April 20, 2014 | 1769 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light Plus

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

This is HG for me. It makes my skin look amazing it does have fine shimmers in it but its barely noticeable.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 2:02:00 AM More reviews by dancermomof1

I love this product so much! If I ever look tired this is the magic secret which helps revive my fair complexion and give me a little glow. I recommend it highly! I hope the company never discontinues this product! It is a must have.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by meadowsbr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This product is lovely. It provides a soft finish but still a good amount of coverage. You won't look chalky with this powder. I wore this all through the summer over BB cream and my skin looked even and natural. It did not cover up my skin, but rather, commplimented it. I am NW20 and this shade appears to be made just for me. In the DC humidity I got about 6 hours wear from this product, which is pretty great and more than I generally expect.

The only downside is that blush seemed to slip right off my face when applied on top of this powder. Also, once you hit pan you will think that there is more product, but you will be wrong and it is a downer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by xosofielulu

I absolutely love this. Gives a nice matte finish, it looks a liiiiitle dusty on me because i have very dry skin, but with a little finish off with the MAC Fix+ water is looks really, really good. The MA in the MAC store helped me find the right colour for me, and I am the light plus which looks so pretty on top of the studio sculpt foundation :) Really happy I got this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I really enjoy this powder. It gives a nice finish to my skin and doesn't break me out, while setting whatever liquid product I put on underneath. I would definetely repurchase, even though it occasionally seems to irritate my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by annamail84

This is a great skin finishing product after liquid foundation or BB cream. It works well to reduce shine and seal the base. I am now only using it on my t-zone as it made the rest of my face look a little too dry. That being said, you really only need to set oilier areas anyway. I will keep repurchasing this as it is perfect not too heavy, not too light.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2012 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I am a blue-eyed NW10 (NW20 in the summers when tanning from a bottle).

Color: Light Plus looks very yellow toned on me, and seems to suit NC15 perfectly. I prefer Light (for NW10-15), and Medium (for NW20, or to breathe some life back into my NW10-15). This is a great product line, but this particular shade is a "no" for me. Took 2 lippies off for that.

Formula: Not the finest powder I've used, but one of the best I've found for a compact. Blends well, and if you layer it with MAC Fix+, you can get about 60-70% coverage with this. For instance, not that I recommend sleeping in makeup, but for when that special someone is supposed to see you bare-faced (and you have acne scars galore, like moi), I like to give my face a light dusting of this to keep the "natural" look while taming down the flaws from yelling so loudly.

Lasts about 4 months - 12 months, depending on how often you are using it. When I was using it once a day, it lasted 12 months. But when I was using it 3 times a day (touching up both mid-day and evening), it lasted only 4 months.

Longevity: I found that if you use in coordination with MAC Fix+, the powder seems to last longer through the day. If I didn't have some oil in the creases of my nose and a little shine on my forehead, I probably could skip the mid-day touch up. So oil control, at least for my combination skin, is only so-so, but it doesn't get very cakey if you layer with MAC Fix +.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Lolopop93

I have nothing bad to say about this product. I was originally going to get Light but the lady at the counter thought it would be too light on me so she recommended Light Plus. And I'm so glad she did! It's the perfect match, but I'm not sure what my shade in MAC is (I think it's around NW15-NW20). I don't even know how to describe this powder. It's just so....nice. It finishes my foundation and concealer off so nicely and makes my skin look matte, but without looking too fake. Basically, it makes my skin look flawless and natural. It's pricey, but I'm going to buy this again because it's totally worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by shadesofyellow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Thankfully I didn't listen to the SA when she said I should get medium for my "NC30" skin (I'm actually NC25, and I bought LIght Plus). This shade is great for me, and I use it to set my cream foundation (currently using Graftobian Hi-Def Creme Foundation)

I'm not sure what it is about this powder, I just know it works! It sets my foundation, doesn't get cakey, imparts a nice light dusting of powder.

For reference: NC25 w/yellower undertones. Acne-prone, very oily t-zone but chin can get flaky, pretty normal everywhere else,

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by hireen

I love this! I have combination skin - oily t-zone and hormonal acne/redness around my chin & nose area, dry-to-normal forehead, and dewy blemish-free cheeks. I really only use makeup to even out my skintone.

After using the Skinfinish Natural in Light Medium for about a year, and liked its sheer coverage, but was always looking for something else. When I was done with that, I decided to try Chanel's Poudre Universelle Libre about a month ago, after hearing such great things about it and, let's face it, the jar looks great on my vanity. But within a week, the Chanel powder messed my skin up - I started breaking out in tiny little pink spots all over my face, where I never had them before (forehead, cheeks, jawline). I'm just grateful that it wasn't cystic acne. Plus, it was just so... powdery, and smelled like baby talcum powder.

Anyway, long story short - I switched back to MAC Skinfinish Natural in this shade, just three days ago, and my skin is already noticeably better and smoother, and I love the sort of natural, dewy glow it gives me. I wasn't before, but I'm now convinced that this is my HG powder.

Price - It's not too expensive, especially compared to Chanel, and it can last me about a year and a half.

Packaging - Pretty fragile. I use it with the MAC 150 in the morning, then put a round foundation sponge to put in my makeup bag over the day, both to apply and to stop the powder from coming out everywhere.

Has anyone tried breaking it into loose powder? I might want to reuse the aforementioned Chanel jar.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No