Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Instant Perfector

3.4

cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymersilica, isononyl isononanoate, isododecane, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, vinyl dimethicone/methicone silesequioxane crosspolymer, polymethyl methacrylate, lauroyl lysine, hydrolyzed soy protein, ethylhexylglycerin, stearyl glycyrrhetinate, phytosteryl/octyldodecyl lauroyl glutamate, methicone, tocopheryl acetate, coconut acid, water, phenoxethanol, +/- mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, and carmine.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

WARNING - If you have acne run from this. Do not stop and try it - just speed past it. I have acne, but was not having any flare ups. I tried this along with the matching correcting serum and my acne flared badly. A week and 3 days later I am still having a major flare up of painful cyst style pimples. When I looked at the ingredients I found Dimethcone which explains a lot. Even though this does smooth the skin it is not worth the breakouts in the long term.

on 1/23/2013 5:24:00 AM

This was recommended to me by my hairdresser as her HG product, and it definitely works for her. I really wanted this to work for me but it just doesn't. I've tried using it many times in different ways but it never really seems to make my pores look smaller at all, even on my cheeks which aren't all that visible, but still obvious if looked closely.

This was also really expensive for a tiny tube even if you only need a tiny tiny amount everytime, I also feel like it really accentuates any dry areas more than anything which I do not like.

Overall, I heard great things and seen real results but didn't work for me.

on 10/29/2012 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This product is AWESOME! I see a better effect when I apply it over my make up, it makes my skin look much clearer, smoother and almost flawless and my skin has never been close to flawless! By looking at the reviews I wasn't sure if this product would work but it did. It made my pores look a bit smaller and it definitely prevents you from getting more spots.

The reason WHY I have given the product 4 stars overall is because of the price, it isn't affordable but cheaper than the rest of the products for the pores and you know what, if the amount given was at LEAST 30ml, it would have been okay. BUT 15ml!? That's just being greedy now. :( Well, at least this makes my skin look good, that's all I care about! Yay :)

UPDATE - Whenever I apply this over my make up, it takes some of my foundation off and you can see my marks again. So that's a shame. And it doesn't prevent my spots anymore, that was just a 'beginners luck' I guess?

on 10/15/2012 3:14:00 PM

This stuff is fantastic! I totally agree with Adennert's review below. I don't use this as a "pore minimizer" either, in fact I think it should be renamed since it's more of a tinted primer/mattifier. The Invisible Light shade is perfect for my skin tone, blending in perfectly and since I don't wear much foundation, only tinted moisturizer, this eliminates shine in my T-Zone while looking completely natural. Totally reduces the need for soo many of those blotting papers. Love it.

on 7/19/2012 4:28:00 AM

HORRIBLE. Did nothing to refine my pores or control oil. Feels like a greasy mask on my face. Within an hour, my makeup was combined with my natural skin oils and this stuff. Save your money, this was a waste!

on 6/18/2012 6:04:00 AM

This product is such a life-saver. I love it! It is my HG oil-control solution. I purchased the invisible bright shade. However, I honestly don't use it to minimize pores. Re-brand this formula, Clinique! No more blotting papers.

I originally purchased it as a primer, but I have found that I like it much better when applied AFTER my liquid foundation has set, and AFTER I've powdered. It is honestly like liquid blotting papers. If my t-zone is a little oily during the day, I can spread the tiniest amount across my forehead and nose and it mattifies, fills pores, and diffuses light brilliantly. I would definitely re-purchase this product, and it is always in my purse for on the go touch ups.

For reference, I use the Korres Pomegranate Mattifying Primer, Clinique Acne Solutions Foundation, Maybeline Dream Matte Powder (or MUFE Super Matte Loose), and Skindinavia Setting Spray. I apply this either immediately after my makeup has set, or a few hours into the morning, and no more after that. I find that it helps with the longevity of my make-up, and it is really the only thing I touch up in a 14-16 hour day. It also blends seamlessly, and helps my make-up from looking too cakey. Brilliant! I honestly wouldn't go anywhere without this. It has taken the place of horrendous blotting papers!

on 6/10/2012 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I really like this primer. It is the best one so far that I've used. I don't wear foundation (just powder), so I wanted something to keep shine at bay. I have REALLY oily skin and this stuff keeps me shine free all day and into the night. I apply it only to my problem areas after washing my face. I do find it will accenuate dryness, so if I notice any, I just use some oil free moisturizer (I've found it works better to use the primer first, then moisturizer if necessary). I went to an outdoor wedding in 90+ degree weather (humid too) and my face stayed perfect. That was the true test for me! I wish the consistency was a little thinner, but aside from that, it's wonderful for me. The past few years I have tried many mattifying primers and nothing has worked for me as well as this one.

on 4/23/2012 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Great product! Keeps my face flawless all day! Use it before you put your foundation on, and you could probably add a teeny bit more after you powder. Result will be a matte, evened out, and "airbrushed" effect. Wonderful!

on 4/15/2012 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This was reformulated last year and it no longer works to control oil as well as it used to. Whereas the previous formulation kept my t-zone matte almost all day long, the new version only works for about an hour or two. This used to be the best t-zone mattifier out there, ime. Why do companies always have to reformulate? The products always seem to get worse. I never used this as a primer under foundation so I can't comment on that. I just use it on my t-zone over sunscreen. I gave it 3 stars because it does make your skin look smoother and a bit blurred but for oil-control look elswhere.

on 4/15/2012 10:07:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

As I have tried so many foundations recently I wondered if maybe I should just try a primer and then maybe the foundations would look better/stay on longer/be more mattifying. Wrong. I always thought my skin was dry or combination. But with all the products I've tried recently I now know that I have very combination skin with dry cheeks and eyes and oily t zone. I never get spots, even as a teen I only ever had the odd white head! The only sensitivity I have is to some shampoos or conditioners like fructis which gives me bumps on my hairline! My skin is quite transluscent, you can see fine veins through it, very fair with pink cheeks. When I come out if the shower I am bright red!

I tried this primer for a week and my nose has never been more greasy and I have lumpy itchiness on my cheeks and the sides of my nose. I even got a bright red zit on the end of my nose and yesterday my cheek flared up all red and sore. As I usually have problem free skin apart from being a bit pink, this is a horrifying result lol. Don't waste your hard earned cash. I'm off out to buy a light moisturizer for sensitive skin now!