Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles

3.7

I have this problem where I read about a product that is raved about and I buy it, try it then hate it... This is one of those products. I wanted so badly to love it, but it's completely awful in my opinion. And not even that reasonably priced for drug store. The overall coverage is almost sheer, and when it dries it separates and looks patchy. No bueno. Especially under the eyes where I want full, bright coverage. Wanted to love it, actually despise it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really am impressed with this concealer. The coverage is full, does not crease, stays put, and is a breeze to blend! I have the worst time with concealers, and this one is definitely a winner. My father was Egyptian and the only trait I inherited was his dark circles... so I'm always looking for something to cover them without having to pile on product. I will be sticking with this for my undereye area from now on.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Wow super stoked at this, found it through Kathleenlights tutes and decided to give it a shot since it limboed under the twenty dollar price tag, so even if it was a fail I wouldn't be horrifically out of pocket like some of the other concealers featured as HGs. The plus side is it's easy to find at chemists and coles it's saved my butt a few times when I haven't been able to make it down to town! Still want to give the Mac counterpart a go so I'm looking forward to comparing the two! About a 7/10 coverage and sometimes I find going in with my finger (sin I know) to smooth out any inconsistencies but well worth it.

I find it isn't as thick as I'm used to, having mainly used the Max Factor Pan Stik as my go-to drug store product, but it hasn't got as much of an oily finish which is really great as it blends a bit better into the foundation. Hard to find the right shades sometimes as most only stock medium but worth it when you do!

I have this product in the brightener shade and it does not do much by way of concealing. I do have very dark circles and was not expecting a miracle, however this just changes the shade of my dark circles and actually accentuates how dark they are. It is a very weird silicone feeling product and just seemed to sit on my skin. This product also creased even when set! I have even tried using a high coverage concealer overtop and the top concealer just slides around.

Overall not worth it as a brightener or a concealer

I recently repurchased this concealer for the third time. I think it does a good job as a concealer. It's easy to work with.
The packaging is a bit unnecessary, but I also do occasionally appreciate the gentle method of applying the product through the sponge applicator --it is certainly very gentle with the eye area.
This is by no means a full coverage concealer, but still great for regular use.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

For reference- I have dry, flaky skin and I own this product in the shade "brightener".

This is a decent brightening concealer. The "brightener" shade is a very light, pink-toned color. It does well at brightening your face when applied under the eyes, down the bridge of the nose, and anywhere else you want to lighten. It blends well and isn't too heavy or cakey. However, it doesn't do much in the way of coverage. Being advertised as a "dark circle eraser", I would think that it would help cover up my dark circles. I don't have particularly bad undereye circles, but this does nothing for hiding them. Adding this to my undereye area just highlights the darkness (which draws attention to it), instead of concealing it and then brightening it. It requires layering over a higher coverage foundation or concealer to cover dark circles. The wear time is not great (it breaks down faster than my foundation, even when I set it) and it doesn't wear down evenly- it comes off in patches. The applicator is not very hygenic, either- there is product trapped in the sponge that can easily get exposed to bacteria. It makes application super easy, but it's something I would probably toss every 3-6 months.

Overall, if you have nice skin and just want a simple highlighting product, this is good. But if you have dark circles or uneven texture, this is not very forgiving and I would suggest a different option.

I have very light skin and this helps me with my under eye circles. My skin is very fair so my circles are pretty visible but this stuff it light enough to highlight my under eye area and covers up any darkness. It stays on pretty well and I like using it to highlight other areas of my face as well.

Did not cover dark circles, I could still see dark under my eyes. I need to use a corrector since mine are darker than normal. I guess it would work for those who have slight darkness.

For a concealer this isn't bad. It applies well under my eyes and masks some dark circles. I probably would benefit from a slightly different color, but the formula doesn't crease or look too dry or too greasy. I just dot it on and blend a bit and don't see any creasing or cracking later. I think if I found a better match for my undereye circles then I'd be happier.

used and LOVED!!! not cakey feeling! will purchase again!

Video Reviews & Tutorials