December 22, 2014 | 1878 users online

Fragrances - Diesel - Loverdose EDP

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2012 8:57:00 AM More reviews by hellohappiness

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this perfume! I'm a fan of musky, darker scents like Lancome Hypnose and Armani Code so I hoped this would deliver similar results. Did it? Well, not exactly.

When first applied I got quite an over powering smell of liquorish, not very appealing. However it does mellow out into a nice musky, slightly floral scent, which I really liked. I got a lot of compliments over this scent.

Staying power is not good. It lasted about 3 hours on me, and by the end of that time there was barely any scent left at all. For an expensive perfume, you need to use a lot to make it last. I find that layering up with the Loverdose body lotion helps a lot though (but again, this is expensive)

A massive plus is the bottle. I love it! The purple heart shaped bottle catches the light beautifully and remineded me a bit of Angel- definately the nicest bottle I have in my collection.

I would but this again, but I only use it for special occaisions due to the price and poor staying power. Lovely scent though!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by PINUPROCK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have to say I realy like it wasnt expecting much but Im a sucker for anything gourmand so I decided to give it a try.......... and at fidrt it smelled as cough syrup... but it develops very nicely it is liquorice at a 100% If you dislike sweet scent I would not advise to get this because it can be very sweet but on the right body chemistry I really thik it is very deligthfull and overall very very lovely has good staying power for a diesel perfume !!

love

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2012 6:07:00 AM More reviews by annettepe

I am in love with this fragrance! First of all the bottle is just a winner, its so adorable and cute. & also i love licorice and the fact that this scent smells like licorice is just totally great. The licorice smell goes away after a while though leaving you with a vanilla, musky, caramelly warm scent. Its a very sweet and girly scent. If you do not like the smell of licorice i wouldnt recommend it though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 6:25:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

A really pleasing cutey from the bottle to the last waft disappearing. Really the only thing that turns me away is its high price point with poor lasting power - only 2 hours on me. One thing I find fun with perfume is to try a new one and guess what the fragrance notes before I've read anything about it, in fact I'd never heard the name Loverdose nor seen the ads so trying this out was a fun experience. After spotting it first on the shelf out of hundreds and squealing loudly, "OOOH LOOK AT THAT PURPLE!!!" I boldy sprayed a sample on and was happy to find the perfume inside really suits the bottle. Its a sweet, tropical, fruity foodie vanilla scent. It smells to me like blackberry, mandarin, creamy vanilla and a hint of warm spices. But apparently what I though was blackberry is liquorice, it had me fooled. I think it smells deliciously "purple", in the way Avon's Fergie, or Shiseido's Zen Purple, or The BodyShop's Dewberry does. It also reminds me of Paris Hilton's Heiress, with all the fruity sugary vanilla notes. I think what I love about these cupcake types of fragrances is there aren't any sharp, or wierd out-of-place showoff notes to spoil it, its sweet and feminine, and holiday-like from the first burst of spray to the last hint softly fading away on the skin. And thats nice.

FAMILY: Gourmand Oriental
TOP: Star Anise, Mandarin
MID: Sambac Jasmine, Licorice, Gardenia
BOTTOM: Amber, Vanilla, Woods

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2012 5:16:00 PM More reviews by saracc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had a sniff of this in the shops a few months ago and instantly thought of Vera Wang Princess and Calvin Klein Euphoria all in one. It's very strong and sweet but as it reminds me of so much else, also a bit generic? My initial thought was, this is a pretty standard kind of scent, nothing unusual about it at all, but... what's so wrong with that? It's girly and very sweet and I like that kind of thing. But then I bought it and wore it to work and realised it's too strong. My sister smelt it and the first thing she said was 'you smell like a chav on the bus' - british slang there, but to translate, smelling 'like a chav on the bus' = bad.

So I swiftly got rid of it. The more I smelt it the more I realised I smelt like a brothel, or something. It's just too in your face sickly sugary sweetness, at least on my skin. And it stops being sweet and girly and just overbearing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by rena10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

THIS IS MY FAV SCENT .....AT THE MOMENT.....ITS VERY NICE ON MY SKIN...PRETTY,SEXY ,SWEET....ESCADA MAGNATISM...DOSED UP WITH VANILLA CANDY!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by PrettyHandsomeAwkward

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this perfume! It smells like licorice mixed with vanilla and something sweet like cotton candy. I can also smell some woods which gives the fragrance som edge and stops it from beeing too sweet. Many people are compairing Loverdose to Lolita lempicka. I have both scents and I personally don't think that they smell the same at all. To me Lolita is very powdery and smells kind of "old", it basically smells like something an older lady would wear. Loverdose is more sharp and edgy.The licorice note in Loverdose is also way more authentic than in Lolita which to me is a good thing since I love licorice! Loverdose is that kind of perfume that I would wear when i want to feel super feminine and sexy. It would be suitable for a date or a night out. The lasting power of this scent is also very good. On my skin it lasts about 12h +.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by captainflamingo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Scent: I hated it at first. On paper, it's licorice- very sweet licorice. But once on skin, it turns a bit muskier and darker, even a bit spicy. Still, the strongest note is the black licorice and I love it, despite not being able to stomach the candy. It is very sweet, but a tolerable, non-candy sweet. It's hard to describe. The candy note is very prominent but tangled with the jasmine, star anise, and amber, does not resemble something you eat. It's strong in the first spritzes so I only spray it once or twice, but it doesn't last too well. It's a headstrong scent, definitely not a classic.
Bottle: Kind of awkward. I've seen it displayed upside down, on its back, on the side, at an angle, etc. It's an angular, purple heart. Quite cute.
Price: In CDN dollars, it's $54, $69, and a whopping $93 for 30, 50, and 75ml. I think it's pretty high for the lasting power(5 hours max on me) and the amount. I have two samples that I'm working through. I'm seriously considering purchasing, but I'm not sure if it's a scent I want to commit to.
Also, I don't believe the whole "2 molecules that makes people feel attraction" stuff at all, but I do receive a fair share of compliments when wearing this scent.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2012 11:46:00 AM More reviews by LivFormston1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

EW, is the only word needed saying. I hate this perfume. I tried a small amount of a friend's and whenever I caught a whiff of it, I almost heaved. It's far too sickly sweet, powdery and smells very strongly of liquorice, which I hate. It lingers on your skin for a small amount of time before developing into a heavy burnt sugar smell. Hated it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 1:35:00 PM More reviews by saint1

LOVE this perfume!
Have been wanting this for a long time and finally got it, and haven't stopped wearing it!
I get compliments every time I wear it and I don't think I'll get sick of it any time soon!