Diesel Loverdose EDP

3.7

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

The scent: this certainly is an evening fragrance. I've worn it during the day but it is too heavy and musky for appropriate day wear. It reminds me of "Alien" and it would be a good subsitute although it doesn't have the staying power of Mugler's fragrance. I found that the smell wore away after a while despite applying a significant amount. It has a deep and velvety aroma which I liked interjected with sweetness and vanilla. I got several compliments about Loverdose when wearing it however this was only in the morning - by mid afternoon, there was no scent left.

The bottle: I'm not crazy about the bottle design purely because it kept falling over - it is attractive looking but not the most practical. But when are they ever?

Price: this was a gift however I've looked at the general price range in my local chemists and it is similar to other fragrances however, for the price, I would be far more likely to opt for something else.

Overall: I liked the fragrance in general and it served me well while it lasted, despite it not being long lasting. I won't be repurchasing this and will probably save my money for something that I like a lot more.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this as a Christmas present and really liked it. But that's where it ends.

I like it. Compared to my other perfumes, it's nothing special. I like the scent but it's just not enough to push me to buy it again if it ever runs out.

Sounds odd, but I have to be in a certain mood to wear this. It's a dark scent unlike all my other perfumes. The last thing I do before leaving the house is put on perfume and Loverdose is usually not choice of the day!

Sweet, warm and sexy. I bought this without having smelled it, based on the notes and reviews, and was a little worried that the licorice note would be too strong - but I found it did not overwhelm this scent at all. This reminds me a LOT of Armani Code - so much so that I sprayed a little of each on my arms to compare. Loverdose is softer, sweeter, and the jasmine note is not nearly as strong...it's the quieter, more modest sister to Code's daring, sexy siren.

If you normally wear soft florals or crisp, clean soapy or citrus scents, this is probably not for you. But if you like stronger, sweeter scents (some favorites of mine are Hypnotic Poison, Armani Code, Fancy, Pink Sugar), you'll most likely enjoy Loverdose too - I did!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I did not buy this, but tried it on many occasions on. Too sweet and head-ache inducing....

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The bottle is one of the prettiest I've seen. The juice inside..not so much. I'm actually super disappointed.

I can't find this anywhere near me so I ordered it blindly on Ebay (great price btw). I was hoping for the blast of licorice, the warmness, the vanilla, the woods but all I get is grape soda then generic-ness. This seriously has no oomph to it at all. I can never see how it can be compared to Lolita...it only makes me think of Lolita's kid sister trying to play dress up.

Definitely get a sample first but the only thing worth the price tag is the gorgeous bottle.

I will definitely give it another chance but so far I'm not impressed at all. What a shame.

I like this perfume! I'm a fan of musky, darker scents like Lancome Hypnose and Armani Code so I hoped this would deliver similar results. Did it? Well, not exactly.

When first applied I got quite an over powering smell of liquorish, not very appealing. However it does mellow out into a nice musky, slightly floral scent, which I really liked. I got a lot of compliments over this scent.

Staying power is not good. It lasted about 3 hours on me, and by the end of that time there was barely any scent left at all. For an expensive perfume, you need to use a lot to make it last. I find that layering up with the Loverdose body lotion helps a lot though (but again, this is expensive)

A massive plus is the bottle. I love it! The purple heart shaped bottle catches the light beautifully and remineded me a bit of Angel- definately the nicest bottle I have in my collection.

I would but this again, but I only use it for special occaisions due to the price and poor staying power. Lovely scent though!

I have to say I realy like it wasnt expecting much but Im a sucker for anything gourmand so I decided to give it a try.......... and at fidrt it smelled as cough syrup... but it develops very nicely it is liquorice at a 100% If you dislike sweet scent I would not advise to get this because it can be very sweet but on the right body chemistry I really thik it is very deligthfull and overall very very lovely has good staying power for a diesel perfume !!

love

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am in love with this fragrance! First of all the bottle is just a winner, its so adorable and cute. & also i love licorice and the fact that this scent smells like licorice is just totally great. The licorice smell goes away after a while though leaving you with a vanilla, musky, caramelly warm scent. Its a very sweet and girly scent. If you do not like the smell of licorice i wouldnt recommend it though.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

A really pleasing cutey from the bottle to the last waft disappearing. Really the only thing that turns me away is its high price point with poor lasting power - only 2 hours on me. One thing I find fun with perfume is to try a new one and guess what the fragrance notes before I've read anything about it, in fact I'd never heard the name Loverdose nor seen the ads so trying this out was a fun experience. After spotting it first on the shelf out of hundreds and squealing loudly, "OOOH LOOK AT THAT PURPLE!!!" I boldy sprayed a sample on and was happy to find the perfume inside really suits the bottle. Its a sweet, tropical, fruity foodie vanilla scent. It smells to me like blackberry, mandarin, creamy vanilla and a hint of warm spices. But apparently what I though was blackberry is liquorice, it had me fooled. I think it smells deliciously "purple", in the way Avon's Fergie, or Shiseido's Zen Purple, or The BodyShop's Dewberry does. It also reminds me of Paris Hilton's Heiress, with all the fruity sugary vanilla notes. I think what I love about these cupcake types of fragrances is there aren't any sharp, or wierd out-of-place showoff notes to spoil it, its sweet and feminine, and holiday-like from the first burst of spray to the last hint softly fading away on the skin. And thats nice.

FAMILY: Gourmand Oriental
TOP: Star Anise, Mandarin
MID: Sambac Jasmine, Licorice, Gardenia
BOTTOM: Amber, Vanilla, Woods

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I had a sniff of this in the shops a few months ago and instantly thought of Vera Wang Princess and Calvin Klein Euphoria all in one. It's very strong and sweet but as it reminds me of so much else, also a bit generic? My initial thought was, this is a pretty standard kind of scent, nothing unusual about it at all, but... what's so wrong with that? It's girly and very sweet and I like that kind of thing. But then I bought it and wore it to work and realised it's too strong. My sister smelt it and the first thing she said was 'you smell like a chav on the bus' - british slang there, but to translate, smelling 'like a chav on the bus' = bad.

So I swiftly got rid of it. The more I smelt it the more I realised I smelt like a brothel, or something. It's just too in your face sickly sugary sweetness, at least on my skin. And it stops being sweet and girly and just overbearing.

Popular Fragrances