October 2, 2014 | 962 users online

Makeup Brushes - Shiseido - Perfect Foundation Brush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I recently bought this brush and the first thing I noticed was how much smaller it is compared to most foundation brushes.

I do not have big hands and using it the brush is no problem. But, it is tedious to use as it is smaller.... It takes a little more time to use this.

But the result is flawless. I feel like I use less product have this brush. I believe the technique with this brush is to "stipple". But it could be used any way which floats your boat, Im sure the result would still be nice with this brush.

the bristles are soft, very dense and angles.

until now, I have not experienced the brush shedding.

Overall, very pleased as with most Shiseido's items.

UPDATE 11.07.2013: Still going good! No shedding. Still applies like new. BUT THIS BRUSH IS A PAIN IN THE A%& TO CLEAN AND DRY! I recommend investing in a good brush cleaner just for this brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by Kentauride

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am a big fan of foundation brushes. I have rosacea and I need to use a stippling action to get the right effect. This brush is really great for that, but it's not so great for the more traditional circular motion.

What I love about it - the quality is impressive for the price point. Good brushes do not come cheap. The brush head is densely packed, the angle of the bristles is incredibly precise. It has not lost a single bristle yet. Despite the firm feel of the brush head, the bristles themselves are very soft and not prickly. It is also a beautiful little brush just from an aesthetics point of view. The small angled head is perfect for detail work like around the nose and lips.

What I don't love about it - the size. The handle is really short, and the brush head is pretty small, I'd say somewhere between dime and nickel sized in diameter. It looks like a travel brush, and it almost disappears down into the cup where I store my brushes upright (after drying of course). It takes more time to do your entire face with this than if you used a bigger brush. It does take some persistence to get it clean because it is so dense, and it doesn't dry overnight in my climate which sucks. It is easier to clean if you clean it often, like once a week, but because it dries so slowly it can be inconvenient - especially if it is your only brush.

So bottom line - it is a good brush if you have the time and patience to deal with it. I would probably buy it again if I lost it because it definitely has its uses, but I am interested in finding another brush with a similar brush head style that is larger, both the head diameter and handle length.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first flat-top foundation brush I've tried and it's awesome! I didn't think anything could possibly blend in liquid foundation better than the brushes I already had (Armani and Prescriptives) or the Beauty Blender sponge, but this is amazing. It really buffs in the foundation so that it's totally seamless - no streaks and a flawless finish. I've had it for a few months now so I've washed it a bunch, and it's still incredibly soft. If you're looking to upgrade your foundation brush, this is the one to get.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by imperiale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

So I usually use a Beauty Blender, and am generally not super keen on brushes (although I do prefer them for powder) - but this is a massive exception!

A friend of mine has a similar brush and let me have a feel of it...I knew I had to get myself something similar, so I bought myself this Shisheido brush. Best call ever.

The brush has short, dense, and velvety bristles - and does a miraculous job buffing and blending foundation into skin. I didn't think anything could beat my Beauty Blender, but this might be my new favourite! Some reviews have complained that the size of the brush is too small for their liking - I personally think that the size is perfect: you can easily buff into your nose and around your eyes... I've yet to try this for contouring, but I have a feeling it would be ideal for it!

I've got no complaints about this brilliant little brush :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2013 10:44:00 AM More reviews by violetmist

Having used (infrequently) those flat paddle-like foundation brushes I didn't see any need for another one. But the reviews convinced me to try this out. It makes a phenomenal difference in the finish of my foundation unlike the others that only served to swish it around my skin. The shape, cut an density of this pushes the product into crevices and pores while simultaneously buffing. I wish I had this years ago. Comments on the smallness seem strange because it is just different and if you want something the size of a housepaint brush then use that. We are apply makeup to our faces ladies not painting a barn! Because it is so very dense it has to be washed and rinsed a few times after use to get the product out and it does take longer to dry. This even creates a smoother less detectable finish for my undereye concealer. A very worthwhile investment at $30.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by stealthxgrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite brush for applying foundation. I've only used it with liquid foundations, but it works like a dream. My foundation always looks flawless thanks to this little brush, and I no longer have to deal with the constant shedding I experienced with my MAC 187. This brush doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, which is a huge plus (I often have this issue with other brushes). When applying foundation with this brush, my pores completely disappear... not the case with my other brushes. I don't mind the size, and I actually prefer it over the typical longer brushes.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by SeasideMel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush after reading some rave reviews, but after using it for a little over a week, I can't say I'm that impressed. I don't think it's any better than Real Techniques stipple brush. Why pay 3x the price for a Shiseido brush when you can get a brush which works just as well for $9. In addition, the RT brush is easier to use because it has a longer handle.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by missbliss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

When I first got this brush, I was using as much foundation as I always did (like a full pump out of my MAC bottle) and I wasn't that impressed with the results. Streaky, too much...very similar to using my fingers. But I finally caught on that you need to use less product with a brush...in fact, that's one of the benefits. Now I get a very natural look, but just as much coverage. I don't know how that's possible but I guess that's the magic of proper tools.

It can leave small streaks here & there. I just lightly buff them with my fingertip. Bonus: painting my face with this brush is super fun!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Leelee57

There's not much positives I can write about this brush. I don't like that it's extremely hard to clean since it clings onto my foundation and takes forever to dry. During the winter my skin can get pretty flaky, and the few times I've used this brush to buff my foundation on, it makes my skin look flakier. I don't seem to have that problem with my Sigma brushes at all. For $30 you can get nearly two Sigma brushes that work a lot better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I bought this brush about a year ago and to be honest I hardly ever use it. It's just too small for an everyday morning make-up routine. Yes, you can use it for that if that's the only brush in your collection but that's not the case for me. The only thing I do use it for (rarely though) is to blend my under eye concealer. Oh, and I do use it to apply me cream blushes, but I rarely use them. For the rest... it's a good brush but I much prefer my beloved sigma F80, which is somewhat bigger. What I do like about this Shiseido brush is its short handle. I tend to hit my mirror with my brushes with longer handles a lot :)