October 30, 2014 | 1351 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Bold Gold / Eternal Gold

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by keepitreal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

A little too sparkly/glittery for me and doesn't apply as smoothly as Bad to the Bronze or Barely Branded. Color is very pretty though and I can get opaque coverage with one swipe. I like to wear it alone and it really makes my blue eyes pop. Unfortunately these dry out a lot faster than MAC paint pots and application becomes quite a pain once that starts to happen - lots of annoying glitter fallout and even patchier application. I love the color though and price, but I think I'll try to find something similar in a different brand rather than repurchasing this every time it starts to dry out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by xzombiecourtneyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this is Bold Gold because I wanted a really cool gold color and this color is SO beautiful. I don't believe in the whole "24hr" thing but I definitely think it's the first eyeshadow that I've used that actually lasts an entire day without fading. The color just sticks so well. I was extremely pleased with the way it just glided on with little amounts of product. This is a great color to wear whenever you want or at least that's what I think. It's a fantastic color and I definitely recommend that people try this out. I can't say enough about that beautiful golden/sparkly color.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by tattedtutie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I remember first seeing Maybelline's Color Tattoo cream eyeshadow advertised on tv and thought to myself, wow! This product looks pretty awesome! I didn't get around to actually trying it out until last week however, but I'm glad I purchased it. I got Bold Gold and I love it. It was a vibrant, rich color that went on lighter than shown but soon I got it to my wanted color. It stayed on without major creasing as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by alwayshine14

This eyeshadow is so gorgeous and so pigmented. It's gold with shimmer, and even though I have oily lids I can wear it and it doesn't crease for hours! The color is pretty, and I know it will last me a long time because I don't wear eyeshadow every day but if I need to I will repurchase it and I am going to pick up a few more shades some time soon. I apply this to just my lids with my fingers and i use a crease brush to blend it into my crease a tiny bit, I have pretty oily lids so I apply a thin layer, but the color definitely shows up. I definitely recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by NICOLE730

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The color tattoo in Bold Gold is a beautiful gold base with shimmer. I do not have oily lids so I have no problem wearing this on it's own. I find this works just as good as a Mac Paint Pot. When I wear this as a base for my shadows, I find they last all day without creasing. This is also nice on the lower lash line.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by iheartmakeup1xo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Love this color. It looks so natural, and i love it way too much. It will go great with my naked2 colors, i definitely didn't waste my money on this. Even though i use bad to the bronze more, i will find time to use this because it is such a nice eyeshadow. <3

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: I find that these dry out really fast and the consistency changes so much that I can't use it anymore. It catches on to some parts of the eyelid and makes the area look very dry. Won't be repurchasing.

Decided to pick this shade up and again its another color tattoo I love. Compared to the shade 'Bad To The Bronze' this is definitely not as pigmented and the shimmer is very noticeable as its very chunky. I am not a huge fan of big chunks of glitter but the gold colour of this is beautiful. I apply a gold eyeshadow on top of this to further accentuate it and ensure longevity.

Still love the formula of these though! So easy to swipe across my lids everyday and pretty long-lasting without primer and with my Urban Decay primer potion it lasts up until I take it off. Price here in Australia is affordable too which is great to see. As always very impressed :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nice cheap and easy to use. Wish it was a tad less chunky in terms of glitter, but I still wear it to work as a wash overly lid. For me who does not wear shadow as much as I'd like, this is an easy option for me

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 1:13:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

This makes for a beautiful (yet very shimmer) true yellow gold eye shadow base. Does not crease on me. Very flattering for blue eyes. Works for both day and night. I prefer a champagne yellow gold blend, like Bobbi Brown's Goldstone, but for working with clients, this will do.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by DKER

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like using a small amount of this as highlighter, or over another color to brighten/warm it up. I find that this does not last as long as my other 3 though. And it is hard to apply it sheerly enough so that it isn't like BAM THERES A YELLOW SHIMMERY EYELID.