December 22, 2014 | 1836 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - Infiniti Spin Air Brush

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Marjacobs27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bulky, heavy and too much trouble for what the results are. I get my hair done in way less time with my Karmin hair dryer. Won't be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 12:57:00 PM More reviews by julieejuicee

I was looking for a new blow dryer but I came across this spin air brush instead. I thought it was just a gimmicky product that didn't work, but I looked up reviews and they seemed overall pretty positive. I got it on Amazon for about $40, which is a good price compared to other places. Anyways, I use this on my hair after I air dry/towel dry it, while it's still a bit damp. I have short-med straight-ish hair and I thought the brush was big and a little heavy, but it works so well! I could never figure out how to use a blow dryer and brush to straighten my hair, so I would usually just blow dry it and use a straight iron, which gave me mehh results and just does twice the damage. Just using this brush minimizes the damage since i'm just using heat on it once. After using this product for the first time, everyone at work told me how good my hair looked. It's pretty easy to use, a little scary at first haha but it takes some practice to learn all the different ways you could style your hair. It gives me results similar to a salon, so i'm really satisfied with this product. It's amazing!

EDIT: I've been using this for awhile now, and it's my favorite styling tool. But I noticed that it does snag my hair a bit whenever I use it so it does cause some breakage, but not enough to deter me from using it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by JenPhil1313

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is a very unique hair drying/styling tool. It is somewhat similar to a hot air brush, but the brush at the end (with the push of a button) can spin continuously. Though this is a but pricey, I think it is worth the expense. This gives a salon blow out result for those that are inept with a separate brush and hair dryer (me!). And it seems every time that I use this, my hair looks softer and shinier. This is surprisingly easy to use too and seems to inflict less damage on my hair than the usual hot air brush that I was using. Generally speaking, this doesn't do all that much better of a job drying/styling than my $20 Revlon hot air bush, but it does produce a shinier, softer result. Where this product really excels is on freshening up second day hair. If you run the spin brush over your bangs and whole head, you're left with fuller, smoother, shinier hair. This does it all, dries and styles damp hair, styles dry hair, and freshens up second day (or third day) hair. I would specifically repurchase this if it broke.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by harrisss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this!!
When I first saw the ads, I laughed to myself. I thought this contraption would soon go the way of the Thigh Master and the Slap Chop. Then I read reviews and watched how-to videos on YouTube. I was intrigued but decided it would be too complicated for me; I'm uncoordinated and find it impossible to do the dryer/round brush routine. But I finally buckled and bought the Spin Air Brush, placing the receipt in my wallet with the conviction I would most probably be returning it.
That evening, I tried it on my dry hair to see if I could even operate this thing properly. Once I figured out the direction for each button, I put the device on low heat and placed it on the end of a chunk of hair, pressed the correct button and let it roll up to my scalp. Then I released the button and held the brush for a few seconds and removed it manually (directions say to press the opposite-direction button to release but that is just too complicated for me).
Holy cow! Even with DRY hair on LOW heat, my hair looked amazing! I didn't even run the brush along my hair (from scalp to ends) before I let it roll up my hair (the directions tell you to do this). I have very fine, thin, frizzy, wavy hair. Blow dryers often invite more frizz and flat irons, while damaging my hair, make it limp and stick-straight. This brush gave me soft, shiny, bouncy waves.
This morning, I took it to the gym. After my workout, I didn't bother washing my hair. Instead, I simply ran the brush through some sections, again, on low heat with dry hair. And once again I had amazing results.
Not only must this be much less damaging to my hair than a flat iron, but also, it produces most superior results for me. I was concerned the brush bristles would rip/pull my hair but they are very soft and the brush is pretty gentle too; it does not "yank" the hair. Thus, I am in love with this brush. To note: I have thin/fine wavy hair. I do not know if someone with thick and/or very curly hair would have the same results.
Some advice:
--NEVER use this on a very wet head. Wait until your hair is at least 90% dry.
--if complicated gadgets get you down, keep it simple. After rolling it up my hair, I often remove the brush manually instead of pressing the opposite button to release it (it's hard to see the buttons when doing your hair).
--cool shot button....haven't even bothered with it yet. WAY too complicated for me and my hair seems fine without it.
--don't just use it for post-showers. It's great for a hair refresher on dry locks. This gadget actually enables me to wash my hair less.
--in Canada, you can buy it on Amazon.ca, or at Rexall Drugstores and Sears

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by spykitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

i basically never dry my hair, but now that i'm out in the west i find that the bay area leaves my hair wet FOREVER. as a result, i am forced to use a hairdryer. i picked this one after not much research at all, and i'm pretty happy with it.

the ONLY drawback i see is that the brush spins a little too quickly for my liking. it doesn't get caught or tangled in your hair like it looks like it would (and trust me, i have quite coarse and thick hair that is prone to tangling if not smoothed to bits.) it does make your hair a little weirdly "thick" feeling. the bristles can also bend if you don't keep it in its stupid purple bristle protecting thing.

