December 22, 2014 | 1641 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 6:23:00 PM More reviews by MsKacey

Ahh, Color Tattoo.. my everyday shadow. I first got this as a Christmas gift after I got the idea to step into the world of cream-ish
shadows and seeing a commercial. this is a highly pigmented eyeshadow, it looks great actually without even priming, if thats your thing. i have worn it with and without primer and there is a difference, i wouldn't even say for better or worse, surprisingly, just different. you can wear one or two swipes across each lid and look great, or pack it on for more of the shimmer and have more of the true color of the shadow. i haven't experienced any creasing, and it honestly lasts all day which is a huge deal for me.

it's very flexible as far as application and you honestly can't go wrong with this one. I have already replaced it once when i was running low and can't wait to try it in different shades!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by LightPink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My favorite eye shadow for daily use! I have pretty much worn this every single day ( 7 days a week and have not missed a day since the day I got it on March 14, 2014)

I love the color and I love how it looks flawless the entire time it is on! I just bought the Barely Branded Color Tattoo so I apply that one first with my fingers midway up to the top under my brow then apply Bad to the Bronze from lid to crease. So pretty!

The formula for Bad to the Bronze since day 1 is a little dryer and harder than the Barely Branded Color Tattoo but still looks great. I am a little worried it will dry out though with daily use and/or over time so I will update this later.

I like to wear this with dark brown eye liner, very dark black mascara, natural glowing blush, bronzer, neutral colored lips like Maybelline Color Whisper in Mocha Muse.

**I do apply a light amount of foundation on my eyes before I apply the shadows.

If you have not tried this than give it a chance!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 9:28:00 PM More reviews by greenapple2013

I love this color! It is such a beautiful all over the lid color. It makes applying eyeshadow so easy and yet the 3D effect that it gives makes it look like you put in a lot of effort. I highly, highly recommend because for the price, you can't beat it. The only downside is that it dries up pretty quickly since it's a cream based product.

Please watch my fresh spring look using this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 9:51:00 PM More reviews by boyscubed

I really haven't worn eyeshadow for years. Usually just eyeliner and mascara. Well, off and on through the years I have felt the need to "try out eyeshadow again". When I was younger most eye shadows caused itchy, red lids. As I got older, when I would try wearing eyeshadow again throughout the years, I either found it would always crease or it was just nothing special. Well, I had recently decided to try out eye shadow again. I picked this color out (Bad To The Bronze). I love, love, love it! I wear a light coat of UDPP in Eden, underneath which, for me helps the creasing (I have oily lids), and then a sort of light application of Bad To The Bronze with eyeliner. I really like it. Sort of understated but gives my eyes just enough "pretty oomph". Does not make my eyelids itch and lasts pretty much all day without creasing. I recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2014 10:57:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I was hoping this would live up to its non-creasing claims, but it fails to do so, both on its own or worn over an eyeshadow primer like UDPP. It fared slightly better layered over UDPP but most shadows do crease on my lids, not because they're oily but because they're hooded and the skin has a tendency to crease my eye makeup. Longevity fail aside, BttB is a beautiful golden brown shimmer shadow with no red or coppery tones. It's a lot lighter than I expected and can be worn as a wash over the entire eyelid if you're medium-complected (NC25-30) like me. I used this primarily as a base shadow for a brown smokey eye using NARS Mekong on the lid and AAE as a brow highlight. It adds just a touch of shimmer (but not sparkle or glitter) and holds the combination of the two shadows together well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 10:50:00 PM More reviews by linwild

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really gorgeous shimmery bronze with a smooth buttery texture. I bought this at the same time as L'Oreal Infallible in Bronzed Taupe. The two products are similar in color, shimmer, and texture, but this one is a bit lighter and less pigmented. This is my favorite eyeshadow for washing over the whole lid. I love the smooth, creamy consistency and the subtle color. It's a great for a neutral look that's not totally flat.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 7:34:00 AM More reviews by Mummykel25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this! I haven't gone near cream shadows for so long because of the dreaded creasing but I had to try these after reading reviews and seeing swatches the colours looked beautiful! I only picked up this shade because the stands in my local DS were pretty empty but I'm glad I did, it applies so easily and sets quickly the colour can be worn alone and sheer or built up and blended with other shadows and the best part is even without a primer they don't crease :) The pot will last forever its a decant size and I doubt it will break even with it being glass it feels really strong and at only 4.99 u can't go wrong I will definitely be getting more colours when I can.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 9:08:00 PM More reviews by rose1234

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Edited from 4 stars to 5:

When I first bought this I applied one layer and it dried as a light golden shimmery taupe. It was super light and not that special of a color. I gave it four stars because even though I have similar colors, it was pretty and did not crease for the entire day. It was not their fault I was looking for a bit of drama and got meh.

Then, I wore it again and did something magic. I applied a paint pot in painterly all over my lid, applied one layer of bad to the bronze from my lash line to above my crease and then ::drum roll:: I applied a second layer bad to the bronze to just the lower part of eyelid. It created a beautiful pigmented foiled effect. So beautiful. And, even with two layers no creases for over 10 hours.

PROS:
Many color combos available with this as a base (purples, blues...)
Work appropriate
Staple color
Quick application
Price
Long wearing

CONS:
?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by allthatcounts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my everyday eye base (no primer). My eyes aren't extremely oily, but I abhor wearing eyeshadows or even liners without a base, and the Maybelline Colour Tattoos work like a charm! They last the entire day on my eyes, even through a gruelling physical education class at school -- a definite plus.

Bad to the Bronze is frosty enough to pass as a bronze, yet it seems to lean more taupe than Tough as Taupe, which is more of a matte greige, judging from the swatches that I've seen. However, I reach more for Bad to the Bronze than my (LE) Nude Pink. Nude Pink is more lavender-toned than I'd like for a neutral eye base (not sure what I was really expecting in that department with its name, haha). Bad to the Bronze, on the other hand, is perfect for an everyday eye look. I take it up to the crease, sheer it out with my finger -- it darkens on its own to create an effect that appears as though you've used more than one shadow -- and set with a similarly colored eyeshadow.

That's another thing: I find that if I don't set the Colour Tattoos, they tend to crease on me (I own Bad to the Bronze, Pomegranate Punk, and Nude Pink). Then I add liner and mascara and I feel good to go!

Bad to the Bronze is quite shimmery, as most Colour Tattoos go, so if you prefer more of a subtle effect on the eye, I wouldn't recommend this. Nevertheless, these are great dupes for the MAC Paint Pots, thus by all means I suggest you try them!

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 4:43:00 AM More reviews by Martinevdh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very nice bronze cream shadow. This eyeshadow is buildable, easy to apply and matches every look and skintone. Also suitable to use as base or combination with other (powder) eyeshadows. In the Netherlands, this is an expensive product in the drugstore range (about €13), but it can easily be bought on sale, which are held often at these brands. The only disadvantage is that this cream sometimes gets into my crease line a little bit. Compared to other products with this texture, it is ok though. I usually apply this with dark eyeliner in the evenings because its shimmer and color stands out on my pale skin, but less pale or more brave girls couls also use this for their daily routine as the color itself is fairly neutral. I am planning on buying other colors as well when I need a new product and I will continue to use this one, which will be a while as this package will not be empty soon.