New York Color Pressed Translucent Powder

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Dimethicone/Kaolin/Zinc Stearate/Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate/Cetyl Dimethicone/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Ethylparaben/Propylparaben/Butylparaben/Isobutylparaben. May Contain Mica/Iron Oxides/Titanium Dioxide

on 7/22/2013 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

A few weeks ago I ran out of my favorite pressed powder, Mac Mineralized Finish. So I decided to use my moms, she is notorious for buying cheap makeup that makes her face look super cakey. Expecting the worst I tried it. It actually look pretty good on my skin. My mom also has very fair skin, while I have a natural tan, Luckily it is translucent. It kept me matte on my nose and worked well with my HG foundation, Revlon Color-stay. I have bought a pan of this and am very pleased, it is a GREAT price.In retrospect I'm glad I gave this product a chance.

on 4/19/2013 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I love this powder. Too often I've bought "translucent" powder and it goes on too chalky and light on my NC42 complexion. This one mattifies my oily skin and blends right in without making me pale. Plus it's so cheap! Love it!

on 4/13/2013 6:26:00 PM

For the price I love this stuff, staple product. Very light and natural.

on 3/2/2013 4:17:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

This is hands down the WORST powder I've ever tried. I love the NYC loose translucent powder, but since the packaging of that one kinda sucks I decided to try the pressed form. I used it about 2 or 3 times and then woke up one morning with breakouts over my forehead and upper cheeks. Like others have said, it also made my foundation look really cakey despite the fact that I always only apply setting powder with a light hand. Also, the smell is awful. Despite it being brand new, it smelled expired. I cannot recommend staying away from this enough. Cheap or not, I still returned it.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I did not like this pressed powder, it made my make up look cakey every time.

on 1/22/2013 2:19:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I'm usually a die hard Coty Airspun girl but I was having trouble figuring out loose powder in my vintage compact, so I bought this and depotted it to stick in there. It compares favorably with Airspun -- I swatched them side by side on my hand and this one is just as silky and finely milled. I would say it's not quite as invisible as Airspun translucent and has to be patted and finessed a bit more but it's pretty stinkin good for about $2. I am pretty pale but by no means the fairest person I know, and the Translucent works for me.

on 1/10/2013 7:02:00 AM

I regret buying this because of the chalk-look I achieved after using it.
I wish I had bought a colored finishing powder instead from this brand.
Will not repurchase.
Don't even know who this product would work for.

on 10/12/2012 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Gives me quite a white sheen, even after giving myself a light dusting of the stuff.

Its ok I guess, however I'd probably go for a slightly tinted finishing powder next time to avoid the chalky face look.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i love this product because it is really cheap but it is one of the best things i have ever bought. i use it every day and it is a good thing to just keep in your purse to touch up your face throughout the day!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I bought this for a dollar cause I was no where near a decent place to find makeup. I suggest you apply this with a brush or sacrifice looking like you're on coke. Overall, I was impressed that it kept me matte for an hour (I have extremely oily skin). But this product is filled with parabens and made me break out for the first time in a year. I just bought this for fun at a humongous dollar store I was having too much fun at. My skin is sensitive and it's worth spending $30 for a foundation that won't break you out but keep the skin healthier and match your skin tone.