you also can't expect to use this immediately when you get out of the shower. let your hair airdry for a while. a long while. not like many people want to use a dryer on sopping wet hair anyhow. i mean, if you're on this site, you know to do that by now, anyhow. anyhow, the results are quite straight, shiny hair, but also hair that looks a little weirdly anchorwoman-ey if your hair is thick like mine. i'm very pleased that i grabbed this at a cheap price. i doubt i'd buy it again simply b/c new gimmicky stuff from conair comes around a lot, but i got it for cheap so i'm OK with it. if you find it for cheap, and you use it properly, it's a decent item.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2012 9:41:00 AM More reviews by pr0cessa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great brush. It's lightweight and easy to work with. The rotating brush never gets tangled up in my wavy, long, fine hair. For me, on the rare occasion when I want to blow my hair out straight, this is much easier than using a standard hairdryer + round brush combo. It's the closest I've come to a salon-looking blowout at home. The brush doesn't get extremely hot so I feel it damages hair less than a regular 1875 watt dryer. I let my hair air dry about 75% before using this and it does provide sleekness and shine that you won't find in a regular dryer. Highly recommend, well worth the $50 I spent.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by silverbrook

So. I ordered this from Amazon a few weeks ago and have used it several times since. On Amazon, it shipped free for $47 so try to buy it there if you can. Drug store prices are hefty! The product itself is not very heavy in my opinion. No arm fatigue here. However, I am a gym climber so I don't know if my assessment would fly with other ladies who think this is a bit heavy and cumbersome. The spinning directions are not very difficult to figure out in my opinion, though there still seems to be a learning curve. I haven't gotten a great routine down yet but my use seems to improve each time. On my long, slightly wavy and smooth but slightly damaged hair, this seems to catch the hair well and send it into the spinning action you see in the videos. I'm not sure how well it would fare on other hair types. I would consider my hair type to be quite receptive to styling. It generates nice volume and shape. However, it does not give you the absolutely polished look that you get when someone gives you a good blowout at the salon. It might just be my styling idiocy (I've never been able to get anywhere close to giving myself a proper blowout) however. I think a very slight issue is that the air is blowing outward from the brush, so if you have a lot of different layers and random broken hairs those may get blown outward a bit instead of inward as with a typical blow dry. That being said, if you are like me and really have no clue what you're doing this will definitely make you look more put-together than the usual air dried shapeless look that I show up at work with.

All in all, I give it a 4/5 since it hasn't absolutely transformed me yet, but I do think it works quite well! And I still probably have more to learn.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2012 7:18:00 PM More reviews by tajwae

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I haven't written a review for a long time, but I had to for this. This thing is amazing! My hair was a bleach-blonde mess and very unruly. One day I decided to dye it brownish-red and saw this in Walgreens for about $60. I saw an ad for this earlier and thought "what the heck, my hair couldn't look any worse". My hair has never looked more healthy (along with not bleaching it anymore and I started using Wen) and have gotten so many compliments! My coworker even said my hair looks like "perfection" since I started using it. I have hair that is a little longer than shoulder-length. There is definitely a learning-curve in this - the easiest for me is to blow dry to about 80% dry, then use this. I do not need to use any styling product. I would pay twice as much for this and I am even thinking of buying a backup in case this one would break - I would be devastated!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2012 1:16:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

I got this as an xmas present from my boyfriend, I practically screamed when I unwrapped it as I have been eyeing this brush for months!

When it comes to blow drying and curling with a round brush, I am not talented at all. I get really frusterated because I can't seem to get a hang of it. With this brush- it's a whole different story!

It's really light weight, so light suprisingly...no more tired hands from a blowdryer and brush.

This takes a bit of practice, as the first night I rolled the brush too close and tight to my head then rolled it the other direction and tangled my hair up.
But after a few days, you get used to the buttons and it is really easy.

I love how it makes my hair super soft and shiny. I keep touching my hair because it is sooo smooth.

I am giving this a 4 because of 2 things: volume and the cool setting. I haven't seen any real volume using this, I thought I would have big body and voluminous hair. My hair is super fine and thin and long. It looks more like the models picture on the before after I use it rather than the after which looks like she has 10x more hair.

the brush doesn't rotate on the cool setting...I wish it did because I am prone to damage because of heat styling and I would love to style it without the heat.

Overall, it a good brush. And I am sooo glad I finally have it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by cece1007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have a broken arm/elbow and am temporarily one handed...I have tried two well-rated styling brushes with no success...too heavy and cumbersome for one hand...I found this little gem by accident and hesitated because of the price...Finally, I bought it today at Walmart for $49.97...a great price for my area where they are going for $60.00..
GLORY!!!!...after one attempt with one hand by someone who is not hair talented...I have curls...I was able to work it with absolutely no problem...wasn't too heavy and with just a little practice, I was able to work the direction of the brushes...My hair(curly, below shoulder) looks salon set...After looking at ungroomed hair for the past month, I am in heaven...The price was cheap when I think of how much agony I have gone through with no set hair...
Give this little sweetheart a try...I bet you will love it as much as I do!!!