Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Light/Medium

2.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have oily, light, acne prone skin that tans well.

I purchased this since it has SPF 15 in it and offers coverage to even out my skin tone. It's very think coming out of the tube, but it blends well when applying, almost like a mousse foundation. There is minimal coverage, almost like a tinted moisturizer. After applying this BB cream, (and I only applied a small amount since it felt heavy and my skin was in good shape and I didn't need much coverage anyways) it left my face shiny and I could tell it was just clogging my pores. I had to set it with powder, as I normally would with any foundation, but felt uncomfortably thick.

After wearing this found about 8 hours outside, I washed it off and was disappointed to see that it did indeed clog my pores leaving my clear face with blackheads and I was starting to flare up.

I would not recommend this product to anyone with remotely sensitive skin, there are way way better products out there :)

on 1/19/2015 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Wanted a drugstore bb cream with SPF

This has very little coverage but feels good and a moisturizing going on

but here is what I HATE: if you layer it it will roll off like eraser shavings. NOOOO thanks.
not remotely buildable but has very little coverage

I hope I will finish this up but no way will I repurchase

on 1/13/2015 5:34:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I have been trying various BB (and CC) creams (including this one) ever since I discovered them (by reading this site). To me, they seem like a “HG” male grooming product – moisturizes, reduces pores and shine, provides SPF (though not this one), and also has a bit of (ahem) “coverage” that results in a polished, professional look without being fake or “made-up” looking. Just about all of them so far – including this one – are “pretty good”, though I have yet to find one that I would crown the “HG” of the “HG”. I have both the Light/Medium as well as the Medium/Deep of this one, which I can’t say for all of the others, so perhaps this one might be “pretty good+”. Sometimes, I mix them to get the color “just right”. That said, the lack of sunscreen knocks it down a peg, so it’s still “pretty good” after all. It spreads on quite nicely with/without moisturizer (I use a circular sponge) and the coverage is just right. You can easily add a little bit more on “problem areas” and it still looks natural. It lasts “pretty good” all day long, by which I mean it does not disappear nor does it run after hours of being on my face. It does not control shine completely after a bit, but I use other products to help with this. What I really like is that on those “unfortunate” days when I feel the need to use a little concealer under my eyes, this product helps to smooth everything out so I don’t look like I’ve got “something” under my eyes and “nothing” anywhere else. Actually, I find the Garnier “BB Eye” works quite well as a light-weight “natural” concealer in this regard. Finally – and I just have to say this – CVS advertises its BB cream (and eye roller) as a substitute. Surprisingly, these are quite good, the cream has SPF, and can be had quite inexpensively when CVS has a BOGO going on.

on 1/13/2015 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very nice bb cream. I use this on days when I'm just staying at home with the kids and still want to even out my skin tone. I also like using this as a primer occasionally. My skin really likes this cream and it blends very well.

on 1/13/2015 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I use the oil free product in Light/Medium and LOVE IT. This looks fabulous under my foundation and powder. I'm 62 with a lovely complexion! Highly recommend the oil free version.

Love it! My skin looks smooth , the thing that sucks is that the medium/deep is a bit darker , other than that it's good

on 1/5/2015 1:26:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Amo este producto. Hidrata mucho mi piel. Cubre, en mi opinion (y mi piel), la cantidad perfecta de imperfecciones. Sí tengo que poner un poco de corrector en áreas rojas de mi piel, pero nada del otro mundo. También es un producto un poco aceitoso, pero cuando aplico polvos queda absolutamente perfecto (utilizo L'Oréal Nude Magique BB Powder) NO es una BB Cream para usar sola, siempre con polvos. No es para personas con cientos de imperfecciones.

I love this product. It moisturizes my skin a lot. It covers, in my opinion (and my skin) the perfect amount of imperfections. Yes, I do have to put a little bit of concealer in red areas of my skin, but nothing of the other world. And yes, it is an oily product, but when I apply powder it stays absolutely perfect (I use L'Oréal Nude Magique BB Powder) It is NOT a BB cream to use on its own, always with powder. It is not for people with a lot of imperfections.

on 12/21/2014 1:00:00 PM

I've been using this as a daily foundation for at least a year. It's thicker than the average tinted moisturizer, yet surprisingly lightweight and it provides decent coverage. My favorite part is the size of the tube. One tube lasts me for 2-3 months, even with daily use and reapplications. The only reason I did not give this product a 5 is just because it only comes in two shades. I use the lighter, which is just the tiniest bit darker than I'd like. However, it is by no means full coverage, so this doesn't pose a major problem.

on 12/13/2014 9:44:00 PM

I am surprised how good this BB cream is! I was not expecting that at all.

A friend gave me this to try. I wouldn't have usually gone out and bought this brand bb cream myself but I can say I will buy this again.

Pros:
- good coverage for a bb cream - I was especially pleased with the excellent medium coverage!
- good skin colour match
- good staying power - lasts at the gym getting sweaty
- feels light and looks natural

Cons:
- I can't think of any at this stage

Overall a great BB cream, and believe me I have tried a few.

on 12/6/2014 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

The product I have is: Miracle Skin Perfector // Sensitive Skin // Light
First off, I've had this tube of BB for about a year and a half (so bare in mind it's been sitting through many a very hot and dry Australian summer and ridiculously cold Winter) in the top of my school bag, so my review may not speak for true product performance if you weren't irresponsible and lazy like me. Anyway.

Let's cut to the chase - It's not good. Yes, it is buildable up to I'd say a medium coverage if it's deciding to play nice and you have godly makeup skills (unlike me) and is fairly true to its sensitive skin claim (doesn't irritate my skin and hasn't broke me out yet). But, to be honest, it boasts more downfalls than benefits.

Major cons:
1. Lack of Co-operativeness: I honestly found it to be an absolute nightmare to apply evenly around my face. The product kind of just drags around and spreads, and is difficult to anchor down to your skin without buffing/rubbing the crap out of it. I have normal-dry, not even oily skin. Even trying to do a thin layer is difficult.

Special Mentions: I heard once that 'patting the product in' with fingers was a good way to apply BB cream, so I decided to give it a shot. Ah yes, cue world war 3 on my face. There were stripes of balled up, half dried product and mini clumps around my skin. Sexy.

2. The rubbings and balls: There is a short window of opportunity to place and spread the BB in place on your face before it dries. In the words of Sonic the Hedgehog, you GOTTA GO FAST. When it does dry and you try spreading it, it just balls up into rubbings like no tomorrow. This makes it impossible to fix after making a mistake, or difficult to touch up during the day if you would like to reapply a little more in an area.

3. Lack of Shades / Mono-colour - I think this is a large downfall, grouping the BB into just two available shades available here - light and medium. The light is too pink and cool for my skin colour, but not completely noticeable if I try and blend it in really well. However, you can see it isn't quite the right colour on me.

Those are my biggest peeves with this. On the other hand, it does have SPF 15, which although branded 'useless' by some, I guess is better than nothing. The sensitive formula is quite nice and thick, like a creme, which is nice when you squeeze it out. Sometimes I just squeeze it onto the back of my hand to admire the texture, because I know the second I try to spread it out, I'l probably weep.

I've heard the texture is similar to the normal formula.

Anyway. It's eh. It's something you would use if you were desperate for something with coverage and you had some spare lying around, but for the price (I paid $14 AUD) you could probably get a foundation that could do much better. With less balling up and tears.
I've given it 2 lippies just purely due to its fulfilment of sensitivity, texture, its somewhat moisturising property and potential for coverage.