a typical face cream scent to it that some may find irritating or annoying, but it did not linger around much after applying it and it did not irritate my sensitive skin.
The only real negative comment I have to say about this product is the packaging. While the pump works just fine, there is no plastic seal to keep the lid on before you buy it, and I had discovered that someone had used a pump of it before I purchased it. A simple solution for this would be to put a plastic seal around the cap to prevent people from using the product when it's on display. Buying a used product is unsanitary and a rip-off, so please double check the product before you buy it!

---
Bottom Line: Good foundation for normal to dry skin, did not irritate my sensitive skin, it did even out my skin tone and cover my red spots, it is not very long lasting but it does not cake up or dry out my skin. Packaging does not prevent people from using it while it's on the shelf, so make sure you aren't buying a used product.