New York Color Instant Lash Mascara

4.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

The instructions for this mascara are as follows. Gather a dollar or two in change and proceed to the nearest store that sells NYC, such as Walmart. Purchase NYC's Instant Lash mascara, which will likely be the cheapest mascara available in the beauty aisle. Keep your expectations low. Afterall, this is a truly dirt cheap and humble product. When you at last apply this, do not be alarmed by how gorgeous your lashes look, especially if you have fine, sparse, blonde lashes like mine. For one dollar, this mascara is fabulous. It provides volume and length, but dries very quickly and can be difficult to work with if you are fond of applying several coats. Smudging is minimal. The brush can become clumpy, which is simply fixed with a quick wipe of a tissue. For the price, it can easily be replaced every couple months. Sometimes my very sensitive eyes become irritated if I wear this all day. For bolder, darker lashes without the irritation, I prefer L'Oreal Voluminous, but otherwise, it's a dollar well spent.

I just bought this mascara for 1 dollar at Walmart and I love it so much. Just as good as the expensive ones but only a buck! Buy it!!!!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I really dig this mascara. I bought it on a whim at Walmart because I was feeling adventurous and it only cost a dollar. I am impressed! No, it's not perfect by any means, but for a freaking dollar? Pretty awesome. The formula is right in the middle in terms of consistency; not too thick and not too watery. It has a simple, straight brush which coats lashes well and easily (bottom lashes too).

It clumps a tiny bit, but nothing unbearable or tragic. It's a good 'natural' mascara that's buildable, and it's really dark. I think the simple packaging is cute, nice and slim, perfect to toss in your purse.

This mascara does flake a bit, and it makes my lashes feel crunchy once it's dry. It isn't a huge deal since I don't make a habit of touching my eyelashes, but sometimes my lashes can look a bit crispy when I wear this.

Despite that, I will definitely repurchase this bad boy, and I've already recommended it to other people.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Flaked/didn't do much for my lashes.

Personally not a fan for this $1.77 mascara. It did nothing positive for my lashes, just left them in big ugly clumps of shame. The formula was thick and kind of sticky making it impossible to coat threw my lashes.

I am constantly amazed by how products so cheap can work so well..

This may not be the most volumizing mascara, but for only 1.77 CAD it defines, lengthens, and holds a curl beautifully with absolutely no smudges or flakes. My previous favourite had been l'oreal voluminous but I had to finall accept that it smudged on me when my skunk became more oily but I can put this on my lower lashes with no problems.

It comes in a Long blue tube and a very long , thin comb-like wand which grabs the lashes amazingly.

Looks great on its own and layered on top of a volumizer, plus it's easy to remove (a huge factor for me because i don't want my mascara damaging my lashes)

I am definitely a NYC fan. Love their Smooth Skin makeup and now I found another product I really like. This mascara is very lengthening, layers well, and still has a natural look. I just wish I could find it in the black brown shade, like their discontinued waterproof mascara. I like this more than Maybelline's Lash Stiletto and it's much cheaper.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Let me start by saying, I didn't expect much from this, but I was surprised. This is one of my favorite mascaras, and no not because it is only one dollar. This mascara does not clump, at all. That is a rare find in mascaras, you can layer and layer this stuff and the lashes still look perfectly separated. This is definitely a lengthening mascara, not a voluminizing one. When you apply one coat your lashes look natural, but they do stand out. Usually when I hear natural with mascara, I yawn and say next, but this one is different. It makes you look like you were born with absolutely fabulous lashes. But you can apply layer after layer and the drama will build. I love it, and I am finicky when it comes to mascaras. The only con, is it can flake a tad, but I can forgive that. I will definitely buy this again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like voluminous long lashes. This gives me that great long, dark look that I want on a more natural/neutral look day. This doesn't give me the volume I want most days, but it is a great mascara for a look that is you, but slightly enhanced. This is a great basic mascara that is soft (not stiff) and incredibly affordable! I would highly recommend if you are look for a basic lengthening mascara.

I have worn it for many hours and have had no eye irritation from it, which is sometimes a problem. There was some minimal transfer to my under eye area, but I have yet to find a mascara that doesn't do that.

Check this out. If you don't like it then you aren't out much money. Hope you like it! :)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think it's important to differentiate between 'cheap' and 'good'. Many of the good ratings here will be because this product is good *for its price* rather than good in absolute terms. I found it to be perfectly fine for use when there's nothing better around. It coated and separated OK and took several hours to migrate, but migrate it did (slightly). The effect is not especially volumising or lengthening. It's fine, inoffensive, quite usable, but nothing to write home about.

Popular Mascaras