July 31, 2014 | 1082 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - Infiniti Spin Air Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by JenPhil1313

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is a very unique hair drying/styling tool. It is somewhat similar to a hot air brush, but the brush at the end (with the push of a button) can spin continuously. Though this is a but pricey, I think it is worth the expense. This gives a salon blow out result for those that are inept with a separate brush and hair dryer (me!). And it seems every time that I use this, my hair looks softer and shinier. This is surprisingly easy to use too and seems to inflict less damage on my hair than the usual hot air brush that I was using. Generally speaking, this doesn't do all that much better of a job drying/styling than my $20 Revlon hot air bush, but it does produce a shinier, softer result. Where this product really excels is on freshening up second day hair. If you run the spin brush over your bangs and whole head, you're left with fuller, smoother, shinier hair. This does it all, dries and styles damp hair, styles dry hair, and freshens up second day (or third day) hair. I would specifically repurchase this if it broke.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by harrisss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this!!
When I first saw the ads, I laughed to myself. I thought this contraption would soon go the way of the Thigh Master and the Slap Chop. Then I read reviews and watched how-to videos on YouTube. I was intrigued but decided it would be too complicated for me; I'm uncoordinated and find it impossible to do the dryer/round brush routine. But I finally buckled and bought the Spin Air Brush, placing the receipt in my wallet with the conviction I would most probably be returning it.
That evening, I tried it on my dry hair to see if I could even operate this thing properly. Once I figured out the direction for each button, I put the device on low heat and placed it on the end of a chunk of hair, pressed the correct button and let it roll up to my scalp. Then I released the button and held the brush for a few seconds and removed it manually (directions say to press the opposite-direction button to release but that is just too complicated for me).
Holy cow! Even with DRY hair on LOW heat, my hair looked amazing! I didn't even run the brush along my hair (from scalp to ends) before I let it roll up my hair (the directions tell you to do this). I have very fine, thin, frizzy, wavy hair. Blow dryers often invite more frizz and flat irons, while damaging my hair, make it limp and stick-straight. This brush gave me soft, shiny, bouncy waves.
This morning, I took it to the gym. After my workout, I didn't bother washing my hair. Instead, I simply ran the brush through some sections, again, on low heat with dry hair. And once again I had amazing results.
Not only must this be much less damaging to my hair than a flat iron, but also, it produces most superior results for me. I was concerned the brush bristles would rip/pull my hair but they are very soft and the brush is pretty gentle too; it does not "yank" the hair. Thus, I am in love with this brush. To note: I have thin/fine wavy hair. I do not know if someone with thick and/or very curly hair would have the same results.
Some advice:
--NEVER use this on a very wet head. Wait until your hair is at least 90% dry.
--if complicated gadgets get you down, keep it simple. After rolling it up my hair, I often remove the brush manually instead of pressing the opposite button to release it (it's hard to see the buttons when doing your hair).
--cool shot button....haven't even bothered with it yet. WAY too complicated for me and my hair seems fine without it.
--don't just use it for post-showers. It's great for a hair refresher on dry locks. This gadget actually enables me to wash my hair less.
--in Canada, you can buy it on Amazon.ca, or at Rexall Drugstores and Sears

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by spykitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

i basically never dry my hair, but now that i'm out in the west i find that the bay area leaves my hair wet FOREVER. as a result, i am forced to use a hairdryer. i picked this one after not much research at all, and i'm pretty happy with it.

the ONLY drawback i see is that the brush spins a little too quickly for my liking. it doesn't get caught or tangled in your hair like it looks like it would (and trust me, i have quite coarse and thick hair that is prone to tangling if not smoothed to bits.) it does make your hair a little weirdly "thick" feeling. the bristles can also bend if you don't keep it in its stupid purple bristle protecting thing.

you also can't expect to use this immediately when you get out of the shower. let your hair airdry for a while. a long while. not like many people want to use a dryer on sopping wet hair anyhow. i mean, if you're on this site, you know to do that by now, anyhow. anyhow, the results are quite straight, shiny hair. i'm very pleased that i grabbed this at a cheap price. i doubt i'd buy it again simply b/c new gimmicky stuff from conair comes around a lot, but i got it for cheap so i'm OK with it. if you find it for cheap, and you use it properly, it's a decent item.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2012 9:41:00 AM More reviews by pr0cessa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great brush. It's lightweight and easy to work with. The rotating brush never gets tangled up in my wavy, long, fine hair. For me, on the rare occasion when I want to blow my hair out straight, this is much easier than using a standard hairdryer + round brush combo. It's the closest I've come to a salon-looking blowout at home. The brush doesn't get extremely hot so I feel it damages hair less than a regular 1875 watt dryer. I let my hair air dry about 75% before using this and it does provide sleekness and shine that you won't find in a regular dryer. Highly recommend, well worth the $50 I spent.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by silverbrook

So. I ordered this from Amazon a few weeks ago and have used it several times since. On Amazon, it shipped free for $47 so try to buy it there if you can. Drug store prices are hefty! The product itself is not very heavy in my opinion. No arm fatigue here. However, I am a gym climber so I don't know if my assessment would fly with other ladies who think this is a bit heavy and cumbersome. The spinning directions are not very difficult to figure out in my opinion, though there still seems to be a learning curve. I haven't gotten a great routine down yet but my use seems to improve each time. On my long, slightly wavy and smooth but slightly damaged hair, this seems to catch the hair well and send it into the spinning action you see in the videos. I'm not sure how well it would fare on other hair types. I would consider my hair type to be quite receptive to styling. It generates nice volume and shape. However, it does not give you the absolutely polished look that you get when someone gives you a good blowout at the salon. It might just be my styling idiocy (I've never been able to get anywhere close to giving myself a proper blowout) however. I think a very slight issue is that the air is blowing outward from the brush, so if you have a lot of different layers and random broken hairs those may get blown outward a bit instead of inward as with a typical blow dry. That being said, if you are like me and really have no clue what you're doing this will definitely make you look more put-together than the usual air dried shapeless look that I show up at work with.

