December 22, 2014 | 1093 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous False Fiber Lashes

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by xtinahb

I seem to have bad luck with all L'oreal mascaras and this is no exception. I bought this fiber formula hoping would it would not smudge but not the case. I slapped on three coats at 8am and already have a brownish black halo under both eyes, on top of powdered skin, at 1020am on a very dry winter day, no humidity at all. I have very short straight Asian lashes and did give 2 lippies for the good lengthening and curl hold but otherwise, this is not a good one for me sadly.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Margeilles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like to use this with the Telescopic Mascara and it will make my lashes look like they are to full and long as if they were fake.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by erikamarie13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am on my second tube of this and I am really liking it. For me, it's a drugstore option for Tarte Lights, Camera, Action! It's definitely a drier formula which are my favorite. The brush is different, skinny with short bristles, which I prefer. It gives me feathery lashes with two coats. I don't have any problems with it flaking.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by sailornibiru

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this on sale at Ulta for 50% off, and I'm so glad I didn't have to pay full price for this because it is a bit pricey, as far as drugstore mascaras go. It's very goopy and clumps up on your eyelashes really easily. It makes my eyelashes stick together which makes it really hard to get any proper volume out of this. You have to be really careful putting it on because it is so goopy, it gets everywhere and it's hard to get the bottom lashes without making a mess.

When it finally does dry, it only takes a few hours before it begins to flake. And it's not one of those mascaras that you just forget about. You can tell there's something on your lashes at all times. So I guess it is similar to fake lashes in that aspect.
Very disappointed by this stuff. Wouldn't ever buy again. I basically only use it when I'm not going anywhere, but messing around with makeup looks in my room and need some mascara, but don't want to waste the good stuff.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by ikhd

One of the worst products I have purchased. I bought this thinking it would be a cheap replacement for Clinique's Lash Power mascara, but I was sooo wrong!

The formula is too thick/goopy and the brush is terrible-- impossible to apply even after wiping most of it off on the lip of the tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by jabberwalkie

I liked this mascara well enough. It did a lot to lengthen my lashes quite a bit but they seemed almost spindly bc there wasn't a lot of thickness there. Ill try a few more coats to try to thicken my lashes up a bit more. Not a bad buy though!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by HollyWould123

This is the first fiber mascara I've tried. At first, I didn't like this one, but grew to like it a little bit. But it's definitely not something I would go out of my way to buy, but would pick it up again if there were a sale. This mascara is too thick, a little messy (too much product comes out on the wand), and can be a bit clumpy. It's an OK mascara, but nothing special. But I do not have any other fiber mascaras to compare it to. Stick to your other mascara for now!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by akneil

I don't think this really compares to other fiber mascaras i have tried. There aren't many fibers and the formula is quite thick. It really doesn't do much, too much product comes out on the wand, and I wasn't too happy with the results. Didn't do anything special for me and I wouldn't buy this again.
A better fiber mascara for around the same price is NYX Doll Eyes long lash! I find the fibers in that to actually be effective.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by saramason111

I'm on my third tube of this. It's the only mascara other than Almay one coat that I have bought consistently. With minimal application, I have thick and longer eyelashes. Also, it rinses off easily with soap and water. It does not cause my eyelashes to fall out either. I will continuing wearing it for quite awhile!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Jilly914

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I recently gave up on L'Oreal mascaras, but I had to give this one a try because I was curious about the fibers in the mascara, and if it would make a big difference to my lashes.

I picked False Fiber lashes last week and gave it a shot. It has some pros and cons to it, but it works better for me than other L'Oreal mascaras surprisingly.

Most of their mascaras smudge on my oily lids. This one did not smudge. I liked the brush, which is an old school regular fuzzy brush - not the rubber/plastic spike kind. It is tapered towards the end to make getting the little lashes in the corners easier.

What I didn't like is the amount of time that I had to spend to get my lashes to look good. I put on several coats (I like big lashes). It started to clump big time. I used a metal lash comb to comb them out and set them how I like. It took quite a while because some of the little fibers in the mascara were going in all different directions lol.

In the end, my lashes looked good...but I don't have that much time to spend working with the clumps and fibers. This is a decent mascara, but it's not for me.