Victoria's Secret Angel Eau De Parfum

4.3

on 12/25/2011 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is not the usual fruity candy floss scent!! I usually shy away from Amber based perfume since it does not agree with my body chemistry, but this is very different. The violets add a gentleness to the scent On my skin, this fragrance opens with very intense and sexy notes of plum and violet. After that Itís a rush of muted sweet musky florals that quickly settles on my skin into a soft, warm, muskiness that is almost gourmand in nature. But, I would say this is a definite try before you buy since looking at the beautiful pink bottle with wings attached on the back (which btw I LOVE) ,one would probably assume that this would be a sweet young girly fragrance like some other VS scents but this seems a little more sophisticated.

A LITTLE BIT OF INFO-Victoria's Secret Angel is a sexy and confident fragrance on an icon, composed of sparkling notes of plum, sheer violet and amber. Available as 75 ml EDP. Victoriaís Secret Angel was launched in 2011.The perfect balance between vibrant freshness and sultry warmth, this new eau de parfum captures all the thrill, glamour and spotlight that a new Victoriaís Secret Angel experiences. The notes include plum, violet, pink pepper, gardenia, amber, musk and , and agarwood (Oud).

ALSO- agarwood (Oud) can drive the price of scents up so I suspect it is a synthetic used.

BOTTOM LINE- I am happy with it but I am not like OMG. The bottle is fab but the scent is nice I do not love it and I don't hate it. My s/o loves this on me. But One thing that I do REALLY like that I find uncommon, is that it is suitable for day and night. I would consider this more of a day scent but with the light muted warm muskiness it obtains it can be pulled off If I use more,since I like my night fragrance to be a tad stronger. I not sure if I wouold repurchase this since I love to try different fragrances but I sure will keep the bottle on my dresser after I am done with it.

on 12/22/2011 12:09:00 AM

This is the best fragrance coming out of Victoria's Secret. It is fruity, fresh and sexy all at the same time. Plus, it has great sillage and staying power. What more could you ask for? Most of their fragrances all smell this same, but this one is very unique. I hope they don't discontinue it like they tend to do with everything.

on 12/17/2011 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I have to admit, part of what drew me to this was the pretty, winged bottle, but the sample in my catalog smelled really nice also, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I love it! My favorite VS scent in a while, coming in second only to Dream Angels Forever. I hope this isn't just a holiday fragrance because I will keep it in my collection as long as it's available. I think it's a bit more complex than some of their other recent offers (not that I dislike them, but they're all so similar). My boyfriend loves it also, so big plus. :)

on 12/17/2011 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

The more I wear this perfume- the more I am loving it! This is one of the only VS scents that agrees with my chemistry and does not give me a migraine headache. It is very unique and fairly expensive smelling. This is the type of scent that I would expect to sample at a very high end perfume counter. It smells slightly fruity and tart, yet clean/floral/woodsy at the same time. It is gorgeous and sexy smelling. Way to go VS- this one is a keeper!

UPDATE: notes listed from Now smell this blog: The notes include plum, violet, pink pepper, gardenia, amber, musk and agarwood (Oud).

on 12/7/2011 12:05:00 AM

I LOVE this scent! LOVE LOVE LOVE! There are quite a few VS scents I dont care for - which I havent written reviews for yet, but I really do Love this one. It smells so nice. Fresh, fruity, and sexy all at the same time! Maybe a lil bit musky too? As this scent wears off/ drys down, it smells just as good as it did when first sprayed, just softer. I was so nervous about buying this without smelling it first because I ordered online during a sale, and i got it for $25, when it is normally $59! So glad I took the plunge. Not only is this bottle adorable, the smell is lovely! I hope this stays in their lineup of fragrances, because if it does I will keep buyng.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Angel Perfume comes in the prettiest bottle with angel wings...has violet,amber,plum...smells like violets to me...smells nice in the body mist...

on 11/22/2011 8:27:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I haven't bought this yet, but probably will. I sampled it while shopping and liked it. Would describe as a woodsy floral, fresh with a little sweetness and a bit musky on the drydown. It's not as sweet or powdery as some other VS scents, and seems more sophisticated. On first sniff it smelled familiar to me, and I realized it smells a lot like Ralph Lauren Romance, except a little more fruity.

on 11/14/2011 2:01:00 AM

I haven't actually bought this fragrance but I work at Victoria's Secret as a make-up artist and I sampled it today. It does smell very good... Clean and Feminine are the words that come to mind. The staying power is really good but for me at least I just don't think I'll be purchasing it. I'm a guy who wears women's fragrances but this one is just TOO feminine for me.

EDIT: So I've sampled this a couple more times since my initial review and have completely changed my mind. I actually LOVE this perfume and the packaging could not be any cuter! It would be an amazing addition to anyone's perfume collection! It's also on sale for 25$ right now! Getting my first bottle in a couple of days.

on 11/9/2011 10:04:00 AM

I started wearing Dream Angels Heavenly back in college when it was first launched... my husband swears it's his favorite, but I have sort of fallen out of favor with it, opting instead for cedar/lemon fragrances (like D&G Light Blue) that have a cleaner, more decidedly androgynous feel to them. I sniffed this new Angel in the catalog and immediately went out to get it! It's clean, but warm (ideal, for me) without being overpowering. Unlike Heavenly, which I start to dislike after the drydown, there is no part of this new Angel that I dislike... the bottle is darling, and I think it's just clean enough for everyday, just sexy enough to keep me from disappearing in front of my husband. Win win!

on 11/8/2011 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

got this in the mist....nice clean scent....just spray and go....fresh and lil soft and powdery....but not heavy...nice in cold weather...a keeper....very holiday!

Popular Fragrances