November 23, 2014 | 1686 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2013 3:50:00 AM More reviews by VivienH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used Vitalumiere Aqua first (color 20) and was looking for something with a slightly warmer colour for the summer (I went for 25 Petale). Having said that it sounds pretty stupid to go for Vitalumiere for the summer as it is known to be a "dry skin foundation" but I have had some negative experience with matte foundations before so I like to stay away from those. I have normal skin, bit more dry in the winter, bit oily in the T zone in the summer. Unfortunately Vitalumiere was too oily for me. I love that it doesn't dry my skin out (some foundations do) it hydrates perfectly, the dewy glowing finish is there but it proved a tad too oily for my skin, even when set with powder afterwards. The other problem was that I found it to have too much of a coverage. As said, I have normal skin and don't need a heavy coverage but maybe there's a much bigger difference between Vitalumiere and V Aqua than I thought. I still haven't tried Vitalumiere for the winter though, maybe it will work better when my skin is much drier.

All in all, consistency is great, colours are beautiful, packaging is beautiful, stays put for 4-5 hours, this foundation is designed for dry skin and for people looking for medium coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by apkeating

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I went to my Chanel counter to request a sample of this before I bit the bullet and paid the $50+ for it. I still haven't bought it yet but I got a healthy sample with 5-6 uses and I love it already. I already wear Vitalumiere Aqua, which is gorgeous, but I heard this one was more hydrating and I have MASSIVELY dry and flaky skin, even in Florida humidity.

People who say they hate this foundation are 99% of the time OILY and need something like Mat Lumiere which is more suited to their skin. Why their Chanel girl wouldn't tell them this? Who knows. But for those of us who are insanely dry, this is beautiful. It keeps me more hydrated than any other base I've tried, including VA, which is counterintuitive. The finish is the cliche "dewy" but not shiny everyone wants and I don't have to powder (but if I choose to it doesn't cake). The packaging is beautiful glass which is nicer than the VA which is a cheap plastic (my only problem with a $45 chanel foundation).

I also feel that this stays on my skin better. The colors are slightly fewer (there aren't the "rose" shades, and I wear B30 in VA and B20 in this (although I can probably wear B30 in the summer), so make sure to get matched-they likely aren't the same. PS, if you're super pale, the lightest shade will likely be too dark for you. I'm NC30-35 and I only wear the 2nd or 3rd lightest color. I'm not sure how long the bottle will last seeing as I'm making myself use up my VA before I go buy it for real. But I'm certain it will be my HG, nothing else has worn on me this well.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2013 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Amerah

This is a really pretty foundation, it looks quite natural, doesn't look really cakey or anything like that but the thing is for me I don't see It standing out from any other foundation that I have used...yeah it's beautiful on the skin but not the best foundation for me to re purchase:)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2013 7:23:00 AM More reviews by Katatdaffwood

Having decided to have a total beauty overhall and having read so much hype about vitalumiere I decided to give it a go! What a huge disappointment - the luminous claim just made me look oily, there was very little coverage and by mid morning I needed to blot which pretty much removed any remaining traces. I have combination skin, dry cheeks and slightly oily t-zone, I always prefer a liquid foundation but found this one to be very runny (I did shake). I usually opt for light/medium coverage with wearability, sorry Chanel, you did not tick any boxes!

They say you get what you pay for but in this instance you certainly do not.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by abigailrw

This is a lovely foundation. It disappears on my (combination, rosacea-prone) skin unlike any other foundation I've tried, and really works to neutralize redness and provide a wonderful dewy finish. The color is also great--it can be pretty hard to find a light yellow-based foundation for someone as pale as me, but the Beige 10 shade is absolutely perfect. I put it on with my fingers over moisturized skin and it applies perfectly every time, without any special effort or thought.

The coverage is pretty sheer and will not cover blemishes or hyperpigmentation--you need a concealer for that. It lasts a whole day on me, although I will get shiny towards the late afternoon.

