Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Radiance

4.2

(Aqua), Hydrogenated Didecene, Glycerin, Pvp, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Sorbitan Stearate, Mica (Ci 77019), Cetyl Alcohol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/ Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Propylene Glycol Isostearate, Glyceryl Isostearate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Boron Nitride, Squalane, Caprylyl Glycol, Oleth-25, Ceteth-25

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I received this as a 100 point perk gift from Sephora. I've heard all the hype about Laura Mercier primers on youtube and from friends, and wanted to give it a go. I received this primer in the "Bronze Brilliance" shade and was a little scared when I squeezed it out of the tube at first. It looked orange, and way too dark for my skin. Fortunately however, when applied it blended into my skin seamlessly and gave me a most beautiful bronze, luminous glow. When I put my foundation over it, it looked so nice and dewy (not oily!). It does have a bit of shimmer in it, but it's not super noticeable. Sometimes I like to mix this with my foundation, and it gives me the most gorgeous finish. Though lasting-power wise, it did not really seem to prolong the wear of my foundation, nor did it feel very soft and velvety on the skin like most face primers do. It felt very greasy and slick when applied. It didn't seem to make me oily throughout the day, which was nice considering I have oily/combination skin. Overall, this was an OK primer. I would not purchase the full size of this. I feel as if there are much better foundation primers out there that are more worth the price than this one, as this one is super expensive! I will finish my sample, though. Plus, the packaging is great as well! Love squeeze tubes. (:

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is a great primer if you have clear issue free skin because I can see where it might cause grief for some folks. I love it paired up with my Bobbi Brown Mineral Foundation. Gives me a nice subtle glow. I received a deluxe sample size of this from Sephora and a little goes a long way so I don't see myself using this up anytime soon.

on 3/20/2014 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

love it

on 3/15/2014 3:12:00 PM

Works well as a primer, my mu stays put longer, or at least doesn't sepárate or cake at the end of the day. Also, it imparts a nice radiance, but it won't show trough that much if you wear heavy coverage foundation.

I recommend purchasing travel size as a great way to try it out.

on 11/29/2013 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Lovely primer. I can see why so many people love her primers. It has a unique texture more like the consistency of a thin moisturizer. It absorbs very quickly and leaves my skin looking very awake and glowy without leaving any visible glitter on my face. Foundation applies beautifully over top. I do not however think that this primer increases the longevity of my foundation, but that wasn't why I was buying it. Its a wonderful step to add to your base especially if you have dry/dull skin.

on 11/11/2013 6:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Really enjoy this product, normally suffer from dry skin and its an excellent base to work off.
When I'm just ducking out for milk or to run errands I pop some of this on and translucent powder and its honestly enough.
A couple of times I've forgotten to prime and you can really notice the difference.
Have already bought again and will continue to do so!
Really loving LM's products!!

on 11/4/2013 9:35:00 PM

I love this foundation primer. I does feel a bit oily, so oily skinned ladies beware, and definitely does not prolong the wear of my foundation that much. However, that being said, this stuff looks absolutely amazing under light coverage foundation and mixed in with medium to full coverage foundations.

Personally, I love using this stuff with mineral foundation on top (I use the Laura Mercier one, which I love). Mineral foundation on its own has a very natural finish, but sometimes I just want that oomph without looking very excessively highlighted and this absolutely does the trick. Because the powder is very light coverage, this primer shows through and gives you a great glow. It also looks great under ultra-light liquid foundations and I have used it a lot under my Vitalumiere Aqua.

A little bit goes a long way and I have barely made a dent in my tube after six months of frequent use.

on 10/9/2013 5:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I got one of those tiny samples that Sephora gives out and while I didn't appreciate it while it lasted, I'm really missing it now that it's gone. I usually use Clinique's pore-minimizing primer and I like it, but the Laura Mercier product is a little more substantial and really does light up my face. It's pricey, which is a problem, but I imagine that a full-size tube will last a long time. It's very light and smooth, and a little goes a long way. Very nice product (if it was available in the country I live in, I'd run out and buy it right now).

on 10/7/2013 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love the finish and Dewey look it gives me, I would definitely buy it if I had the money to. I put it over my cc cream and I look so naturally refreshed without looking so tired all the time. It worked on my friend who had large pores and oily skin. I'm dry with oily t-zone and it really doesn't feel that greasy, it doesn't even really smell which is a plus because I usually hate creams and extra stuff on my face. Super cute finish, I look so awake and it's worth a sample at least, go to sephora!

on 8/7/2013 1:53:00 AM

Comparing this to the Laura Mercier Foundation Primer, this is better. However, if you've got oily skin, it's not really going to help your foundation stay in place. My foundation starts to run around my nose area by mid-day.

You get a lot of product for the full-size tube. I think it's going to take me a really long time to finish using it.

Popular Primer/ Correctors