November 21, 2014 | 1695 users online

Liquid - Smashbox - Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by micky887

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked up the shade 1.2 I'm a mac nc20 I could have gone up a shade but the shade up had more pink tones ... I have really oily skin and I heard this foundation has great lasting power ..it doesn't look cakey at all the consistency is thin and I find I need about 3-4 pumps i use this with a beauty blender ..it leaves you with a matte finish If your not very oily you could skip using powder ..it is full coverage and I love how light weight it feels on my skin considering it's full coverage I cannot feel it on my skin ..however the longest it lasted on my skin was 8 hrs before I started getting oily ..i used this in very hot weather and it did not budge even after I touched my face a billion times due to my allergies.. I would say this is worth the money.. Not too sure how this would be if you have dry skin though ..

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2014 7:09:00 PM More reviews by doylineaerogurl15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first high end foundation. I usually use department store (I.e. Neutrogena, Revlon, covergirl, etc) foundation and powder. However, I wanted something that would truly last the whole day without touch ups for my super oily face.... And smashbox definitely has! I love it! It doesn't "look" any different at first application than department store makeup, however, it stays flawless the whole 15 hours without getting cakey. I love it and will continue to use this for a long time.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2014 7:05:00 PM More reviews by aliciamarie61592

I usually buy Clinique foundation, but my local Ulta store was out of my shade, so I was recommended Smashbox Photo Finish. The packaging was nice and it was fairly expensive ($44). I like the bottle it comes in, it's not messy like most other foundations and it covered evenly and nicely. However, I hate how it feels on my skin. I use very little since I just want to even out my skin and cover up problem areas, but this stuff kind of feels like acrylic paint. I also live in a hot dry area and the foundation wears off within hours of being outside. I like this foundation for how well it covers, but it's not worth the price for how paint-like it feels on my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by EmmaPorter13

I have been on the hunt for a pale foundation which is full coverage for well over a year now and still haven't come across one!
Let me start by saying that I have a lot of red marks and scarring from previous spots and acne. I also have a few pimples and spots still but the main problem is the discolouration from the scars and it's a major problem for me! I've tried A LOT of foundations and I've never found one which is pale enough for my skin or the right colour, even mac! There's always been ones that cover well but aren't the right shade. Ive never tried anything from smashbox before but I was interested in their foundations as I've heard a lot of good things about both the HD foundation and studio skin, claiming that it leaves a natural look to the skin. This is something I struggle with as I find a lot of the foundations leave a cakey look behind or don't last for long at all.

I picked up the shade 1.1 which I believe is one of the lightest ones. Although the foundation was £27.50 I was so desperate to find a foundation I would be willing to spend any amount of money! The smashbox website says the foundation is medium - buildable coverage which I don't believe is true. I started to apply the foundation with my sponge which I always use as I find it gives best results for me, and I just found it to be so hard to blend and very sticky. I finally managed to get onto the second layer of foundation and sure my skin colour looked a bit more even but the scars and marks( even the nearly faded ones) still hadn't been anywhere near covered ! I am so shocked by this and how awful it left my skin looking. It definitely is not '15 hour' wear foundation, by around the 5th hour I had patches that had completely wiped off. I applied about 2 layers to my whole face and then a bit more to the scars. However I still needed to use a concealer, and I never usually have to use a concealer because most of the foundations I've used cover well enough. I then set with rimmel stay matte powder and went out for the day and let me tell you this foundation creased in all the fine lines on my face ! It made me look about 10 years older than I actually am! I had what looked like wrinkles under my eyes, round my mouth, on my chin! I've never had a foundation that does this before. I wouldn't say this was a matte foundation but it also wasn't a dewy foundation, so somewhere in between. I have combination dry skin with some oily patches so I was very surprised that this foundation didn't work for me.

Overall I would say this foundation is made for people with already clear skin. I find it highlights all the impurities you may have without really covering much. I am very disappointed with the foundation and I've already put it up for sale !

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2014 6:39:00 AM More reviews by makeupreviews97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Okay so its an alright foundation.. buttt

PROS:
-looks nice when fist applied
-good coverage
-nice packaging

CONS:
-first time after wearing this i took off my makeup and my skin looked shocking
-my skin went oily pretty quick
-Lasting power isnt that great

First time i wore this i asked someone there opinion on how it looked and they said they prefer my normal foundation so ill be sticking to my 'bourjois happy light foundation'
Its an okay foundation but i think i broke out because of it so i wouldnt recommend (and its pretty expensive as-well)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 2:39:00 AM More reviews by Ncynthia27

This foundation is great for oily skin. I love this product a lot, it's the best foundation I have ever tried, not to mention that it comes with a pump! Really really recommend it. The color match is perfect and the application is a natural matte.Coverage is medium and it's easy to blend but I wouldn't recommend it to someone who is looking to coverup acne since it's not a full coverage foundation and will emphasize the problematic area. The only problem is that it is quite expensive ($42 at sephora) but it's well worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2014 4:51:00 PM More reviews by duskheart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This foundation in the 1.2 color ended up being a great match for me. I discovered this product when I went to Sephora and received my Color IQ number. I am fair-skinned with golden undertones. It did not make me look washed out or too yellow. This really is a hydrating foundation! Some foundations show every little flake of dry skin you have on your face, but not this one.

I felt that the coverage of this foundation is lighter. I think it looks more natural that way. You can add more product to get a fuller coverage.

One reviewer on Sephora claimed this foundation made her break out. Currently, I have a few blemishes on my face in places I normally don't get them, and I am wondering if it's because of the foundation or because I've been more stressed out than normal lately. Honestly, I think the reality of wearing makeup all over your face is a clogged pore here and there. It's not a huge deal to me, but I still gave it a 4/5 anyway. I am hoping to buy more once I run out, but $42 is expensive to me. I don't know if I can always afford it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by esornart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For reference, shade 2.1 would be suitable for NC 20 girls.

CONS:
- shades lean towards yellow undertones and I have pink/neutral undertones

PROS:
- great coverage (buildable medium-full coverage)
- does not make me look shiny by mid-day (combo skin)
- makes my skin look flawless
- oil free

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Nikki321

Pros:
- lasts forever
- great coverage of redness/ acne
- good color match (1.1)
- 2-3 pumps covers face completely
- easy to apply (not too thick, not too runny)
- no fragrance
- oil-free

Cons:
- fairly expensive
- high chance its caused more breakouts

Overall, this foundation is one of the best I've tried. I had went through countless foundations (Rimmel, Vichy, Clinique, etc.) and none of them gave as good coverage as this had for my extreme redness from acne. The color was nearly a perfect match for my light skin (1.1) and it doesnt oil off (my skin is somewhat oily) and can be kinda tough to wash off at the end off the day, thats how well it stays. The only problem is I think its caused more breakouts because by the time I go to remove it, I have atleast 2 or 3 more pimples, bummer. Otherwise, its an excellent foundation, but sadly I guess i'll need to keep searching.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by FionaRivera

I cannot say enough about how amazing this product is. Completely worth the money you pay for. I used two pumps and it covered my entire face and neck. It is buildable coverage. They have so many shades to choose from! Such a beautiful natural velvet finish but not matte at all. I recommend this to every person who wears liquid foundation. Lasts all day long. Just buy it and see for yourself.