August 1, 2014 | 1854 users online

BB Cream - MISSHA - Cho Bo Yang BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by sweetdase

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product off mynameiskorean.com for about $28USD with a $5 shipping and I live in Canada. I read all the good reviews on here and decided to try this product out. This is my first MISSHA product because the Signature BB cream didn't get as high of reviews. I'm Chinese and am around an NC30-35. I bought this is shade No. 2 Natural Beige and the color matches me well. I actually like the packaging and the tube spout is thinner than most tube spouts. I can squirt a good amount out as sometimes, with different BB creams and different textures, sometimes you need more than others. I don't need to use too much with this one as a little goes a long way. The texture is smooth and a little thick which is good for coverage and smoothing it out on the face. I squirt some onto my finger and then dot it evenly on my index, middle and ring fingers (both hands) and distribute it by dotting around my face and then patting it in so it provides a more even coverage. My skin has not reacted to this BB cream and I don't notice any smell, at least that didn't throw me off. Unfortunately, I don't think this BB cream has any English written on it so you need to find a website that tells you which shade you're buying and remember which shade you bought. I wrote mine on a sticky note and also can refer to emails. Overall, I would repurchase this BB cream if I ran out providing I don't go out and try other BB creams (which probably won't happen ;))

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by SoSleepy

I really love the texture and coverage of this BB cream. It's thicker than most and gives a good medium-full coverage. It's honestly covers better than my Almay Skin Clearing foundation! I have the #2 color and it matches me pretty well (not sure what MAC color I am but sand beige in Almay and warm sand in Bobbi Brown Skin). I do wish it were a little more on the yellow side.
If I wear it several days in a row, I will break out a little but nothing catastrophic. My skin honestly hates most liquid or cream foundations.
I'd say the staying power is better than most BB creams or tinted moisturizers but not quite on par with an oil-controlling foundation.
Overall, it's currently my favorite BB and I'll continue to purchase until I find something better.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2013 9:51:00 AM More reviews by viivijw

I have only tried couple BB Creams (this one, Missha M Perfect Cover and Skin79 Pink) and this is my favorite one of them. I Have a lot to cover on my face and I also have oily skin and this bb cream has the best coverage from the ones that I have tried. It also makes my skin more matte looking with this bb cream than with the others I've tried but it still looks natural. I got the shade 2# and at first it looks pretty grey but once I've blended it on to my skin it's just the right color! It also stays on the whole day. Only cons are that my skin does get oily during the day so I have to plot my face but it happens with all the foundations and bb creams that I've tried. And other con is that it has a strong scent. But all in all I really like this BB Cream and I will definitely repurchase this!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Absolutely

Covers pores well. Medium coverage and does not look natural if built up. I have oily skin and the staying power is okay. I find BB creams last longer on normal skin. Long lasting foundations should be a better option for those who want a longer lasting finish. I still need to use powder as I get shiny fast. I want to try other products so probably won't repurchase. Shade 01 goes on neutral-pink on my light Asian skin at first but looks more natural after an hour. I prefer a more yellow tone foundation/BB cream.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 1:31:00 AM More reviews by koalaluff

LOVE this BB cream! I've used Missha's Perfect Cover, Lioele's Beyond the Solution, and a few samples of other BB creams, but this one tops them all. I will mostly compare Cho Bo Yang with Lioele's Beyond the Solution because those are the two I use right now.

I have #2, which is a tad too dark for me but it's not noticeable [to others]. For reference, I am NC25 in MAC.

The first thing I noticed about this BB cream was that it is THICK!! Twice did I squeeze some on my brush (e.l.f. powder brush) and had it fall off (now I am careful to not tilt my brush downwards or even to the side). While it is thick, it's also creamy. It spreads and blends well. There was a time when many of my acne scars were faded and I did not have to apply concealer, but I got new scars and do have to use concealer now. Regardless, this is one of the few BB creams that covers well. I would say it is between medium-full, but I cannot build it up to full.

I always use a setting powder when applying BB cream/foundation. Oil control is pretty good compared to Lioele's Beyond the Solution. When I apply my Lioele BB cream and just stay at home all day, my face gets very oily throughout the day, but when I apply Missha's Cho Bo Yang BB Cream, my face only gets dewy by nighttime. Also, Cho Bo Yang has better lasting power.

Two days ago, I decided to mix my Lioele Beyond the Solution BB cream and Missha Cho Bo Yang BB cream together. Color was perfect for me, coverage was still pretty good, and oil control was much better than if I had just used Lioele alone.

