September 18, 2014 | 1816 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2014 10:57:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I was hoping this would live up to its non-creasing claims, but it fails to do so, both on its own or worn over an eyeshadow primer like UDPP. It fared slightly better layered over UDPP but most shadows do crease on my lids, not because they're oily but because they're hooded and the skin has a tendency to crease my eye makeup. Longevity fail aside, BttB is a beautiful golden brown shimmer shadow with no red or coppery tones. It's a lot lighter than I expected and can be worn as a wash over the entire eyelid if you're medium-complected (NC25-30) like me. I used this primarily as a base shadow for a brown smokey eye using NARS Mekong on the lid and AAE as a brow highlight. It adds just a touch of shimmer (but not sparkle or glitter) and holds the combination of the two shadows together well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 10:50:00 PM More reviews by linwild

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really gorgeous shimmery bronze with a smooth buttery texture. I bought this at the same time as L'Oreal Infallible in Bronzed Taupe. The two products are similar in color, shimmer, and texture, but this one is a bit lighter and less pigmented. This is my favorite eyeshadow for washing over the whole lid. I love the smooth, creamy consistency and the subtle color. It's a great for a neutral look that's not totally flat.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 7:34:00 AM More reviews by Mummykel25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this! I haven't gone near cream shadows for so long because of the dreaded creasing but I had to try these after reading reviews and seeing swatches the colours looked beautiful! I only picked up this shade because the stands in my local DS were pretty empty but I'm glad I did, it applies so easily and sets quickly the colour can be worn alone and sheer or built up and blended with other shadows and the best part is even without a primer they don't crease :) The pot will last forever its a decant size and I doubt it will break even with it being glass it feels really strong and at only 4.99 u can't go wrong I will definitely be getting more colours when I can.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 9:08:00 PM More reviews by rose1234

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Edited from 4 stars to 5:

When I first bought this I applied one layer and it dried as a light golden shimmery taupe. It was super light and not that special of a color. I gave it four stars because even though I have similar colors, it was pretty and did not crease for the entire day. It was not their fault I was looking for a bit of drama and got meh.

Then, I wore it again and did something magic. I applied a paint pot in painterly all over my lid, applied one layer of bad to the bronze from my lash line to above my crease and then ::drum roll:: I applied a second layer bad to the bronze to just the lower part of eyelid. It created a beautiful pigmented foiled effect. So beautiful. And, even with two layers no creases for over 10 hours.

PROS:
Many color combos available with this as a base (purples, blues...)
Work appropriate
Staple color
Quick application
Price
Long wearing

CONS:
?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by allthatcounts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my everyday eye base (no primer). My eyes aren't extremely oily, but I abhor wearing eyeshadows or even liners without a base, and the Maybelline Colour Tattoos work like a charm! They last the entire day on my eyes, even through a gruelling physical education class at school -- a definite plus.

Bad to the Bronze is frosty enough to pass as a bronze, yet it seems to lean more taupe than Tough as Taupe, which is more of a matte greige, judging from the swatches that I've seen. However, I reach more for Bad to the Bronze than my (LE) Nude Pink. Nude Pink is more lavender-toned than I'd like for a neutral eye base (not sure what I was really expecting in that department with its name, haha). Bad to the Bronze, on the other hand, is perfect for an everyday eye look. I take it up to the crease, sheer it out with my finger -- it darkens on its own to create an effect that appears as though you've used more than one shadow -- and set with a similarly colored eyeshadow.

That's another thing: I find that if I don't set the Colour Tattoos, they tend to crease on me (I own Bad to the Bronze, Pomegranate Punk, and Nude Pink). Then I add liner and mascara and I feel good to go!

Bad to the Bronze is quite shimmery, as most Colour Tattoos go, so if you prefer more of a subtle effect on the eye, I wouldn't recommend this. Nevertheless, these are great dupes for the MAC Paint Pots, thus by all means I suggest you try them!

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 4:43:00 AM More reviews by Martinevdh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very nice bronze cream shadow. This eyeshadow is buildable, easy to apply and matches every look and skintone. Also suitable to use as base or combination with other (powder) eyeshadows. In the Netherlands, this is an expensive product in the drugstore range (about €13), but it can easily be bought on sale, which are held often at these brands. The only disadvantage is that this cream sometimes gets into my crease line a little bit. Compared to other products with this texture, it is ok though. I usually apply this with dark eyeliner in the evenings because its shimmer and color stands out on my pale skin, but less pale or more brave girls couls also use this for their daily routine as the color itself is fairly neutral. I am planning on buying other colors as well when I need a new product and I will continue to use this one, which will be a while as this package will not be empty soon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 3:43:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Lovely cheaper version of MAC Paint Pots or Benefit Cream Eyeshadows/Liners

It's a medium-dark cool bronze with a slight metallic finish to it. The colour payoff is opaque, what you see is what you get. Stays on all day and it's fabulous.
On a lazy day, I put this up to my crease and put a inner corner highlight, add liner and mascara and I'm done. Easy as pie.

In love.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2014 5:17:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was my first cream eye shadow purchase and I can honestly say that it has not disappointed me at all. At first, I thought it went on too dark for my fair, blue eyes. But now that I know how to apply it --- I am in love and I'm so glad I purchased it.

I like to apply it lightly with my ring finger up to the crease and smudged on the lower lashline. When you use a Mac 217 (or similar) to apply this -- the color is lighter and is a beautiful wash of bronze. I also like to smudge this with a stiff dome brush into some black pencil liner along the lash line (upper and lower) for a daytime, soft smokey eye. I just love this little pot and I've had it for almost a year and it hasn't dried out on me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by katautumn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I will be the first to admit I'm a sucker for packaging. This is how I end up with a lot of awful products in cute compacts. This is one time, however, the package quality was rivaled by the content's quality.

*PROS*
~Long-wearing. While I didn't need to wear it for 24 hours, it did have longevity. It sufficiently lived up to its name.
~Smooth creamy texture.
~Beautiful color. This shade was so beautiful as an all over color.
~Excellent color payoff.
~You can't beat the price. It is a very reasonably priced product, IMO.
~The packaging is great. It comes in a nice little glass lid pot.

*CONS*
~It can be a bit tricky to apply. I used my finger and at first it's kind of stippled on looking. You really have to get your finger in there and work it around the lid.
~When I applied a powder based shadow over it, after an hour or so the colors became very muddied. I can see where you would want to use another cream based shadow with this if you need the look to stay crisp all day long.

Overall I think once you get the application technique down this is an amazing product, especially in this price range. And this particular color is a must-have, in my opinion. It's just such a lovely basic and versatile color.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by lozzie88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really love this as a quick eyeshadow that lasts all day. I just put all over the lid and then blend out into the crease. Stays put, it's the only colour tattoo I actually like. Nice wearable colour most people could pull off.