August 1, 2014 | 1271 users online

Concealers - NARS - Concealer Stick

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2012 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Sunkissed101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was a generally caky concealer. I wouldn't say it's plainly "horrible", because it provides quite nice coverage and matched my skin perfectly, but it caked up so much it looked "obvious", especially under my eyes. The packaging is chic and slim, perfect for travel, but on a person with oily-combo skin, I was surprised at how thick it looked on my skin. No, it didn't break me out, and yes, it kept me matte, but it was very thick and noticeably on my under-eyes, nose, and smile lines around my eyes. It didn't crease on me though, but it did look very "powdery" on the skin, and was one of the most driest concealer sticks I've ever used. I believe you can get a way better deal for the amount of money this costed...heck, even the Maybelline "Fit Me" concealer might beat this! Check out brands like Sonia Kashuk (I love their concealer palette), or Revlon (they have an AMAZING stick concealer), and if you're looking for a higher-end brand I recommend Benefit's "Boi-ing", Bobbi Brown's "Creamy Concealer Kit", Make-Up Forever "Full-Cover Concealer", or Amazing Cosmetics famous "Amazing Concealer".
Thanks!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2012 4:13:00 PM More reviews by km1704

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Imo, it's notoriously difficult to find the "perfect" concealer. I've been moving around to different concealers over the years, remaining loyal to a particular product for maybe 1-2 tubes but then moving on..

I love this concealer for UNDER EYES - great color match for my skin, great coverage without being cakey (just need to be sure to moisturize), and highly buildable. I use this only for undereye circles and maybe a dot here or there on my face -- for around my nose and chin I use a more liquid-y concealer pen because that area of my skin can be quite dry... So I wouldn't dare use this product there as it would look cakey.

I just repurchased my second tube, because it's that good for my undereye circles, which I absolutely MUST cover every day before leaving the house (one of my few daily makeup rituals...) HOWEVER. the biggest con for me is that it barely lasts! I used my last tube up in about 2-3 months, I think? Max... which is virtually unheard of for me. Over the years, my concealers have lasted at least 6 months, usually 1 yr... So that is very annoying. I'm going to be more careful this time around, instead of applying the stick directly to my eye area I'm going to dab it on my fingertip and apply it carefully and sparingly, even if it takes a bit longer... I can't afford to re-purchase this damn thing every 2 months! Wish they would make it in a bigger tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by mtishawt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this concealer. This concealer is a perfect match to my skin so its great for just spot coverage when I don't feel like wearing a whole face of product. I use a brush when I'm not crunched for time to apply and then I stipple with my fingers. I am very happy with this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by princessface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This concealer is pretty terrible. I have it in Chantily; it does little to conceal and wears away so easily. I find it cakey (despite having oily skin) particularly under the eyes. I do, however, enjoy using it to lighten up my foundations and other concealers, thereby making them the perfect colour for concealing dark circles. At least there's a silver lining.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by sweetiesweetie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I was matched to Chantilly by the SA at SEPHORA, which made me surprised because it looked so light in the tube. Apparently I am though. Okay LOL It's nothing special. There are no special ingredients and special effects, it just does it's job as a concealer well. I never tried it for the under eyes though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2012 6:16:00 PM More reviews by uraznbabygurl

I think this concealer's selling point (at least, for me) is its unique texture. It's not waxy/greasy like all the cream concealers I've tried. It's actually quite dry to the touch, but it applies very smoothly without dragging. I expected this to dry very matte. Surprisingly, it kind of 'melds' into a semi-matte finish that does not look cakey at all. I would say that this gives medium coverage initially. It can definitely be built to full coverage, though. For reference, I wear NARS Sheer Matte/Glow in Fiji. I use Honey to brighten my under-eye area and Custard for blemishes. I do wish that the concealer duos came in these two colors, though!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by luisareyna

Coverage is mediocre.. finish is great but I find that the wear is poor. I also find that this creases under my eyes within an hour or so, so I ultimately have to restrict use to blemishes and hyper pigmentation.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by beauty121

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have really dark circles under my eyes and severe acne, so I picked this up because it is labeled as full coverage. I just swipe a little over the area I want to cover and BAM, it's gone.

FORMULA:
Very Opaque and smooth. It blends really well and with very little effort, and covers almost everything, while still feeling lightweight. My only complaint is that it sometimes cakes slightly if the skin underneath isn't moisturized.

COLOR:
I wear the color Vanilla (yellow toned with a small amount of pink in it) but for winter I'll probably have to switch to Chantilly. For now though, Vanilla is a perfect match for my skin.

PACKAGING:
It comes in a slim, lightweight tube, similar to a lipstick or gloss. It has a twist-up stick of product inside and weighs 0.07 ounces.

All things considered, this is a great concealer and definitely worth the money. I'd buy it again, but if Nars could keep it from caking it would be absolutely perfect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by xtinahb

Purchased in Custard for my NC30/C4/Barcelona (SG) light tan Asian complexion. It has a unique texture: dry to the touch, but creamy when you pat it on. It starts a little chalky, but then my skin soaks it in and looks dewy and natural in a couple hours. Nars foundations and concealers are the only skin bases that look better the longer I wear them throughout the day. The Concealer stick is great for redness, uneven areas, and blemishes. Not great under my eyes since it's a bit drier than I want in that area, but will use in a pinch. The Custard color is spot on for me when I wear with SG in Barcelona or the Nars TM in St. Moritz.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by LadyKolie

Skin tone: Nc/Nw 07-10 or Nars Gobi (currently in July)

I have started likely more and more Nars products lately.

I do like this concealer. I use two shades depending on what I want to cover. Vanilla and Chantilly. Vanilla for covering darker spots, days when I have had less sleep, or as a highlight. I like the Chantilly shade as a corrector for brightening the inner corner of my eyes or covering a blemish that is mostly healed.

I actually use a lip brush to apply them. And smooth out with fingertips or a damp sponge depending on space. I find they apply smoothly this way. I do think they crease a little more under my eyes than say the Kat Von D tattoo concealer. I always use a primer and a setting powder.

However I think I like Nars Concealer with Nars Sheer glow foundation. I think they blend well together.

Has any one else noticed how this is the exact same packaging for Nars Concealer as for Nars Matte lipsticks? I looked at the ingredients list on the packaging and they contained the exact same base (obviously different color choices). I just thought I would mention that. I have to read the labels to see what color I am about to apply when I want to use my nude matte lipstick (Madere) because the shade is only a smidgen peachier than Chantilly concealer. Ha.