July 29, 2014 | 2200 users online

Scrubs - GLAMGLOW - Mud Mask

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by FlawlessLeopard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have heard so much hype about this product so I had to try. I purchased the small size for $21.00 since $60.00 for a face mask is a bit ridiculous (almost the price of a facial!). My husband and I both tried this out. I must say, he had better results than I did. The mask goes on thin which I liked, except for the chucks of leaves which was just uncomfortable. The product dried very tight which is good for a mask. I washed it off and my face did look smooth and bright. This effect only lasted me till the next morning when my face looked no different and was dry. I have sensitive skin so this may be the reason why. My husband on the other hand his skin was glowing for days.

I would not re-buy due to the price, its insane for the amount you get and the fact I saw barely any difference. Even the small jar is enough for only three uses. I will stick to my Vichy mask that I love!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I do not use masks and I was very skeptical of this at first. The only reason I tried it was because I got free samples from Sephora.

Holy cow. This is like a vacuum for the face. Like a 10x stronger, mud version of those Biore Pore strips. I used this at night before I went to bed. I couldn't decipher results immediately after I removed it, because my skin was all red and puffy from the tingle of the mask. When I woke up the next morning, my face was clearer than it's ever been since before puberty. All these years, I blamed my uneven, dull complexion on severe scarring from acne and poor pigmentation. But after using this mask, I now know it's actually all the dark sebum build up in pores and blackheads that makes my complexion look uneven. Eww. All of that was GONE after this mask. My skin didn't feel any softer to the touch, but the pores were cleared! I think that's what the whole "brightness" thing is about - clearing away the dark crap inside your pores. I went for about two or three days after that application until my face went back to it's normal, greasy sebum state.

Because it is that powerful, I probably wouldn't use this more than twice a week. I am kind of afraid that this will cause negative rebound effects in my skin. I'm sure it's also pulling out all the good oils as well. I'll update this review as I use it more.

I would definitely recommend using this the day before a special event of some kind. You can probably get a good sample from Sephora.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2014 12:34:00 AM More reviews by makeupmehappy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm chuckling as I write this because honestly, at my age, I should know better. But I just *had* to see what the fuss was about, so I purchased a full size on eBay. It was still expensive, but not full retail. I liked the scent and the thick consistency. I could have done without the leaves and twigs, but I get that they're part of the gimmick. Overall, it performed no better or no worse than any other clay-based mask I've used (and I've used many; they're all pretty similar). What really aggravated me was that it dried out before I even finished half the jar. And I always capped it tightly after use. So all in all, it gets a NO from me. But if, like me, you just have to experience if for yourself, get a sample or purchase for less than retail.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After reading and hearing many great reviews about it, I went to Sephora to get a free sample. It's just too expensive to purchase ($69 regular small size, and $19 for extra small size), so get a sample to try it out first (and try on a small part of your face to be sure you do not have burning reaction).
- It does tingle and burn a bit (or more than a bit as my skin is sensitive), however I have tried many different enzyme masks and peels - so I know - it's ok, it has to be that way. Feels like glycolic acid peel, except the tingling did not go away after a minute or two with this mask.
- The tea leaves are kind of in a way and annoying... Not sure what's the purpose of those.
- After washing my face (not exfoliating because it's already a bit harsh on skin) my skin looked amazing! All pores clean and barely visible, my skin feels so smooth and clean.
I love, love, love this mask!!! Better than any other clay or mud mask that I have tried before.
Note: I tried it on my husband's nose (he has large pores on nose) and wow - what a difference! His pores shrunk completely. This mask does an amazing job!
I know people say that mask in a bigger jar (for $69) dries out before finished, so I will purchase $19 one and use it only on my T zone. (Sometimes I apply it on my nose only - after a day when I have had lots of foundation for many hours).
- Buttom line: Expensive but worth it! It really does an amazing job!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2014 12:03:00 AM More reviews by teenofchrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It smells bad and it is not worth the hype! It was such a let down! The product says that it will give you a glow and also just work wonders for your face but it does nothing. The product says on the front that it is a tingle exfoliant treatment but the second i put it on it started to sting my face! I thought I was having an allergic reaction or something but it literally stings your face. No joke pure pain on my face! Idk what the hype is about. It's outrageously expensive and painful!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2014 2:45:00 AM More reviews by MakeupLoverML

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of Glamglow from Sephora and I must say that I am unhappy about this mud mask. I have used Glycolic in high level of concentration and have little pain but this one hurts my face! I took this off as soon as it touched my face. My eyes turned red and watery due to the pain I got while putting it on. It felt like I smothered myself with super hot sauce and gritty stuff on my face at the same time!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2014 11:43:00 AM More reviews by sentientglittercloud

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received this yesterday as a 100 point bonus in store at Sephora, and was so excited because it is all the rage right now. I am happy to report it is not more wonderful than my beloved and long used Fango mud mask. It exfoliates as you put it on and wash it off, sure. It feels like it deep cleans, yes. It has a lovely smell and wonderful texture, thinner than most mud masks. But I didn't see anything here that would make me change HG mud masks. So. move along people, the show is over.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by pillager13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Got this as a sample yesterday from Sephora. My skin is not sensitive at all and I have used retinol products for years with no peeling or irritation. The minute I put this on my skin it started burning. Not glycolic acid tingly, but like I was using sandpaper on my skin. I took it off immediately, but my face feels really tight and looks red and splotchy. My kids asked me if I had been crying, I look so bad. I have never had such a bad reaction to a product. Glad this was a sample because there's no way I would purchase this (and it's really expensive). I also wasn't prepared for the tea leaves in it. They are kind of disgusting. This is one of the worst products I've tried in a very long time and I'm kind of a product junkie.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by allymack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got a sample of this from Sephora with a purchase. I read the reviews here, but my skin is unbelievable resilient and I've never had issues with sensitivity before, so I thought I'd take the plunge.
I washed my face and started to apply it. The stinging started almost immediately, and I didn't even finish applying it before I had to wash it off. It was THAT BAD. Seriously painful. After thoroughly washing it off, I moisturized with jojoba oil, and the next day the skin on my nose (the only place I applied it fully) was coming off in large flakes (sorry, grossness). It took a few days before the dryness and flaking stopped.
I did not notice any improvement to my skin whatsoever. So, as someone who has never had issues with reactions to products, take it from me. This stuff is not worth shelling out your hard-earned monies for. Just get the Queen Helene Mint Julep mask. That stuff is the bomb and cheap as hell.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Kori3307

I have been seeing a lot of different opinions with this mask. I had gotten a sample of this from Sephora, and with one use I knew I was going to love it! Now I have the full size! I left this mask on for about an hour (yes, that is a long time) but, I really wanted to get my money's worth out of it...because as you can see it is very pricey! When you first apply it, it is of a dark gray/brown color...but when this product dries it almost turns a mint green. I loved watching how my face reacted to this mask; you could see on my nose that it was sucking out all of those oils from throughout the day. This mask is a little rough when applying, that is because of the tea leaves that are in it. Those leaves are used to exfoliate when rinsing this mask off! This product left my skin feeling fresh, felt like my pores were less noticeable, and my skin felt tight and lifted than it did before applying this. I would recommend people first to try a sample size, just in case this mask does not work out for you!
- Kori