All in all, I give it a 4/5 since it hasn't absolutely transformed me yet, but I do think it works quite well! And I still probably have more to learn.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2012 7:18:00 PM More reviews by tajwae

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I haven't written a review for a long time, but I had to for this. This thing is amazing! My hair was a bleach-blonde mess and very unruly. One day I decided to dye it brownish-red and saw this in Walgreens for about $60. I saw an ad for this earlier and thought "what the heck, my hair couldn't look any worse". My hair has never looked more healthy (along with not bleaching it anymore and I started using Wen) and have gotten so many compliments! My coworker even said my hair looks like "perfection" since I started using it. I have hair that is a little longer than shoulder-length. There is definitely a learning-curve in this - the easiest for me is to blow dry to about 80% dry, then use this. I do not need to use any styling product. I would pay twice as much for this and I am even thinking of buying a backup in case this one would break - I would be devastated!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2012 1:16:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

I got this as an xmas present from my boyfriend, I practically screamed when I unwrapped it as I have been eyeing this brush for months!

When it comes to blow drying and curling with a round brush, I am not talented at all. I get really frusterated because I can't seem to get a hang of it. With this brush- it's a whole different story!

It's really light weight, so light suprisingly...no more tired hands from a blowdryer and brush.

This takes a bit of practice, as the first night I rolled the brush too close and tight to my head then rolled it the other direction and tangled my hair up.
But after a few days, you get used to the buttons and it is really easy.

I love how it makes my hair super soft and shiny. I keep touching my hair because it is sooo smooth.

I am giving this a 4 because of 2 things: volume and the cool setting. I haven't seen any real volume using this, I thought I would have big body and voluminous hair. My hair is super fine and thin and long. It looks more like the models picture on the before after I use it rather than the after which looks like she has 10x more hair.

the brush doesn't rotate on the cool setting...I wish it did because I am prone to damage because of heat styling and I would love to style it without the heat.

Overall, it a good brush. And I am sooo glad I finally have it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by cece1007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have a broken arm/elbow and am temporarily one handed...I have tried two well-rated styling brushes with no success...too heavy and cumbersome for one hand...I found this little gem by accident and hesitated because of the price...Finally, I bought it today at Walmart for $49.97...a great price for my area where they are going for $60.00..
GLORY!!!!...after one attempt with one hand by someone who is not hair talented...I have curls...I was able to work it with absolutely no problem...wasn't too heavy and with just a little practice, I was able to work the direction of the brushes...My hair(curly, below shoulder) looks salon set...After looking at ungroomed hair for the past month, I am in heaven...The price was cheap when I think of how much agony I have gone through with no set hair...
Give this little sweetheart a try...I bet you will love it as much as I do!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2011 9:16:00 PM More reviews by kaydeem

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This little tool is so cool. Although I have fine, straight-ish hair that SHOULD come out silky and shiny with a good blow dry, it never does when I do it at home. I really try very hard to maintain good technique when blow drying my own hair, but I somehow always wind up with more frizz than I can live with...so then I have to use a curling iron or pass it through a flat iron to get my hair to look smooth or shiny. My old two-tool technique works, but at the end of the day, that's two potentially damaging heat tools cooking my already-dry hair. But the Conair Spin Air Brush gives me silky smooth hair without the need for an iron. It is far superior to a separate brush and blow dryer for the following reasons:
-you will never inadvertently blow the dryer UP the hair shaft, roughing up the cuticle when you switch sections (like I always do by accident with a separate brush and dryer)
-it allows you to put the proper tension on the hair shaft that gives it a silky texture and high shine
-it easily and quickly allows you to manipulate the flow of your hair...you can angle your ends under or give them a sassy flip
-you can work the brush in near the root and hold it there to increase the overall volume of your hair.
The Spin Air Brush gives me results I could never before do by myself at home, with one tool. I echo the sentiments of other reviewers who say that it makes them look like they just got their hair done at the salon. And with a little hair oil and a careful brushing, I can hold on to my just-blown-out look for a day or two. Definitely couldn't do THAT before with my hair dryer...I'd always have Medusa hair after about 12 hours.
The directions that come with the tool recommend that your hair be 75-80% dry when you start. I've used it with my hair more wet than that, but it just takes too long, and pulling too hard (and the brush does create some degree of tension on the hair shaft) on soaking wet hair is not the best idea if your hair is at all fragile. I also recommend doing a youtube search for tutorials, there are a couple really good ones out there. Watching someone else use the Spin Air Brush softens the learning curve...because it does take a little while to get used to controlling the spin action on the brush (it moves in forward and reverse under your control).
I wanted this tool for quite a while and am so grateful that I finally have it. It really does deliver salon-fresh hair with less time and far less damage than my previous routine. Thank you, Conair. This tool is incredible.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by goldneye

Love this brush! I love the way it makes my hair look like I just left the salon. After just a few minutes I was used to working with it. LOVE IT and will definately buy another, just in case. Bought it a Bed, Bath & Beyond, paid full price but feel it was well worth it.