MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light Plus

4.3

I finally found my HG product!!
This doesn't break me out and it keeps my very oily t-zone matte for most of the day! It's kinda pricey, but it is definitely worth it! I love this :-)

on 6/4/2013 9:45:00 AM

This my HG powder.

I am a freckled ginger with dry skin who is very pale! This powder applies perfectly to set my makeup without covering up too many freckles. It is very fine and it makes my skin feel incredibly soft and doesn't dry out my moisturizers underneath. Doesn't feel like you're wearing it at all and doesn't make me look dusty.

I wear light plus over Smashbox's SheerFocus tinted moisturizer in fair and the combo gives me a healthy even glow.

After I purchased it the first time I thought it was too expensive and went back to drugstore brands. After wasting money twice on horrible powders I gave in and went back to MSFN. Will be repurchasing from now on.

on 3/20/2013 4:43:00 PM

-This is my everyday powder to set whichever foundation or tinted moisturizer that i use. It works well over almost all of my foundations. Because I do use it everyday, I start to wonder if there is a better powder out there but I will continue to repurchase.
-There are days that this powder seems to cake my face but it could be that I was having a bad skin day or i applied too much. However, this is a great powder and I bought one for my mom and she's in love with it. Light Plus is the perfect color for my fair skin.
-This powder has definitely been a staple in my makeup bag for the longest time. There will only be a few days that I will use a different powder.
-One powder lasts me for approx. 4-5 months.
-Less is more with this powder.

on 3/7/2013 8:39:00 PM

I'm on my second compact and it's lasted me over a year - this stuff is expensive, but you get a lot of product. MSFN is one of my top two powders (the other is NARS light reflecting loose) and the perfect product for setting foundation. It's a perfect color match for my NC20 skin, and makes my skin look radiant and refined, but never powdery. I use a fluffy brush to apply. I will always repurchase this.

on 2/8/2013 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I must say, now that I have the correct color of this product I have to agree with the majority of the reviewers that this powder is pretty amazing! It doesn't leave a powderey finish, has a small amount of coverage and acts as the most perfect setting powder for foundation. I have dry skin and this doesn't emphasize flakes or creep into lines...it really is an awesome product. If you have oily skin, this may not be matte enough for you. It still lets whatever is underneath it show through so I don't see it being the best oil absorber. Originally, when I went to the MAC store the SA matched me to medium plus. I tried it for 2 weeks and couldn't figure out why my face looked so dang pink!! Then I saw on here that laurenclark rec'd light plus for nc25 skin (more suitable for yellow undertones) and it's a perfect match!!! It looks really light in the pan but it really is perfect for nc20-25 skintones. I will definitely repurchase.

on 1/20/2013 12:42:00 PM

This is HG for me. It makes my skin look amazing it does have fine shimmers in it but its barely noticeable.

on 1/15/2013 2:02:00 AM

I love this product so much! If I ever look tired this is the magic secret which helps revive my fair complexion and give me a little glow. I recommend it highly! I hope the company never discontinues this product! It is a must have.

on 1/14/2013 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This product is lovely. It provides a soft finish but still a good amount of coverage. You won't look chalky with this powder. I wore this all through the summer over BB cream and my skin looked even and natural. It did not cover up my skin, but rather, commplimented it. I am NW20 and this shade appears to be made just for me. In the DC humidity I got about 6 hours wear from this product, which is pretty great and more than I generally expect.

The only downside is that blush seemed to slip right off my face when applied on top of this powder. Also, once you hit pan you will think that there is more product, but you will be wrong and it is a downer.

on 1/7/2013 5:10:00 PM

I absolutely love this. Gives a nice matte finish, it looks a liiiiitle dusty on me because i have very dry skin, but with a little finish off with the MAC Fix+ water is looks really, really good. The MA in the MAC store helped me find the right colour for me, and I am the light plus which looks so pretty on top of the studio sculpt foundation :) Really happy I got this!

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I really enjoy this powder. It gives a nice finish to my skin and doesn't break me out, while setting whatever liquid product I put on underneath. I would definetely repurchase, even though it occasionally seems to irritate my skin.

Recommended for Normal Skin