November 22, 2014 | 828 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Clinique - Pore Refining Solutions Instant Perfector

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2012 4:28:00 AM More reviews by Daniela7474

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

HORRIBLE. Did nothing to refine my pores or control oil. Feels like a greasy mask on my face. Within an hour, my makeup was combined with my natural skin oils and this stuff. Save your money, this was a waste!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2012 6:04:00 AM More reviews by adennert

This product is such a life-saver. I love it! It is my HG oil-control solution. I purchased the invisible bright shade. However, I honestly don't use it to minimize pores. Re-brand this formula, Clinique! No more blotting papers.

I originally purchased it as a primer, but I have found that I like it much better when applied AFTER my liquid foundation has set, and AFTER I've powdered. It is honestly like liquid blotting papers. If my t-zone is a little oily during the day, I can spread the tiniest amount across my forehead and nose and it mattifies, fills pores, and diffuses light brilliantly. I would definitely re-purchase this product, and it is always in my purse for on the go touch ups.

For reference, I use the Korres Pomegranate Mattifying Primer, Clinique Acne Solutions Foundation, Maybeline Dream Matte Powder (or MUFE Super Matte Loose), and Skindinavia Setting Spray. I apply this either immediately after my makeup has set, or a few hours into the morning, and no more after that. I find that it helps with the longevity of my make-up, and it is really the only thing I touch up in a 14-16 hour day. It also blends seamlessly, and helps my make-up from looking too cakey. Brilliant! I honestly wouldn't go anywhere without this. It has taken the place of horrendous blotting papers!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 9:53:00 PM More reviews by VBaricelli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this primer. It is the best one so far that I've used. I don't wear foundation (just powder), so I wanted something to keep shine at bay. I have REALLY oily skin and this stuff keeps me shine free all day and into the night. I apply it only to my problem areas after washing my face. I do find it will accenuate dryness, so if I notice any, I just use some oil free moisturizer (I've found it works better to use the primer first, then moisturizer if necessary). I went to an outdoor wedding in 90+ degree weather (humid too) and my face stayed perfect. That was the true test for me! I wish the consistency was a little thinner, but aside from that, it's wonderful for me. The past few years I have tried many mattifying primers and nothing has worked for me as well as this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great product! Keeps my face flawless all day! Use it before you put your foundation on, and you could probably add a teeny bit more after you powder. Result will be a matte, evened out, and "airbrushed" effect. Wonderful!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 1:49:00 PM More reviews by luxed2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was reformulated last year and it no longer works to control oil as well as it used to. Whereas the previous formulation kept my t-zone matte almost all day long, the new version only works for about an hour or two. This used to be the best t-zone mattifier out there, ime. Why do companies always have to reformulate? The products always seem to get worse. I never used this as a primer under foundation so I can't comment on that. I just use it on my t-zone over sunscreen. I gave it 3 stars because it does make your skin look smoother and a bit blurred but for oil-control look elswhere.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 10:07:00 AM More reviews by vickibetty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

As I have tried so many foundations recently I wondered if maybe I should just try a primer and then maybe the foundations would look better/stay on longer/be more mattifying. Wrong. I always thought my skin was dry or combination. But with all the products I've tried recently I now know that I have very combination skin with dry cheeks and eyes and oily t zone. I never get spots, even as a teen I only ever had the odd white head! The only sensitivity I have is to some shampoos or conditioners like fructis which gives me bumps on my hairline! My skin is quite transluscent, you can see fine veins through it, very fair with pink cheeks. When I come out if the shower I am bright red!

I tried this primer for a week and my nose has never been more greasy and I have lumpy itchiness on my cheeks and the sides of my nose. I even got a bright red zit on the end of my nose and yesterday my cheek flared up all red and sore. As I usually have problem free skin apart from being a bit pink, this is a horrifying result lol. Don't waste your hard earned cash. I'm off out to buy a light moisturizer for sensitive skin now!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2012 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Shaypril

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a good product. I use the tinted one and my pores werent invisible but they were noticably diminished, especially after foundation. What I love about this product is that it helps dramatically with my oily t-zone. I apply this to my t-zone area (where I can get a lot of oil) and throughout the day I will only get a little oil at the most. Overall, if you have nice skin this will make your t-zone look perfect, and if you have troubled skin, it will make it look much better. I cant really complain about anything except for the price maybe.. Doesnt rub off, doesnt smell, doesnt clogg pores, i]and is great for sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2012 4:50:00 PM More reviews by naziaahmed

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Its reasonably good. Helps my foundation to last longer and feels really good on the skin. It doesn't have a major difference on the size of pores but there is a noticeable difference.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by PeachFuzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I didn't see any real difference with the appearance of my skin or lasting power of my foundation. I would not purchase this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by janetbustamante

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don´t understand how people could like this stuff!! This thing is so horrible. It can´t be used as a primer cause after i aply my foundation (MAC) it just let my face so CAKEY! I prefer the smashbox photoready primer, at least it does not let my skin looks so fake.