September 3, 2014 | 1223 users online

Fragrances - Pacifica - Island Vanilla

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2012 11:35:00 AM More reviews by GoldenVenissa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a true vanilla - vibrant, lovely & perfect for summer. Tahitian vanilla (more floral than it's bourbon counterpart, which is traditionally warmer and boozier) is the main star in this perfume. It's not weighed down with other various thick "tropical" notes and it stays clean, without any artificial or plasticy facets to it. This has to be my new favourite vanilla and I receive a lot of compliments, even from people who do not like vanilla. I would describe this perfume as being a happy medium between boozy/gourmand vanillas & heavy tropical vanilla mixtures. This scented 8+ hours on me.

I paid $23.000 CAD for 30ml

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by debgross

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was a little disappointed in the staying power, because a work colleague wears the coconut vanilla scent and it seems to stay all day. Maybe she bathes in it :-) But...I also bought the rollerball. This line is relatively inexpensive, so I spray it sparingly in the morning (don't want to give anyone a headache), and then use the rollerball when the scent starts to fade. Just a suggestion...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by magentaray

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I went to Nordies to sniff Prada Candy because I wanted a new sweet perfume. Found it to be just ok, went into Sephora near by, checked out LaVanilla perfumes, found them to be just ok, then saw Pacifica, noticed 'Island Vanilla' on one of the bottles, sprayed it, and fell madly in love with the scent. I have many vanillas already, but this one is special, it's not a plain boring vanilla, there's brightness to it. After checking out all other sweet perfumes this was the only one that I wanted to have. However, staying power is horrible, lasts around an hour (I have the spray, don't know how the roll on is). Maybe someone else would still be able to smell it on me, but I only can within one hour. Thus rating of four.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2012 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Jeanbean7777

Bought this in rollerball with body butter. This is an amazing vanilla scent. Soft and delicious. Kinda smells like a softer vanilla lace.from victorias secret. It has a creamier vanilla. Kinda smells like chocolatey cookies like vanilla.lace.does but its smoother, whiter, dreamier.......its very nice. It does have a summer beachy vanilla feel. I love it!,

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by apparently

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not sugary, but much sweeter than dry vanillas like Yves Rocher Vanilla Noir. I don't think I would wear this on its own -- it's linear and very obvious, and by itself very young -- but the lotion and rollerball would be excellent for layering with another fragrance, esp. a fruity or sandalwoody one.

Oh, edited to add that this lasts much longer than other Pacifica scents I've tried. I get 5-6 hours from it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by coocoovanille

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The best vanilla ever, hands down. I have this in the rollerball and the body butter. The body butter is amazing, the scent lasts all day, makes your clothes smell good and is super moisturizing. This is my new favorite vanilla.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2011 8:41:00 AM More reviews by Uncle_Joey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i love vanilla perfumes, but it's hard to find non-foody ones. they always end up turning into a plastic-y, fake, dirty kind of smell that has nothing in common with vanilla. this is more of a floral-y vanilla, but definitely not a floral. it's sweet, and vanilla is in the forefront, but i can definitely smell something fresh and deep in the background--honey/tea? a lot like the discontinued l'occitane vanilla.

i got the roller ball, and it definitely doesn't release a lot of liquid at once, which i found annoying. but that's because i wanted to douse myself in this scent. :)

bottom line: smells AMAZING, average lasting power, cruelty free and CHEAP. recommended if you like vanilla, and i could see this mixing well with a lot of florals and some orientals.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2011 3:12:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: It's definitely not too sweet and not really a food-type vanilla smell. Those are annoying to me. I also don't like the vanillas that they add a musky scent to (and this isn't like that.) It's quite mild. It fades very nicely. The staying power is better than most body sprays but of course not as good as an actual cologne/perfume that you're used to. Price is reasonable for the staying power.

CONS: I don't understand why Pacifica does not include caps/lids for the bottles. That's right. They do not provide lids. So you definitely cannot take this anywhere with you. It even makes bringing it with you for travel precarious. ***EDIT: According to another review, Pacifica is now including caps with their bottles. Almost one year later, still haven't seen caps.

APPLICATION TIPS: I like to pair it with the blood orange scent by Pacifica to create what is a suprisingly subtle version of a orange creamsicle.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 11:35:00 PM More reviews by zoeferret

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Retail Price $22.00 for 1 oz Spray Perfume
Packaging- simple clear glass bottle, no lid, but has a nice fine mist sprayer
Scent- it is noted to contain: vanilla absolute, honey-jasmine , “touch of fruitiness”, and a base of tea.
What I smell-
When I first apply this perfume, I get a burst of alcohol with a touch of vanilla. I was little disapointed at first but after the alcohol evaporates it smells really good. It's a very warm, sweet, honey, caramel, true vanilla type of scent. I think the jasmine and tea tones the sweetness so it's not cloying or overbearing. It has no plastic or cheap vanilla candle scent. It reminds me of a mix of Korre's Jasmine Lip Butter and L'Occitane's long discontined Vanilla Perfume. Lasting power is average, I would say it last about five hours. The good thing is it's fairly inexpensive and I don't have a problem with reappliying it. I am a huge vanilla perfume addict and I really love this scent.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No