As far as skin-improving properties go, I haven't noticed a difference in my skin but that's because the only problem right now is acne, and this product does not claim to have any anti-acne properties. However, my skin definitely looks smoother with this applied.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by cowhugger

I bought the small 20 ml version of this BB during one of MISSHA's big sales on their website, which I got in the shade No. 1 Natural Beige. I would say the coverage is medium but it can certainly be built up. It's not the easiest BB to spread around your face but that can be a good thing for me. I like wearing this in the summer because it doesn't easily slide off my face. I have found that BBs that slide seamlessly onto the face slide seamlessly off the face in the matter of a few hours, despite using a primer or a finishing powder. So yeah, love the staying power and the coverage for this BB. I don't love the price though, if I were to repurchase it I would do so during one of MISSHA's big sales. Oh, and the color match is pretty good, I don't know my MAC shade but for Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua I'm a B10.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2012 1:32:00 AM More reviews by archtenshi66

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this BB cream/
I've tried all the other Misha BB cream except the water drop one and I still love this better. Even my mom (50 yr old) loves it! My skin's kinda light (NC 15 -NC 20) and it still really lighten my skin a bit (01 natural beige).
Coverage: 9/10
Lasting: 8/10 All day and and night
Oil control: 8/10 ( I am mainly dry with oily T-Zone or dehydrated skin)

It is balmy and I like it that way
I gave a 4 cause I have to found a 5 yet, so far this is the best Ive used.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by pasdebouree

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So far I am loving this product. It's the first BB crean I have tried after having done a lot of research. Have been using it for only a couple of weeks and day by day my skin is looking clearer and more even toned.
It actually does improve skin texture and minimizes/reduces large pores. I have sun damage (melasma-type spots on the sides of the face) and Cho Bo Yang seems to be helping the spots to fade as a result of the SPF 30 sunscreen while providing adequate coverage.

I'm pretty fair with light eyes and am using the lighter shade, #1, which has a yellowish tinge. This is great for those of us who need to correct redness around the nose and cheeks. The cream is somewhat thick, but tapping a small dab between two fingers warms it up, making it easy to apply. I can see that using too much could end up in a cakey look - the trick is to use a very small amount a little at a time, allowing it to melt into the skin. It has not caused any breakouts! Price-wise, it's not all that bad, since a tube can be ordered on Amazon for about $15 and you need to use so little. Plus - it replaces other products that you will no longer need, therein lies the savings!

I currently cleanse once at night with the OCM, use MUAC BHA and Mandelic acid peels weekly, low-cost Retinol and AHA/BHA serums (from Sally's) daily, and have recently added plain old, grocery store grapeseed oil to my arsenal since reading of its benefits on this indispensible site. My skin looks the best it has since I was ten. Now, that's saying something, since for most of my life I have routinely dealt with hormonal (sometimes cystic, painful) breakouts, the aftermath of scarring, excess oil, broken capillaries and large pores.

Recently, an aquaintance told me I have "beautiful skin" - my reaction was "...are you talkin' to me??'". I have to remind myself that it really does look better and I no longer have a blotchy, coarse-textured complexion punctuated by dark spots and gargantuan pores. It's not perfect, but possibly if I weren't so acutely self-conscious after years (uh, decades) of having to use mega-concealers, I might find it easier to believe. I highly recommend giving this a try - it's a wonderful product that addresses many concerns in a single application: acne/oil, large pores, offers realistic coverage, color correction and sun protection. It is helping me to feel more confident about my appearance - I love it and will repurchase.

25 out of 26 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 12:03:00 PM More reviews by zero347

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Finally an HG product! This is everything I was always hoping to find in a tinted moisturiser! It has more coverage than the western tm's but less than a full foundation whilst also having a higher spf and skin brightening ingredients. I generally set it with mineral powder for extra staying powder but have also gone out in just this in a pinch and it still looks great. The finish is glowy, but not shiny or greasy like western tm's tend to be.

It did not break me out even though I have acne prone skin and did not cause allergic reactions even though I tend to be sensitive. This product does have a light herbal scent, but it fades in seconds and I did not find it to be obtrusive.

The down sides of this product are the price and color choices. It's fairly expensive $45 USD and only comes in two colors, both of which are light. This was not a problem for me as I am asian/caucasian and have pale yellow toned skin, but the colors it comes in are not going to work for a lot of people. However, if you can find a match in your skin tone I would say "Give this a try!"

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2012 3:05:00 PM More reviews by petmyskurvette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Normally this BB cream is pretty pricey, but I got it on sale so it was a great price. I really like this BB cream! I have it in No. 2 Calm Beige, which matches my skin tone much better than my Missha Perfect Cover in No 23 did (No. 23 was too light/pink toned for me). I have light-medium yellow-toned skin. This BB cream looks really natural on, but covers minor flaws well as well as my pores. I really like the finish it gives my skin when I put it on. I usually don't have to use very much of this either to get the coverage where I want. I've also slept in it on accident a few nights and it hasn't broken me out or clogged my pores at all, which is amazing. Overall I am very, very pleased with this and would definitely buy it again, though the regular price might be a deterrent for that.