July 28, 2014 | 1409 users online

Mascara - New York Color - Instant Lash Mascara

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 10:34:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Personally not a fan for this $1.77 mascara. It did nothing positive for my lashes, just left them in big ugly clumps of shame. The formula was thick and kind of sticky making it impossible to coat threw my lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by new2makeup123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am constantly amazed by how products so cheap can work so well..

This may not be the most volumizing mascara, but for only 1.77 CAD it defines, lengthens, and holds a curl beautifully with absolutely no smudges or flakes. My previous favourite had been l'oreal voluminous but I had to finall accept that it smudged on me when my skunk became more oily but I can put this on my lower lashes with no problems.

It comes in a Long blue tube and a very long , thin comb-like wand which grabs the lashes amazingly.

Looks great on its own and layered on top of a volumizer, plus it's easy to remove (a huge factor for me because i don't want my mascara damaging my lashes)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by GaPeachy

I am definitely a NYC fan. Love their Smooth Skin makeup and now I found another product I really like. This mascara is very lengthening, layers well, and still has a natural look. I just wish I could find it in the black brown shade, like their discontinued waterproof mascara. I like this more than Maybelline's Lash Stiletto and it's much cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 3:52:00 AM More reviews by haleyhay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Let me start by saying, I didn't expect much from this, but I was surprised. This is one of my favorite mascaras, and no not because it is only one dollar. This mascara does not clump, at all. That is a rare find in mascaras, you can layer and layer this stuff and the lashes still look perfectly separated. This is definitely a lengthening mascara, not a voluminizing one. When you apply one coat your lashes look natural, but they do stand out. Usually when I hear natural with mascara, I yawn and say next, but this one is different. It makes you look like you were born with absolutely fabulous lashes. But you can apply layer after layer and the drama will build. I love it, and I am finicky when it comes to mascaras. The only con, is it can flake a tad, but I can forgive that. I will definitely buy this again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

I like voluminous long lashes. This gives me that great long, dark look that I want on a more natural/neutral look day. This doesn't give me the volume I want most days, but it is a great mascara for a look that is you, but slightly enhanced. This is a great basic mascara that is soft (not stiff) and incredibly affordable! I would highly recommend if you are look for a basic lengthening mascara.

I have worn it for many hours and have had no eye irritation from it, which is sometimes a problem. There was some minimal transfer to my under eye area, but I have yet to find a mascara that doesn't do that.

Check this out. If you don't like it then you aren't out much money. Hope you like it! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2012 3:41:00 AM More reviews by Delilabee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think it's important to differentiate between 'cheap' and 'good'. Many of the good ratings here will be because this product is good *for its price* rather than good in absolute terms. I found it to be perfectly fine for use when there's nothing better around. It coated and separated OK and took several hours to migrate, but migrate it did (slightly). The effect is not especially volumising or lengthening. It's fine, inoffensive, quite usable, but nothing to write home about.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Seadoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

Edit: I am changing to I will not rebuy. This is due to the brush NOT the mascara. For my lashes, the brush doesn't have the bristles close enough together to apply the product the way I like it go on without fussing with my lashes afterwards.

Great mascara, no smudging after wearing a full day in the heat. Washes off very easily. Lashes look lovely.
Will rebuy!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 10:37:00 AM More reviews by heenan

ok u guys were right again. awsome basic mascara that does not smudge even after all day wear on my stubby downward asian eyelashes! no scent or irritation or burning on my uber sensitive eyes! i used to use 2000 calorie by max factor( discontinued ) which is so very similar however mf thickens as well so what i found is i use instant lash as a base for lengthening, wait for it to dry then curl ( this mascara does not stick to curler at all and actually helps lashes curl better!) then go over it with nyc showtime mascara for thickening and volume...voila! love the effect and smudge free all day and my lashes look zactly the same at the end of the day as the morning! fyi i had to keep checking around at all the walmarts to find this so when i did i bought all 6 that were left on the shelf...at $1 big deal now im stocked :} fyi i was using physicians formula basic organic wear mascara which was great at lengthening anf thickening but smudged soooo bad

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Chas2761

After my last mascara purchase I was dissapointed in my cover girl mascara and didnt wanna spend much. I got this one at wallmart for 1$ and it is great, my lashes have never been longer. I was actually worried they would be to long if I had to apply a second coat, great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by cansal

Very good mascara for the price I paid. Can't beat $1. Good for every day use. Has a good brush. Kinda smudges when applied. Does not clump Over all pretty good mascara for this purpose.