October 1, 2014 | 2015 users online

Concealers - NARS - Concealer Stick

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Suil

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The color selection, which I believe is the same as the former version of this product, is very good. I'm a neutral PPP and have worn "honey" for years. Although the new skinnier tube takes up less room in your bag, I prefer the older, creamier, more buildable version. Looking forward to trying the "radiant concealer" -- a creamy non-stick version. Very good coverage. If don't like the new version, would probably repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by seannetta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Several reviews have mentioned cakeyness and dryness. I do find my face needs to be really well moisturized for this to apply well, but as long as my face is good and primed, then I like this concealer a lot. I rub it on my finger and then pat on my face where needed. I really like the buildable coverage this way, and it can cover a lot where needed. In fact, I often use it instead of foundation, just patting it over my face on my red spots and blemishes. Seems to wear well on my skin too, and it doesn't cause me to break out. It also comes in a colour fair & pink enough for my nearly-transparent skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by iheartowls55

This is the best stick concealer I own. I think it's pretty easy for almost anyone to find a shade that fits her without too much trouble. The formula is long-lasting and it will cover just about anything. If you're having problems with it feeling tough when you apply it straight from the stick, try running a couple swatches on the back of your hand to warm it up. I use this lightly and I don't have any problems with cakiness whatsoever. It's such a nice formula, you don't have to apply too much. Mine has a nice pink undertone which is perfect for my under eyes. Plus, it's only just a little over $20, which is a lot for a stick concealer, but not for one that's so high quality. I love it, and I'll buy it again and again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by FeeFee34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Mine does nothing. Iím very pale, but maybe I needed a darker color (I have this in the lightest shade, Pure Ivory); however, this product seems to be sheer, period, regardless of the tone. It hides dark circles and evens out skin tone a teeny tiny bit, but no way would I repurchase. I thought it would be handy and effective, but it goes on too dry and too lightly. For me, it isnít heavy enough to turn cakey, but itís not at all moisturizing and doesnít feel good going on. This would be okay if it was dirt cheap, but really it does virtually nothing on my fair skin, so . . . no repurchase and no recommendation.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2012 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Sunkissed101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was a generally caky concealer. I wouldn't say it's plainly "horrible", because it provides quite nice coverage and matched my skin perfectly, but it caked up so much it looked "obvious", especially under my eyes. The packaging is chic and slim, perfect for travel, but on a person with oily-combo skin, I was surprised at how thick it looked on my skin. No, it didn't break me out, and yes, it kept me matte, but it was very thick and noticeably on my under-eyes, nose, and smile lines around my eyes. It didn't crease on me though, but it did look very "powdery" on the skin, and was one of the most driest concealer sticks I've ever used. I believe you can get a way better deal for the amount of money this costed...heck, even the Maybelline "Fit Me" concealer might beat this! Check out brands like Sonia Kashuk (I love their concealer palette), or Revlon (they have an AMAZING stick concealer), and if you're looking for a higher-end brand I recommend Benefit's "Boi-ing", Bobbi Brown's "Creamy Concealer Kit", Make-Up Forever "Full-Cover Concealer", or Amazing Cosmetics famous "Amazing Concealer".
Thanks!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2012 4:13:00 PM More reviews by km1704

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Imo, it's notoriously difficult to find the "perfect" concealer. I've been moving around to different concealers over the years, remaining loyal to a particular product for maybe 1-2 tubes but then moving on..

I love this concealer for UNDER EYES - great color match for my skin, great coverage without being cakey (just need to be sure to moisturize), and highly buildable. I use this only for undereye circles and maybe a dot here or there on my face -- for around my nose and chin I use a more liquid-y concealer pen because that area of my skin can be quite dry... So I wouldn't dare use this product there as it would look cakey.

I just repurchased my second tube, because it's that good for my undereye circles, which I absolutely MUST cover every day before leaving the house (one of my few daily makeup rituals...) HOWEVER. the biggest con for me is that it barely lasts! I used my last tube up in about 2-3 months, I think? Max... which is virtually unheard of for me. Over the years, my concealers have lasted at least 6 months, usually 1 yr... So that is very annoying. I'm going to be more careful this time around, instead of applying the stick directly to my eye area I'm going to dab it on my fingertip and apply it carefully and sparingly, even if it takes a bit longer... I can't afford to re-purchase this damn thing every 2 months! Wish they would make it in a bigger tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by mtishawt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this concealer. This concealer is a perfect match to my skin so its great for just spot coverage when I don't feel like wearing a whole face of product. I use a brush when I'm not crunched for time to apply and then I stipple with my fingers. I am very happy with this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by princessface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This concealer is pretty terrible. I have it in Chantily; it does little to conceal and wears away so easily. I find it cakey (despite having oily skin) particularly under the eyes. I do, however, enjoy using it to lighten up my foundations and other concealers, thereby making them the perfect colour for concealing dark circles. At least there's a silver lining.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by sweetiesweetie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I was matched to Chantilly by the SA at SEPHORA, which made me surprised because it looked so light in the tube. Apparently I am though. Okay LOL It's nothing special. There are no special ingredients and special effects, it just does it's job as a concealer well. I never tried it for the under eyes though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2012 6:16:00 PM More reviews by uraznbabygurl

I think this concealer's selling point (at least, for me) is its unique texture. It's not waxy/greasy like all the cream concealers I've tried. It's actually quite dry to the touch, but it applies very smoothly without dragging. I expected this to dry very matte. Surprisingly, it kind of 'melds' into a semi-matte finish that does not look cakey at all. I would say that this gives medium coverage initially. It can definitely be built to full coverage, though. For reference, I wear NARS Sheer Matte/Glow in Fiji. I use Honey to brighten my under-eye area and Custard for blemishes. I do wish that the concealer duos came in these two colors, though!