September 2, 2014 | 1059 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light Plus

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by doocaw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second compact and it's lasted me over a year - this stuff is expensive, but you get a lot of product. MSFN is one of my top two powders (the other is NARS light reflecting loose) and the perfect product for setting foundation. It's a perfect color match for my NC20 skin, and makes my skin look radiant and refined, but never powdery. I use a fluffy brush to apply. I will always repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 9:38:00 AM More reviews by amberlady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I must say, now that I have the correct color of this product I have to agree with the majority of the reviewers that this powder is pretty amazing! It doesn't leave a powderey finish, has a small amount of coverage and acts as the most perfect setting powder for foundation. I have dry skin and this doesn't emphasize flakes or creep into lines...it really is an awesome product. If you have oily skin, this may not be matte enough for you. It still lets whatever is underneath it show through so I don't see it being the best oil absorber. Originally, when I went to the MAC store the SA matched me to medium plus. I tried it for 2 weeks and couldn't figure out why my face looked so dang pink!! Then I saw on here that laurenclark rec'd light plus for nc25 skin (more suitable for yellow undertones) and it's a perfect match!!! It looks really light in the pan but it really is perfect for nc20-25 skintones. I will definitely repurchase.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

This is HG for me. It makes my skin look amazing it does have fine shimmers in it but its barely noticeable.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 2:02:00 AM More reviews by dancermomof1

I love this product so much! If I ever look tired this is the magic secret which helps revive my fair complexion and give me a little glow. I recommend it highly! I hope the company never discontinues this product! It is a must have.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by meadowsbr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This product is lovely. It provides a soft finish but still a good amount of coverage. You won't look chalky with this powder. I wore this all through the summer over BB cream and my skin looked even and natural. It did not cover up my skin, but rather, commplimented it. I am NW20 and this shade appears to be made just for me. In the DC humidity I got about 6 hours wear from this product, which is pretty great and more than I generally expect.

The only downside is that blush seemed to slip right off my face when applied on top of this powder. Also, once you hit pan you will think that there is more product, but you will be wrong and it is a downer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by xosofielulu

I absolutely love this. Gives a nice matte finish, it looks a liiiiitle dusty on me because i have very dry skin, but with a little finish off with the MAC Fix+ water is looks really, really good. The MA in the MAC store helped me find the right colour for me, and I am the light plus which looks so pretty on top of the studio sculpt foundation :) Really happy I got this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I really enjoy this powder. It gives a nice finish to my skin and doesn't break me out, while setting whatever liquid product I put on underneath. I would definetely repurchase, even though it occasionally seems to irritate my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by annamail84

This is a great skin finishing product after liquid foundation or BB cream. It works well to reduce shine and seal the base. I am now only using it on my t-zone as it made the rest of my face look a little too dry. That being said, you really only need to set oilier areas anyway. I will keep repurchasing this as it is perfect not too heavy, not too light.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2012 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I am a blue-eyed NW10 (NW20 in the summers when tanning from a bottle).

Color: Light Plus looks very yellow toned on me, and seems to suit NC15 perfectly. I prefer Light (for NW10-15), and Medium (for NW20, or to breathe some life back into my NW10-15). This is a great product line, but this particular shade is a "no" for me. Took 2 lippies off for that.

Formula: Not the finest powder I've used, but one of the best I've found for a compact. Blends well, and if you layer it with MAC Fix+, you can get about 60-70% coverage with this. For instance, not that I recommend sleeping in makeup, but for when that special someone is supposed to see you bare-faced (and you have acne scars galore, like moi), I like to give my face a light dusting of this to keep the "natural" look while taming down the flaws from yelling so loudly.

Lasts about 4 months - 12 months, depending on how often you are using it. When I was using it once a day, it lasted 12 months. But when I was using it 3 times a day (touching up both mid-day and evening), it lasted only 4 months.

Longevity: I found that if you use in coordination with MAC Fix+, the powder seems to last longer through the day. If I didn't have some oil in the creases of my nose and a little shine on my forehead, I probably could skip the mid-day touch up. So oil control, at least for my combination skin, is only so-so, but it doesn't get very cakey if you layer with MAC Fix +.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Lolopop93

I have nothing bad to say about this product. I was originally going to get Light but the lady at the counter thought it would be too light on me so she recommended Light Plus. And I'm so glad she did! It's the perfect match, but I'm not sure what my shade in MAC is (I think it's around NW15-NW20). I don't even know how to describe this powder. It's just so....nice. It finishes my foundation and concealer off so nicely and makes my skin look matte, but without looking too fake. Basically, it makes my skin look flawless and natural. It's pricey, but I'm going to buy this again because it's totally worth it.