August 31, 2014 | 1676 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Coolaulin conditioner

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2010 11:04:00 PM More reviews by brooklynbee

Smells lovely, but ultimately it wasn't moisturizing enough for my very thick, long, wavy hair.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2010 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Rosse86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this because of the coconut scent, but the smokeyness that's being mentioned over and over again did get to me so I wont be purchasing it again. It's a decent conditioner otherwise, but I think both American Cream and Veganese are better, and smell much nicer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 5:52:00 PM More reviews by KittyBaditty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

IMHO Lush should stick to making soaps and bath products- this is yet another total flop on the hair front. I got it as a freebie when I purchased lots of other things, so thankfully I didn't waste any money.

To me, this smells like an old ashtray- I know this because I'm an ex- dirty old smoker. I almost didn't use it because of that fact, but I caved.

I didn't get any kind of moisturising properties out of this, and it is so light and thin that most of it just slid off my hair before it could have even had a chance to work. I tried it again the next day, but this just seems to be a totally pointless product with an awful smell and no redeeming qualities.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2009 12:52:00 PM More reviews by venteux

I absolutely hated this product! It's supposed to smell like coconuts, and maybe there was a hint of it, but it really just smelled "smoky" to me. It also did nothing to condition my hair. I felt like I was just using water.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2009 3:59:00 PM More reviews by flisalisan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I did not like this at all. It lasts like a week and it doesn't do anything for my hair. I had a problem with the smell too, it was supposed to smell like coconut, but it was just.. sickish? It almost smelled like coconut, but kind of like a really, really old coconut... It felt kind of sticky while in the hair too.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2009 8:19:00 PM More reviews by rubygirl81

This is not a great product for thick/curly hair. I have a lot of hair, but its very fine in texture. I didn't feel like this product weighed my hair down. My only complaint is that I did have to use a bit of detangler after my shower.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2009 8:04:00 AM More reviews by illeyad

This might be a fun conditioner to use in the Summer when you just need something light and airy, however this was not my hairs perfect match.

PROS: (1) frothy light lotion consistency that makes it easy to evenly distribute through the hair. (2) a wonderful Coconut scent with a slight warm jasmine undertone- which is odd because jasmine is not listed in the ingredients, perhaps this is the ‘perfume’ giving it that wonderful aroma.

CONS: (1) Simply that it does not condition my hair, nor does it detangle it. (2) My hair was left frizzy and static, hair was floating around my head as if vainly searching for reception from a secret Lush satellite receiver.

This product makes my hair smell wonderful, but that’s about it. It left much to be desired in performance. On the bright side, I did not waste this product as I discovered it could be used to create a wonderful scent cocktail when mixed with Lush Ghost body wash. It smells like a coconutty version of Silky Underwear- It was fabulous. However, I will not repurchase again.
Happy Shopping!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2009 10:14:00 PM More reviews by sheenab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Once upon a time a nice hair stylist whispered in my ear, "the secret is coconut. Use it & love it & your hair will always be great." and it was, forever more... until I got cheap after a transatlantic move & I switched away from my magic combo (Daddy O shampoo & Coolaulin conditioner.... BAD IDEA! My hair dried up like an old witches armpit & like an idiot I kept wondering why. "A woman's crowning glory is her hair," I cried!
So the other day I regained my common sense (and composure) and splurged on the good stuff. As I teetered back on the heels of my self confidence & powered myself into work, all of my coworkers had noticed something was nice about my hair. I'll never stray again.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2009 8:27:00 AM More reviews by alizarine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This is the one Lush conditioner that I use more frequently. Although my hair is fine and rather flat, this is the one that suits me the best, since I find that many of the Lush conditioners aren't very conditioning at all. And my hair is down to my butt, so I need the extra care.

The scent seems to be a diffcult matter. Many people don't like it. Most are fine with the coconut (and so am I), but there's a weird, undefinable smell besides it, that I can't point my finger at. Hated by many, I still love it. I'm a coconut girl, and an extra splash of odd isn't to any disadvantage.

If you need a lot of care for your hair, I wouldn't go with this one. But if you have dry hair, or need to maintain a long hair, this one is fine, with the extra treatment from time to time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2009 12:05:00 AM More reviews by pikacharma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Not a bad product, but not amazing either, and American Cream kicks its ass.

I have thick, coarse, frizzy, damaged hair with entirely too much volume. This left it feeling nice and soft, which is more than I can say for most conditioners, and it's got a yummy smell (reminds me of coconut mixed with the smell of the ocean) that sticks around. However, it did nothing to tame my frizz or kill the volume. My hair is as poofy and out-of-control as ever - it's just soft and poofy as opposed to brittle and poofy.

This might be a good conditioner for someone with thin and\or straight hair, but if you're constantly doing battle against unwanted frizz, curls, and volume - ESPECIALLY if some of the frizz is due to heat and chemical damage - then American Cream is a much better investment.