September 21, 2014 | 1785 users online

Mascara - Jordana - Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2014 2:26:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I caved into the reviews and purchased a tube on eBay and I'm not disappointed.
In fact, I'm so impressed that I made the trek across the border and picked up two more tubes at Walgreens. (the things we do for makeup!)

The formula is rather wet and I can see how it can clump lashes together especially when using a brand new tube. I wipe the wand along the opening of the tube to remove any excess and this works for me in avoiding clumpy, spidery lashes. (hence the one lipstick off the rating as I'm not crazy about having to wipe off excess mascara)
I should note that my lashes are very thin and short and they work well with this sort of formula. If your lashes are relatively thick and full, this mascara will probably end up clumping.

The pigment is a deep black and despite its name, it's mainly a lengthening mascara but it does give decent volume. I like to layer it with a thickening mascara for that extra oomph.
My lashes have fantastic length when I wear this mascaras and staying power is excellent - lasts all day without smudging or flaking.
Jordana retails for $2.99 and it proves that you don't need to spend the big bucks on high end mascaras.

Be prepared for some serious panda eyes when you remove at night as I found out. I like to use a q-tip dipped in eye makeup remover as a final clean up to avoid that dreaded 'black ring' look in the morning.

I'll definitely repurchase this mascara or stock up if I'm at a Walgreens.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 12:35:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

This was a bit messy to use. I found that it starts to dry somewhat in the tube and becomes clumpy. Overall I was not thrilled with the formula, the brush, the wear, or the look of this on my lashes.
I would not repurchase or recommend to any one.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2014 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Esmeraldaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved the outcome! Just a bit too much mascara on the brush but otherwise great. Until like two hours later is the problem. Your eyes will not stop itching it is horrible. This happened to my friend also.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2014 5:20:00 AM More reviews by Nirhtuc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I agree with the review before mine...

I got not one, but two tubes of this as part of a pretty good deal, since it's not available where I live. I was fairly satisfied with the product the first couple of times I used it. However, it became very dry, clumpy, and thick after a couple of months. I don't use the applicator (since I find the technique of smearing a layer of mascara onto a metal lash comb and using that a highly effective way of lengthening and separating lashes), but the product looks quite scary on it!

All in all, I can't recommend this mascara to others, and I'm now on the hunt for a good mascara to use with my lash comb!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by mehevans

This mascara is really confusing to me. After hearing all the hype about it, I decided to give it a try. With a $2 price tag, what did I have to lose right? At first impression, this mascara was wonderful, and gave me great volume and length with a nice black color. Within only about a week of using it however, the packaging completely cracked apart. I never dropped it or anything, so I leave it to poor package quality. While it looks good on the lashes, it is very annoying to get off, even with makeup remover, yet somehow it streaks a lot with any contact with water. I had really high hopes for this mascara, but I guess you get what you pay for

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by vhanshaw

I love this mascara. It's nice and black, goes on smooth, and doesn't clump as long as you don't put on a zillion coats. I use two coats and my eyelashes look exactly like I want them to.

As for getting it off, it was a little difficult until I figured out a trick. I wet a wash cloth with warm water, don't wring it out. and hold the cloth over my eye lashes for a moment. The heat and the water loosens the mascara. I gently wipe at my lashes a few times before I apply coconut oil to my entire face, eyes included. Sure I get black smears all over my face but I just wash it off with the cloth. No other soap or makeup remover works better than coconut oil.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2014 10:59:00 AM More reviews by mexicancrackles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When I first got this, I was so excited to try it because of all the amazing reviews I had seen. When I tried it for the first time, at first it made my lashes look amazing and fluttery, but then after 30 seconds, my eyelashes fell straight down. So unfortunately, if your eyelashes are not usually able to hold a curl, this won't work that well for you. It also smudges and flakes like crazy.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2014 11:04:00 PM More reviews by clp0930

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this mascara quite a bit. I've bought a few tubes, I won't repurchase for awhile though since right now I have allergies so it's flaking and smudging a bit. For the price it's a great mascara, I never repurchase mascara but I've bought several tubes of this. I'll buy it again in the winter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2014 10:52:00 PM More reviews by rallu

This was a nice surprise... gave me some nice volume but not so much length though... It is a volumizing mascara after all. My search continues...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 5:05:00 PM More reviews by MysteriousMagicalMUAer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was amazed with this mascara. It's only $3 but doesn't lack in quality. It's more volumizing than Loreal voluminous & Maybelline full n soft. The color is very black BUT in sunlight it tends to look a bit grey/dry. It smudges on me, like I've said before, they all do. Overall this is a very good mascara & I will be repurchasing!