April 16, 2014 | 939 users online

Eyeliner - Essence - Gel Eyeliner ] [DISCONTINUED]

• Price: $

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by reneefree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this in black and use it every single day. Extremely easy to apply, stays on all day and has a really good pigmentation. With the added plus of being ridiculously cheap, it gives high end brands a run for their money.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by DrGMart

The first time I tried this, I LOVED IT. Five dollars, and looks like it has significantly more product than any of the other gel liners I own. Glides on so smoothly, is very lightweight and creamy. However, the last two times I have purchased it, I have found it flakes a bit, but still very smooth and buttery-feeling upon application

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

So glad I finally got my hands on this! They're not available in the UK so I bought this in the US for around $3.

The packaging is similar to MAC's gel liners, in a small glass pot with a screw-on lid, and there is loads of product to get through. It lasts for ages as long as the lid is kept screwed on tight so the product doesn't dry out.

I use a Maybelline gel eye liner brush to apply (one of the free brushes with their gel liner pots). It applies wonderfully smooth in a true black colour and really does just glide on. Once applied it does dry quickly so my browbone is never smudged with product. Even when I'm out in humidity or when I'm sweating it stays put - even when my eyes are watering from allergies it doesn't run or smudge at all.

The negatives? They're not sold in the UK! I bought 3 of them at once so I won't run out soon. The other colours are discontinued and the black is the only one to stay, which is a shame as the formula is perfect.

I highly recommend this to anyone looking for an affordable and easy-to-use gel liner - I'd choose this over all of the high end ones any day.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Nitala

I think I love this more than my Maybelline one!

This a super black and smooth eyeliner and you get so much for the price (around $3 if I recall correctly).

I did some winged eyeliner one day and it stayed nice and dark all day with no smudging. Even when I was working a Saturday shift at a retail job and I was running around and sweating like crazy. This stuff is amazing.

This is my HG gel eyeliner. I would buy again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by FrankenDucky

I absolutely love this product. I picked it up one day [in black] at Ulta on a whim and have never turned back. I used to use the Maybelline gel liner but it seemed hard and clay-like. The Essence liner is so creamy and glides right on. I have oily lids and this stuff will not budge once it's dry. Right now, I use it almost daily for tightlining with an Elf concealer brush. It's such a strong, deep black.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

This is my first gel eyeliner in a jar. I find this product especially easy to apply with a sharp-angled brush, same as used for filling in my brows. The consistency of the gel itself has enough fluidity to glide across the lash line. And at the same time, it is not too much of a liquid to make it drip.

The color is really black. After testing out Bobby Brown and Laura Mercier gel eyeliner in Sephora, I can say that Essence matches up. Perhaps this eyeliner is not as long lasting as Tarte clay eyeliner. However, I found no problems getting this to last for 8-10 hrs in a heated environment. It may be not quite as blackest black as MAC fluidline gel eyeliner or the aforementioned. But it fits the bill.

And for $3.99 a LARGE jar. This stuff is literally as good as it gets. For a make up lover, it fits the bill of making you look beautiful. For youtube gurus with pricey products rolling their way, I can see why this one gets no mention. Much more product than any other gel eyeliner on the market in the pot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by ZebraPrints

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

What a wonderful product! Last so long! Super inexpensive and is just perfect. :) my HG gel eye liner forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by rc630

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This eyeliner is really something special. It is the only liner, in any form, that lasts on my waterline. And I mean all day, from when I do my makeup at 7:30 am to when I get home from the gym at 8 pm.
    It glides on nicely (I use the Maybelline eye studio gel liner brush) and works well for tightlining too. I wish I could find it in other colors than black!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Christinegem

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS. Incredibly black, long lasting, pigmented, smooth, easy to work with and is easy to take off if u have a makeup remover or moisturizer would do too. Overall I love it and it's perfect and cheap so give it a try or u'd be missing out aha only downside is that ur eyeliner brush gets all crusty when it dries and when u take off the eyeliner it's crusty but really no one cares about that and it's no big deal at all aha BUY IT NOW it's awesome. I find it better than the maybelline gel liner because it doesn't transfer to my eyelids (the maybelline I had wasnt waterproof but it still shouldnt transfer) just go buy the essence now :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by oatmeal15

Best eyeliner I've used.. it lasts all day, with good pigmentation.