My main problem with this foundation is that if I wear it for several days in a row, it clogs my pores and I end up with little bumps on my skin, so I save it for special occasions or days when my skin looks especially bad. As someone who doesn't wear foundation every day, this is okay with me, but for someone who wants something to wear foundation daily, I suggest getting a few samples and trying it out for a week before purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by sithstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is a beautiful and natural looking foundation - would recommend for those with dry skin. photographs exceptionally well - makes you look like you are not wearing makeup classy as. i suppose if you have spots etc it wont cover them up too good so probably good for people who have pretty clear skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Jhe9488

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Summary: $55 + tax in the US; beautiful packaging; amazing dewy, light coverage, lightly scented foundation for dry to very dry skin which covers all the flakes; if you have oily skin or want more coverage, this is not the foundation for you

I wear 0.7, ivory, the lightest shade and its a perfect color match for me in winter. I bronze it up with Soleil Tan de Chanel for summer. I love love love this foundation. The Vitalumiere Aqua has been my HG foundation for a long time but Samantha Chapman of the Pixiwoo sisters raves about this foundation for dry skin so I figured I would give it a try, especially since I have been searching for a dewy foundation for quite a while. I have combination skin with extremely dry cheeks and normal-ish (occasionally oily) t-zone and this foundation is absolutely perfect. I apply it with a buffing brush. It has a great light scent; its more lightly scented than the Aqua since I know many people don't like how strongly fragranced that one is. I don't see any flakiness, it feels really moisturizing and it hides my pores in my t-zone and leaves a great dewy finish. Its definitely not a long wearing foundation but it does last me all day if I wear a primer.

If you have oily skin, then you probably will hate this foundation as it is oil based and will probably leave you very shiny. Although multiple people at various Chanel counters have told me that this is more medium coverage and heavier than the Aqua, I do find this actually lighter and less buildable, which is perfect for me as I like very light coverage, but if you're looking for something with higher coverage, then this is also probably not for you. If you are very pale, you may also have trouble finding the right shade as I consider myself as having a fair-medium complexion and I wear the lightest shade.

I also love the packaging. It comes in a luxurious glass bottle and has a pump, which is a must (I'm looking at you Nars Sheer Glow). The packaging is definitely superior to the Aqua.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Jas19281928

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG foundation right here. If you have dry, flaky skin then look no further - this is the answer! People like me with dry - very dry skin will know how hard it is to find a nice, moisturising foundation that sits nicely on dry skin. I have bought around 30 foundations in my hunt and have only recently found this. Along with my YSL touche eclat foundation this is perfect! The only slight issue I have is the colour. I have B10 which is yellow toned so GREAT for my yellow toned skin but, being the lightest colour, it is very dark in my opinion. I am very fair, I wear nc15 in mac and this is just too dark to be the lightest shade but saying that it is very sheer and light on the skin so can definitely be blended out to make the colour difference less obvious... anyway. It is very expensive at £34 but I will definitely be repurchasing this when I run out. Bare in mind that it is very light coverage so isn't going to cover everything but is just awesome for evening out the skin tone and giving you a really healthy glow. LOVE this and would recommend trying it out if you have dry skin :) (oily skin - beware!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by sarahfeeni

This is my HG foundation, without a doubt. In truth, it is THE ONLY foundation I have ever been abe to wear. 99.9% of foundation products do not work with my super dry skin. Even the most expensive brands would sit awkwardy on my skin and highlight every flake and dry patch etc... In addition, I have NEVER had such an accurate color match. ( I wear color 30 "cendre"). It is the exact color of my skin. There is no weird, falsey pale or falsely tan look and no weird white hue from the sunscreen.

Others have described this as "dewy" and I would agree with that though truly to me this is a subtle dewiness and really just looks normal and healthy. I realize that this is because of how very dry my skin is. Prior to this I only wore Aveda tinted moisturizer and I'd say that the products are on par with each other but Chanel has far more color options. I find this foundation to be full coverage and I generally dilute it slightly with face lotion. (I do not like thick, heavy makeup).

I've gone through three bottles of this and will continue to purchase

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Mibs

I bought this foundation after the lovely girl at the Chanel counter applied it to my face (I needed to be colour matched as I lose a lot of colouring over winter). The colour she chose suited me perfectly and it hydrated my skin (which at the time it was unusually dry).
I usually wear Perfection Lumiere in 50 Beige. so I thought because it was winter and my skin usually dries out I should give VitaLumiere a go.

I have used this product for about 2 weeks and I find it very oily. I apply it the same way as my Perfection Lumiere (and other foundations) however this one just slides off my skin. Which last happened to me with the Revlon Airbrush Mousse Foundation however, that could have been because I was in Darwin, Australia which is so humid/hot your face will melt off without any foundation.

I also found out if I lean on something with my face when I move away there is a mark of foundation left behind.. Which is horrifying when you go shopping and try on a white knit and feel so bad you buy it because you left a hideous makeup stain on the neck line, even if it didn't suit you!! This had never happened to me before wearing this foundation, I barely touched the edge of the knit with my jawline and smeared product all over it..!

I am disappointed in this product mainly because of the price AUD$86!! I think that is more expensive than my Perfection Lumiere.

I will continue to use this product on really dry skin days but would not rush out to buy another bottle.