July 31, 2014 | 1463 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Pink Truffle

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by hippychic823

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty pinky-brown toned color that is sheer and glossy but with no awful frost or shimmer. The texture is great, very moisturizing. Staying power is...meh. But, it's a lip butter so I wasn't expecting it to be ultra long lasting. Even though its sheer, its still pretty pigmented (if that makes any sense??). I can see this color looking great on all skintones. Lots of reviews mention that this is a YLBB color and I can def see that. However, on me, this is what I use for a nude lip on my pigmented plummy pinkish toned lips. Every nude I've tried (and basically, you name it...I tried it) makes me look either ashy, zombie like, sick or like I just threw concealer on my lips. But, this color, on my olive toned skin (NARS Sheer Glow Barcelona shade) and my pigmented lips this is my HG nude. Sometimes I wear it on top of Revlon Pink Pout (which was my nude lipstick of choice before finding this one) or MAC Snob to tone the coolness of their pink down. And FYI: this on top of Pink Pout with Rimmel Natural lipliner is an amazing combo....if you're an olive tone with pigmented lips and have a hard time finding a nude lippie that doesn't make you look sick/dead/zombie give this a try. It's reasonably priced so if you don't like it you haven't wasted a ton of money. Plus, its texture allows for layering so if you don't like it on its own, you can always use it to layer with other products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2013 3:34:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

This is better than my Dior nude 'lip blushes'...similar concept (moisturizing sheer lipstick) but surprisingly, better execution by Revlon! More moisturizing, huge variety of colours, better formula (doesn't bleed, lasts longer than most $$ sheer lipsticks).... The glide n feel is that of a high end item. Pink truffle is a masterpiece. Perfect blend of rose, brown, slightly berry. For some ppl it may show up as too brown, but if you have medium to dark skin, this may be beautiful for you. This shade has gotten me so many compliments - i disagree w/ negative reviews- this may be my most fave lip product ever!!! I also like Sugar plum...most of the line is good but these two are very easy to wear and very flattering fr me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Niza9

This color is my favorite out of all the lip butters, next to Berry Smoothie. I really like that this shade does not contain any shimmer and is very creamy. Out of all the colors, I believe this one applies much more smoothly and very evenly. This is a good option if you are starting to experiment with different lip colors. It is a very natural looking color, yet it is very noticeable and quite beautiful. It is a great every day lip color and it is a very pretty color for the fall. I strongly recommend this shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2013 2:58:00 AM More reviews by sreyes21

I like it, but i'm not in love with it. I have been on the hunt for a MLBB lip color for everyday wear, and I thought that after reading all the good reviews and seeing it on others, that this would be it.

I don't hate it. I still think it's a nice color and it feels moisturizing, but I do feel it pulls off as more brown on me. I think it suits other skin tones better. I would prefer a little more pink.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by madein83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Beautiful pinky brown neutral color. It really is a "MLBB" for me which is great since it has been a long while since I've found one. I mainly bought this product cause I wanted to purchase another Revlon Lip Butter (Sweet Tart was my first buy during the summer months) that I can use in the fall/winter, but Pink Truffle is pretty much a seasonal color which is a plus. It was a toss up for me cause I was debating on on getting this or Sugar Plum, but the reviews on this made me feel like this one would be a better buy. Though I do plan on getting Sugar Plum in the near future :)

I purchased this at Target which was about $6 and some change which is a little cheaper than Walgreens or Walmart or other drugstores (believe me, I've checked). Although Walgreens had a buy one, get one half off a few weeks ago so that could be something to check out if it's still available.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Jessica24601

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have purchased roughly 8 lip sticks in the past 3 months because I am 37 now and trying to get out of wearing only gloss. I do a real heavy mascara-ed eye and often line my lids and sometimes my lower water-line. You get the picture as my onus is always on my eyes. Mascara is my vice when it comes to make up (I buy a new one every 3 wks and always have atleast 4 on the go, not to mention 3 coats each eye because my lashes are thin but luckily long, but sparse as heck!!). I do not wear shadow, blush or foundation. That being said I put a LOT of emphasis on my eyes and lips only. Pink Truffle out of all of the MANY I've purchased in the past few weeks is the only one I DEF will repurchase. I am part East Indian, so half the year my skin is beige-ish, but summer months more brown with red undertones. My reg lip color is brown and this is MLBB for me. Just the right amount of "shimmer" but sooo subtle (as I am too old to pull off frost and or sparkle), yet the right amount of subtle (pinkish but with mega brown undertone) color to blend into my lips. I am in transition from being a gloss girl to lipstick woman so this is the perfect go between. My lips are left feeling smooth, hydrated and have a nice shine all at the same time. LOVE this color and hope they do NOT dis-continue anytime soon. I know it can look good on ALL skin types too and not just mine because of that perfect mix of pink and brown. My new HG in DAY and NIGHT lip color. Revlon may not be my go to for mascara, but it is for lips at the drug store. Just perfect!! Enjoy ladies. Xo

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 2:41:00 AM More reviews by rockkchick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

my new HG MLBB! this officially replaced peach parfait as my most reached for lip product! and i have indian vanity case to thank for it!
this is the perfect shade for my nc25 skin, not sure if it'll look as good on fairer skin tone though as i have read some reviews and some say that i can look quite muddy on some certain skin tone

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by mickansley123

This is my holy grail lipstick! I am so in love with the hydration, shine and color it gives to your lips! Crazy pretty and fun to wear:)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 11:08:00 AM More reviews by incognito

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is just meh for me. Similar to the other Lip Butters, I find the texture too thick and cloying on the lips. Like other reviews have said, this shade is very close to "natural" for most people so it's basically a tinted lip balm. The packaging is annoying - the base is very short so it's hard to grasp it to get the lid off. Also, the swivel mechanism stopped working after only a few uses. Overall, I've found Revlon Lip Butters to be either underwhelming (like this one) or overwhelming (too bright and garish, e.g. Cherry Tart). EDIT: this dries out my lips badly.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by MamaChoobie

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favorite go-to lip product. I wear it over other lipsticks for extra shine and moisture, and it looks very nice by itself. Feels great, smells yummy. I'm going through these like crazy; Revlon: don't stop making these, please!!!