Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Radiance

4.1

(Aqua), Hydrogenated Didecene, Glycerin, Pvp, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Sorbitan Stearate, Mica (Ci 77019), Cetyl Alcohol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/ Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Propylene Glycol Isostearate, Glyceryl Isostearate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Boron Nitride, Squalane, Caprylyl Glycol, Oleth-25, Ceteth-25

on 5/16/2014 12:36:00 AM

Not for my very oily skin, which is a shame because it gives my skin an amazing glow.

PROS:
- Consistency: thick, lotion like. Absorbs into the skin well and blends easily
- color: nice shimmery pink/bronzey color which adds a beautiful subtle glow under foundation
- the shimmer is not chunky or glittery which allows it to look very natural
- scent: very subtle, I do not believe there is fragrance added
- size of the product: I thought it was very expensive, until I saw the size of the bottle. It gives a large amount of product for the price (compared to smashbox which is my current primer)

CONS:
- not good for my oily skin. I found it to be moisturizing, so my makeup started to slide around after a few hours
- the shimmer can build up in places if you do not blend it out thoroughly
- compared to drugstore or other primers, it can be expensive
- doesn't lengthen my makeup wear. If anything, it made my makeup last not as long compared to no primer at all

I ended up returning this primer because it did not cause my makeup to last longer, as a primer should. This product would probably work better for people with dry/dull skin.

on 5/11/2014 11:25:00 AM

This was part of Sephora's Laura Mercier 500-point perk. I'm a big sucker for dewy finishes, so this was a great find for me. It primes your face well and adds a glow to it at the same time.

on 4/29/2014 4:09:00 PM

I have had this for several years, and almost never use it. So for the past couple of days, I used it on half of my face (right side), and used another primer on the rest of my face, to compare them. The other one (Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer), fared much better, though I am not sure that I think that primer is necessary for me. This one, to start, doesn't blend smoothly. I use my fingers, and feel like it kind of drags. The color is also a turnoff. Too dark, and frosty gold. It also makes it look like I have giant pores on my cheeks, when in actuality they are almost invisible. And it does nothing to combat oil. By the end of the day, the right side of my face was quite oily.

on 4/1/2014 4:10:00 PM

I have been using this product for about a year, not really sure if it was ever doing anything. The SA just suggested I get it when I got a foundation match at the counter. My tube is almost empty, so in an effort to save money and cut down on the amount of products I put on my face in the morning (sunscreen, primer, foundation, concealer, setting powder, then Hourglass Dim Light) I thought I would skip it for a few mornings to see if I could tell a difference.

It does seem that this primer makes my make up look better. The few days I went without it, my face make up looked drier, and looked duller. I wouldn't say that this primer makes make up last an astoundingly long time, but perhaps extends it a bit for the day. Like I mentioned, the biggest issue I saw was the dry/dull look I had, and the powders didn't quite set right either, they were more noticeable( and the wonderful thing about my powders is that they aren't noticeable at all, but still make my skin look airbrushed). So, I guess I will be repurchasing.

It does have a very very subtle shimmer when dispensed out of the tube, but once it is on your face, your face just looks kind of glowy, slightly on the "heavy" dewey side. That effect pretty much goes away once I put foundation over it. So really this just does a good job of hydrating my skin and helping foundation apply better.

For reference, I have dry skin but a normal T-zone. I think this primer is well suited for dry skin types, if I were oily, I'd steer clear, has the potential to be too shiny/oily looking due to the shimmer.

4 stars because I didn't notice a big difference in how long my make up stayed fresh without vs. with the primer.

on 4/1/2014 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

A beautiful primer free from any silicones!?! YES!!! That is one of the BIGGEST reasons why I love this product. Most priming products contain a bunch of silicone which breaks me out like none other. LM contains none. Instead it contains Squalane, vitamins A, C, and E...and Jojoba oil. All ingredients that are actually GOOD for your skin! Also, it gives the most perfect "glow" under any foundation while helping whatever you're applying over go on smooth and evenly. I mix this with my Nars Sheer Glow to actually get a sheer, glowy foundation. I also apply it alone and dust with a little mineral powder for more natural days. The light diffusing pigments help to blur any imperfections on your skin....and I def get away with using less foundation over this....and my skin still looks flawless! I would say due to all the moisturizing properties this product is best on normal to dry skin. It would add WAY too much moisture to already oily skin types! I am normal and instead of moisturizing before makeup in a AM I sometimes just use this by itself. If you were really dry you may want to use your regular moisturizer, then this. I apply with my normal flat top stippler....which I also use for foundation. I have applied this in a hurry with my fingertips, and it goes on just as beautifully. If you're looking for something to brighten up your skin and give a beautiful radiance....this does exactly that, like the name implies!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I received this as a 100 point perk gift from Sephora. I've heard all the hype about Laura Mercier primers on youtube and from friends, and wanted to give it a go. I received this primer in the "Bronze Brilliance" shade and was a little scared when I squeezed it out of the tube at first. It looked orange, and way too dark for my skin. Fortunately however, when applied it blended into my skin seamlessly and gave me a most beautiful bronze, luminous glow. When I put my foundation over it, it looked so nice and dewy (not oily!). It does have a bit of shimmer in it, but it's not super noticeable. Sometimes I like to mix this with my foundation, and it gives me the most gorgeous finish. Though lasting-power wise, it did not really seem to prolong the wear of my foundation, nor did it feel very soft and velvety on the skin like most face primers do. It felt very greasy and slick when applied. It didn't seem to make me oily throughout the day, which was nice considering I have oily/combination skin. Overall, this was an OK primer. I would not purchase the full size of this. I feel as if there are much better foundation primers out there that are more worth the price than this one, as this one is super expensive! I will finish my sample, though. Plus, the packaging is great as well! Love squeeze tubes. (:

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is a great primer if you have clear issue free skin because I can see where it might cause grief for some folks. I love it paired up with my Bobbi Brown Mineral Foundation. Gives me a nice subtle glow. I received a deluxe sample size of this from Sephora and a little goes a long way so I don't see myself using this up anytime soon.

on 3/20/2014 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

love it

on 3/15/2014 3:12:00 PM

Works well as a primer, my mu stays put longer, or at least doesn't sepárate or cake at the end of the day. Also, it imparts a nice radiance, but it won't show trough that much if you wear heavy coverage foundation.

I recommend purchasing travel size as a great way to try it out.

on 11/29/2013 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Lovely primer. I can see why so many people love her primers. It has a unique texture more like the consistency of a thin moisturizer. It absorbs very quickly and leaves my skin looking very awake and glowy without leaving any visible glitter on my face. Foundation applies beautifully over top. I do not however think that this primer increases the longevity of my foundation, but that wasn't why I was buying it. Its a wonderful step to add to your base especially if you have dry/dull skin.