Pacifica Island Vanilla

3.9

on 3/8/2013 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Vanilla is one of the longest-lasting scents from Pacifica, and I wear this perfume a couple of times a week. I think the best compliment would be to say that you could wear this scent on a plane -- it just smells like vanilla. Nothing strong or overpowering or headache-inducing. I usually layer it with another Pacifica scent.
ETA-- I don't wear this scent anymore. I got tired of it.

on 1/15/2013 10:10:00 AM

This is probably my favorite fragrance. I love that itís a ďsimpleĒ smell, in the sense that you can really tell that it smells like vanilla.
The only reason why it doesnít get 5 out of 5 is that the staying power could be better, but since itís a natural perfume itís what I expected.

on 12/3/2012 8:22:00 AM

I went to this beauty supply store yesterday, and they had rollerballs of all the Pacifica fragrances. I tried this one, to me, not so good.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This opens with a bright, tropical, citrusy pineapple note, and a drizzling of honey and vanilla (almost what I imagine Pineapple Upside Down Cake would smell like). The jasmine is present, but way in the background. This stage dissipates almost as soon as you experience it, and the fragrance morphs into a warmer, beautiful, honey-sweetened vanilla tea. Then, it makes the transition to Angel Food Cake, then leaves its last few traces of foody vanilla before making a discreet exit. This fragrance is very sweet and ever so slightly boozy, but not sickening, and surprisingly wearable for even the warmer months. Much to my delight, I get about 10 hours on my skin, though it only seems to project for the first few. But it passed my "Spray it at night, still smell it the next morning" test, so I'm satisfied :)

Overall, I am very impressed. This is so inexpensive, but doesn't smell cheap to me at all. The low price point and high quality are incentives enough to check out this line, but the company's ethos is just unbeatable. A very good blind buy, indeed!

on 9/10/2012 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

*perfect* vanilla- which I have been recently searching for. not too complicated, or heavy. Subtle yet sexy. It's amazing that it's under 20$. Only gripe is that Pacifica perfumes (aside from the roll-ons) do not seem to come with caps- hence exposed atomizer. So happy I found this today!!

on 8/25/2012 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this scent! It doesn't have a fake or overly sickly sweet scent like some vanilla fragrances can have. This is not a "one note" vanilla, it's complex. You smell sweet vanilla with jasmine, honey and tea. I love the roller ball, I leave it in my purse for touch ups. I love the fact that it's cruelty free and phthalate free.

on 7/31/2012 12:57:00 PM

I Hope Pacifica never discontinues this one! Hands DOWN THE best Vanilla i have ever had, smelled, tried, etc!! Vanilla Fans!! This is a MUST HAVE!

on 6/26/2012 4:34:00 PM

Love Pacifica products and this scent is no different. It's my 2nd-favorite Pacifica scent (Indian Coconut Nectar being #1). This is a great vanilla -- not too simple to smell just like something you'd want to lick, or too juvenile either. It's not as 'summery' as I was thinking it would be with the name "Island Vanilla" -- you could definately wear this any season of the year (as opposed to my beloved Indian Coconut Nectar being mostly a warm-weather scent). It makes me feel warm and fuzzy when I wear it, but that doesn't mean it's just for winter. I do wish it would last longer or 'throw' its scent more, but I don't mind reapplying considering the lower price and how good it smells. I use the body butter in conjunction with the spray and it lasts a bit longer that way, then carry the rollerball in my bag for touch-ups throughout the day. I love that they make the rollerballs to carry with you, especially since their scents don't last very long. Love the natural aspect as well. Great company, great product, great scent!

on 5/20/2012 11:35:00 AM

This is a true vanilla - vibrant, lovely & perfect for summer. Tahitian vanilla (more floral than it's bourbon counterpart, which is traditionally warmer and boozier) is the main star in this perfume. It's not weighed down with other various thick "tropical" notes and it stays clean, without any artificial or plasticy facets to it. This has to be my new favourite vanilla and I receive a lot of compliments, even from people who do not like vanilla. I would describe this perfume as being a happy medium between boozy/gourmand vanillas & heavy tropical vanilla mixtures. This scented 8+ hours on me.

I paid $23.000 CAD for 30ml

on 5/10/2012 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was a little disappointed in the staying power, because a work colleague wears the coconut vanilla scent and it seems to stay all day. Maybe she bathes in it :-) But...I also bought the rollerball. This line is relatively inexpensive, so I spray it sparingly in the morning (don't want to give anyone a headache), and then use the rollerball when the scent starts to fade. Just a suggestion...

Popular Fragrances