August 29, 2014 | 844 users online

BB Cream - Clinique - Age Defense BB Cream SPF 30

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Peacokgreen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

The first couple of times when I tried it my face just looked gorgeous. Pores smaller, blemishes covered and I had a soft, youthful glow. However that just all of a sudden stopped. Now when I try it my pores look bigger and are clogged up with this cream, my fine lines are totally emphasized and it has a drying effect on my skin. Needless to say that I will not be buying this again for my 45 year old skin. I am going back to Clinique's wonderful SPF 25 City block that has anti-oxidants as well. I will not be trying/buying another BB cream again. It might work for younger skin.

10-14-13 Update: I have noticed that it all depends on which cleanser and cream I use the night before for this BB cream to work properly. The other day I tried it again since I started using Clinique's DDML+ every night for hydration and my face looked great. It covers many things very well. So I gave it 5 lipsticks and am using this BB cream everyday now. I get loads of compliments such as how much younger i look.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 8:55:00 AM More reviews by gkc87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for about a year now and I think I have quite enough experience to review it. I have periodic and hormonal acne problems and have always refrained from foundations for this reason thinking that my skin could get worse because they don't let it breathe. This product is really, really good. Somehow, when I wear this when I have acne it cures them. I know that some people with dry-skin do not like this that much since it is a little bit dry when compared with other BB creams and they have to wear moisturizer under it. But I like this for the very reason that it is dry and works good on my blemishes. I didn't use to wear it every day fearing that my skin would get worse when I had acne but now I wear it every single day and believe me you see the results better when you use it regularly. I would definitely but this again but also would like to give a chance to the new CC cream to get rid of my acne spots.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by inehima

For reference, I'm an NC20/25, with normal/combination skin with a semi dry nose area (that likes to act up on me randomly!!).

I had my first BB cream experience with Clinique when I first got into using cosmetics. I was initially matched to Shade 1 and found that to be EXTREMELY light since it has pink undertones and switched to Shade 2. I found that I was still not happy with how extremely white it was upon initial application, even though it looked light beige on my hand, and the shade did not oxidize to match me any better. I found that this BB cream accentuated the dry patches on my face even after moisturizing properly and with only a sheer application of the BB cream (I dot this on the center area of my face and blend outwards with my fingers). The only bright side, pun intended if anyone caught it, of this BB cream is that it did not dry me out or feel heavy. Without any touch ups in my 10-12 hour day, the BB cream lasted me about 7-8 hours with minimal signs of fading; no patchiness.

I ended up giving Shade 1 to my sister who has fairer skin with pink undertones and it also made her look slightly paler than she already is. She was matched to BB's BB cream in Light and that suited her perfectly.

I've since switched to use MISSHA's M Perfect Cover BB Cream in No. 27

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by jen8van

I've been using this product for about two months now. I used to really like it and I thought it was great coverage (which it is) however I started to notice that after a few days it started to break me out, not horribly but it is still quite annoying. it also feels very greasy sometimes especially when you live in the chicago area during the summer where it is alway humid and nasty outside. This product would be great for those who do not have sensitive or acne prone skin but otherwise I would recommend to not purchase this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Denisedd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was currently using Jane Iredell when I bought this bb cream on a whim to try it out . I like the Jane bb but it was a little to wet for my oily skin. This is the best foundation bb cream tinted moisturizer everything I have ever put on my face . It's hydrating but still keeps me matte all day long. Colour is amazing and application is flawless. I have found my HG product atlast the hunt is over. I do use a powder to set it because I prefer a full coverage . It also stays put all day long .

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by PDizzle7

This is not for anyone with oily skin. It sinks in and separates after an hour or two leaving your pores looking extremely large. If tried applying powder on top of it but it didn't help- the powder just spread out when the bb cream did, which left my face looking kind of scary lol. I really wanted to like this product because I love cliniques skincare products but it's not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2013 6:31:00 PM More reviews by frostbites

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Finally, a BB cream for me!! After a series of various, tiresome BB disappointments (the Misshas, the one by Dior, Garnier, Elemong, Holika Holika), i was close to giving up on the phenomenon. Still, seeing all the beautiful women whose faces looked so lovely and doll like yet so natural thanks to their BB cream of choice (all of my friends have one they swear by) made me search some more.
This is not ideal - not a solution for super smoldering summer days and heat waves, as it might melt and streak a bit on the forehead. Not as expensive as Dior, but not exactly affordable (here in Eastern Europe).
It's close to Missha in texture (a bit chalky) and it's a bit of a chore to apply when you first try it - it takes time to set, doesn't respond well to too much blending and i can't use a brush with this one. Just apply it with your fingers in sweeping strokes and give it some 5 minutes. It will transform into a nice, even canvas on its own and provide you with sufficient coverage (in my case, i don't even need to add concealer),
I found that as the day passed, it looked more and more natural, not too dewy, not too matte but with decent oil control (while not dehydrating my fussy skin).
In conclusion: most importantly, this BB cream doesn't clog my pores, dry me out or aggravate any sensitivities.
I'm quite pale and thought that shade nr 1 looks almost too light but on a second glance my face finally matched my neck - which is a welcome change for the better.
It's very long lasting (unless you're in a very humid and hot climate) - and it leaves my skin touchable. The touchable bit is especially important to someone who's regrettably left her share of sticky makeup on others' clothes, skin and linen during the years and is adamant to avoid any further incidents.
Oh, i almost forgot: SPF 30. Not bad.

All in all: you did well by me, Clinique.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2013 2:58:00 AM More reviews by xjslx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this BB cream for my oily skin. It doesn't break me out. I am NC20, and I get a good match with this bb cream. If it's hard to spread just mix it with a bit of moisturizer.

I love mixing this product with my Kevyn Aucoin sensual skin enhancer. The outcome is fabulous!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by TresaLeigh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The salesperson highly recommended the Clinique BB Cream - even with my sensitive skin. After giving the BB Cream a try for a few days my face began to break out terribly. I immediately stopped using it & my face eventually cleared up. If you have sensitive skin then use this product with great caution.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2013 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Avelen

I wanted to write this to warn some people with sensitive skin---I normally have pretty clear skin. I'll only get like 1 big nasty pimple if I'm about to start my period or eat too much delicious peanut butter (I'm mildly allergic to peanuts sadly). I'm also half filipino with mild eczema and sensitive skin, which is typical if you're filipino/asian. Many of my filipino relatives and friends only use Clinique because we all have sensitive skin. I usually really like products from Clinique and was surprised that my skin reacted really bad to this bb cream. When I first used it, I loved it because the amount of coverage and how natural it looks. I felt like it was perfect....BUT after a few weeks I broke out REALLY bad--big deep painful gross kind. I was so sad and actually kept using it for awhile until my boyfriend realized how bad my skin was getting and told me to stop lol. It has now been a little over a month since I stopped using it, so my skin is clear again. I'm writing this for people with sensitive skin like me. I would feel really bad for someone who spends the money to buy this and ends up breaking out like I did. Luckily I didn't use my own money to buy this. If you don't have sensitive skin you can ignore this!