October 22, 2014 | 1423 users online

Masks - GLAMGLOW - Mud Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 4:58:00 AM More reviews by mikioi

I really really love this mask. All you need is a thin layer. After use my skin feels super soft and clean & my pores look smaller. I will purchase again, i just wish it wasnt so pricey.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 7:37:00 PM More reviews by reeds2983

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great intense exfoliator for the face; especially if a chemical and glycolic peel aren't quite your thing.

Of course, the key to a radiant complexion does not start with primers, bronzers, setting powder, and whatever else you slather on your face. It instead begins with a fresh, deeply cleansed, and intensely exfoliated face. Exfoliation rids the face of dead skin cells that make your skin dull, lifeless, and cause your make-up to cake. Exfoliating reveals the new, fresh skin underneath making your face radiant! But you don't always have to go to a spa for to get an intense exfoliation- besides who has the money. You can do it at home.

It's simple. Cleanse with your facial cleanser, rinse, dry, and apply the mud. The mud is gritty and rough, so apply gently to avoid bruising your face. Cover the entire face avoiding eye and lip area. It will tingle!!!!!! If you have sensitive skin, it may tingle a lot!!! But it's bearable :). Be a big girl and let it set for about 10 minutes or as long as your face can stand it.

Rinse and pat your face dry. Then, of course, apply your moisturizer and eye cream,and wake up with a brighter, smoother face! Use it twice a week ONLY for the best results!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by valentina555

This is a good product, but is it worth the price? I think it is fair to say that this mask would be at a 80%+ re-purchase rating if it was $10, or even $35. But at $76CDN (and I've seen it for $85CDN), it has a lot of proving to do.

Foremost, I think this is an excellent product. It works quickly, cleanses thoroughly, and the scrub-removal makes it double duty. My skin looks really good after I use it. Does it work better than bentonite clay ie Aztec Secret? It dries much faster. It doesn't leave my face red. It doesn't require mixing. It is gentler. Those are the benefits. On it's own merit, I would consider this a re-purchasable product; it is the best mask I've ever used (pre-mixed or otherwise). FOR THE PRICE THOUGH, I can easily see why most sane people with average incomes would rather spend a small iota of the price on a dry clay powder. For a lady or gent who isn't bothered by the price though, I'd consider this a must-have.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by DefunktPistol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought the sample size at my local Sephora to test this baby out and see if this was the amazing jar of miracles everyone had raved about. I applied a thin layer on my face,washed it off and went to bed. I had no pimples when I went to bed...only clear skin, but when I woke up BAM! three huge white heads on my chin and one on the side of my nose. What a waste of $20. Glad I didn't by the full size! Packaging is cute but the product did not worn for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by maria91

My feelings are a bit mixed for this product. It's quite good, certainly above average BUT not that good to explain the very steep price tag. For 50 for a tiny pot I'd expect it to work nothing less than miracles.

Which it doesn't.

Pros:
I find that you only need a tiny bit - a thin layer will work just fine
I did feel that my skin was softer and I could certainly feel it tingle while on my skin
Although as soon as I took it off my skin was a bit red, by the next morning it looked quite improved: my spots were smaller and not as red.

Cons:
Very expensive
It may be a bit harsh for sensitive skins - I have a normal to oily skin and still felt a bit harsh. I also know a couple of people with sensitive skin who had to wash it off after a couple of minutes because they couldn't take the (harsh) tingle.
As soon as it dries, it sets like cement! I could hardly move my lips to talk. I didn't mind, but some people may find it uncomfortable.

Overall very nice, but I wouldn't buy it (I actually received this as a sample to try out) because I still find it overpriced. If you're after a clay mask this good, there are plenty of other equally good masks on the high street which are much cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 8:56:00 AM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh how I wanted not to like this mask! I went to Sephora a few months ago and got 2 sample sachets, one of the white mask and one of the black. I used the white one first, as I had more faith in it after reading the reviews, and was very meh about it, it didn't do anything good or bad for my skin.
Then I decided to try the black one, despite the poor reviews. Wow. I absolutely loved it, it left my face smooth, glowing and more even toned, pores looked much smaller.
I don't have active acne but I still get the odd hormonal cyst that never comes to a head, and my face is oily/combo, slightly dehydrated, and unevenly pigmented from old acne scars.

I applied a thin layer and let it dry. I could tell it was ready to wash out when the color turned into a light, mint green. I didn't scrub my face though, I just patted warm water on until it liquefied, then washed it off. After drying, I applied my regular moisturizer, and for the next 3-4 days my face looked great. So much so, that I decided to purchase the small size from Sephora, which is priced reasonably if you want to make sure this product is good for you, before splurging on the large size. I will probably keep buying the small size though.

The leaves don't bother me at all, they are pretty cool. And I love the tea scent. I don't experience any burning, tingling or anything even remotely uncomfortable, not even that uncomfortable tightness I usually get with clay masks. It does feel tight when it dries, but not in a bad way.

I think this mask is awesome, and a great pick me up while on vacation when you don't want to carry too many treatments and exfoliants with you.

I expected the worst from this product, and I was proven wrong :)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2014 2:34:00 PM More reviews by MariahGabrielle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased the GlamGlow Youth Mud in the black container. They offer the smaller "trial" sizes at my sephora for $20. I wanted to try it out before purchasing the near $70 full size. All I can say is, it only made my skin feel soft afterwards which I can get from any mask well under $10. I find it wasn't exfoliatin other than the leaves inside. I won't be repurchasing this product. I do however love the white mask. The super mud works amazing

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2014 5:29:00 AM More reviews by darthodis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

Love the tingly sensation it gives. I actually see difference in my skin after I use this, it gives me a nice glow and refreshes my skin. But the result doesn't last for long, even when I've used it regularly. I like the concept, and it's a good facial mask; but not really worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by camerrim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I already have pretty nice skin, but this is my new secret weapon before big events, special dates, or when I break out thanks to shark week. I didn't feel any tingling or painful sensation, and I do leave it on for 20 minutes. It's very pricy, but I figure it's like getting a facial and lasts me about one to two months, so it's worth it. I find it sucks out all of the crap from my nose, and surrounding my nose and makes me look like a porcelain doll even without make up on.

Bottom line; it's worth it, get it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by emileesays

I got both the Clearing Mud mask, and the Youth Tingle Exfoliating mask for $69 during the BOGO christmas deal online. However $69 for just one is pretty steep. Regardless, I do love these masks!
The Clearing mud mask:
-Best for oily/combination skin
-T zone application, or spot treatment
-I use this on my t zone weekly, and as a spot treament when needed...What I love about it is it makes some of my breakouts dissappear within 2 days. Rather than other spot treatments which will just speed up the development of the breakout.
-A little too drying to use every 3 days as recommended on box

Youth Tingle Exfoliating:
-The tingle definitely is intense, but nothing thats too crazy to handle. It feels refreshing
-When removing the mask you have to rub it around with water-as if you are washing your face- to get the exfoliation.
-Gives a "flushed" glow
I like to use both my Cera Ve PM moisturizer and Josie Maran Argan Oil right after.

I'm a fan, don't know that I will spend $69 for just one though.