July 22, 2014 | 1959 users online

Eyeliner - Essence - Gel Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 4:20:00 AM More reviews by Isti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great eyeliner with a very good staying power.
I even used it on my waterline and it didn't irritate my eyes.

It is very sad this product was DISCONTINUED. At least in Greece it is.
Bring it back!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by judywapner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Recently I went to Sephora and one of the artists taught me a weird technique of pushing gel eyeliner into the root of your lashes from UNDERNEATH. You pull your eyelid up and just smoosh in the eyeliner with an eyeliner brush...this forms a subtle line that makes your lashes look fuller. (I also look terrible with eyeliner ABOVE my lashline, so this was a cool trick to learn!) There is a certain name for this technique, but I've forgotten it.

Anyway, it works best with a waterproof gel eyeliner, which I didn't have and didn't want to buy the super expensive Nars eyeliner the artist used on me, so I used what I had, which was the Essence gel eyeliner.

It does migrate onto my undereye area a BIT during the day, but a quick swipe of my finger gets rid of that.

Overall I'm really loving this product. I've used a gel eyeliner before, I forget which brand but I know it was purchased from Sephora (probably a MUF or Stila?) and I remember it dryed out in the pot RIGHT AWAY! I've had the Essence eyeliner for over a year and it's still nice and moist in the pot!

I totally recommend trying this!

(I have it in black...not sure if they make other colours now?)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by mfguille

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

OILY EYELIDS REJOICE! I have tried every gel eyeliner out there but nothing passed the test except this. I have hooded, oily eyelids and this baby was awesome.

Fortunately I can now pick this up at Walgreens for about $3.50 rather than buy it online. The only thing I will complain about is the packaging. My eyeliner started drying up withing a week of buying it and I think it might be due to the loose lid. It is a glass jar but the lid does not screw on tightly no matter how hard I try. But even though its drier now it still works really great, but it works better with an angled eyeliner brush than a fine tip when its drier.

Highly recommend! It'll literally last all day on oily lids! For less than $4 you have nothing to lose.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by stimwink1

For the price this is an awsome everyday liner. I don't find it as transparent as others found it. It is very wet and you do need to apply carefully and let dry a few more seconds before applying falsies but for me this is awesomely easy to work with doesn't seem to dry out like other gel liners do.

My skin is drying out especially my lids. Even with watery eyes pencils no matter how creamy DRAG on me. So I need to use the "marker" style pens or gel liner. Since I kinda suck at winging my liner I need an easy product and this is it for me. I don't have the fade as I use ELF's eyeliner sealer and I get an 8+ hour look. I actually tried MAC at the store and found not black enough for me. Revlon dries out too fast. I haven't tried NYX but I have read a few people saying it was not black enough for them. So for now I'm sticking with this one until something "perfect" comes along.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by sidro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A steal ! Great consistency, stays all day, dries quickly. I have it in black and I will repurchase.. However my friend got it in brown and it was too dry to apply..So I stick to black

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by muzikmk18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I feel like the Essence brand is one of the most underrated drugstore brands ever. For the price, you definitely can't beat it - it was less than $5! It is a bit hard to find but you can buy it at Shoppers in Canada (only place I've seen it sold). Anyways, this gel liner is so creamy and long wearing & completely smudge and water proof.

I really don't have much to say about it except if you're looking for an affordable gel liner, this is it. It will not budge once it's set yet it comes off quite easily with makeup remover. The pigmentation is so deep and rich, there really isn't anything lacking from this product. I guess the only downside is that I could only find the black colour even though I know they have a few others (probably discontinued) but other than that, one of the best drugstore eyeliner I've ever discovered!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 6:29:00 AM More reviews by rsidancer

I am a makeup artist and have been using MAC for quite sometime. This is extremely comparable to MAC's blacktrack. it has amazing pigmentation, smooth consistency, and great lasting power! Essence is just showing us how much money we can save on great products when they dont spend the money on fancy products! Will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by reneefree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this in black and use it every single day. Extremely easy to apply, stays on all day and has a really good pigmentation. With the added plus of being ridiculously cheap, it gives high end brands a run for their money.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by DrGMart

The first time I tried this, I LOVED IT. Five dollars, and looks like it has significantly more product than any of the other gel liners I own. Glides on so smoothly, is very lightweight and creamy. However, the last two times I have purchased it, I have found it flakes a bit, but still very smooth and buttery-feeling upon application

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

So glad I finally got my hands on this! They're not available in the UK so I bought this in the US for around $3.

The packaging is similar to MAC's gel liners, in a small glass pot with a screw-on lid, and there is loads of product to get through. It lasts for ages as long as the lid is kept screwed on tight so the product doesn't dry out.

I use a Maybelline gel eye liner brush to apply (one of the free brushes with their gel liner pots). It applies wonderfully smooth in a true black colour and really does just glide on. Once applied it does dry quickly so my browbone is never smudged with product. Even when I'm out in humidity or when I'm sweating it stays put - even when my eyes are watering from allergies it doesn't run or smudge at all.

The negatives? They're not sold in the UK! I bought 3 of them at once so I won't run out soon. The other colours are discontinued and the black is the only one to stay, which is a shame as the formula is perfect.

I highly recommend this to anyone looking for an affordable and easy-to-use gel liner - I'd choose this over all of the high end ones any day.