April 20, 2014 | 929 users online

Eyeliner - Too Faced - Perfect Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by sophiieenicole

Works so great in my waterline, but if I put it anywhere outside of my waterline, It smudges throughout the day. It really is waterproof and lasts a long time. The texture of it makes it so easy to put on and I'm able to put it in my waterline without my eyes watering. It goes by pretty quickly, but then again, I use it every day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 10:12:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I think this is a very good eyeliner. It might be one of the longest lasting pencils that I've ever used. I have the color Perfect Moss. It's a very pretty olive green with some sheen to it. Overall, it's a very nice pencil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2012 10:05:00 PM More reviews by timothybcat

This pencil is the polar opposite of every liner you've had to take a lighter or blow-dryer to. What's working for me right now is keeping it in the refrigerator, so it's just the right texture for application, sets more quickly, and doesn't smear into my eyes. There was no way, NO WAY, I could have anticipated how soft and pigment-dense it is. The first time I used this pencil it made a huge mess--blobs of black in my eye, under my eye, on my contacts, between my toes, on the dog, etc. I had to remove all my makeup and start all over again. I think that smearing problem many of you seem to share with me (especially ya'll contact wearers--holla!) having is that the formula is both so densely pigmented and yet so soft and creamy that once you apply it--boom--there it goes! Everywhere. But then it sets and stays put like nothing I've ever tried before. However, I certainly don't have the steadiest hands in the world and have to barely, barely touch my eye or else get a big black blob my lid and have to start my makeup from square one. Now that the application (which is the only problem I had) is resolved by keeping it in the fridge, it's the perfect, PERFECT liner, and I will definitely be buying more colors.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by herngc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this eyeliner its so dark and intense but unfortunately it dosent work well for people who wear contacts :( When i put it on it automatically irritated my eyes and made a black cloud on my contacts which made them really blurry :( Im pretty sure this eyeliner would work so good on people who don't wear contacts but for the people who do this dosent work well :(

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2012 3:51:00 PM More reviews by GardenValleyGirl

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OUCH! This made my eyes sting and water like crazy besides making my contacts cloudy. I loved how it went on in the store, easy to apply with no pull and great staying power (on my hand). However, by the time I drove home I was in tears. I wanted to like this...Too Bad, Too Faced!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by susjs

Oh how I wanted to love this when the adorable and charming makeup artist at Sephora told me it's the only thing he wears to make his upper lash line look thick and and it "never smudges or fades!" Sold. Except on me it both migrates and fades badly. I got this in Perfect Brown, a deep, matte, black-brown. Testers were probably missing but I think it also came in black and a few pretty shades of purple, one dark and blackened-plum and one lighter, warmer and more violet. The texture is unusually soft--its tip easily smooshes and breaks with the slightest pressure. I've had to sharpen it every time I wear it so I could see going through this in no time. I've worn it on 3 consecutive days and had to basically toss my contact lenses each time. So disappointed! Like some gel liners that don't agree with contact lenses, this one migrates [even though I'm only wearing it above my lash line and not in the water line or to tight line.] It clings to my lenses in a cloudy, indelible film. Very uncomfortable. I yanked out my lenses and inspected the liner after wearing it for under 2 hours today, on my normal lids with a primer [TFSI.] Even on my upper lash line it had faded and turned from an inky, dense line to a faded, patchy one. I'm glad others [adorable Sephora dude included] have had success with this but for me, a total fail.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2012 3:16:00 PM More reviews by minicapybara

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me say first of all, that I don't bother with any eyeliner now without putting on Urban Decay Primer Potion first. I have very oily skin and of course, oily eyelids. If I don't blot at least couple of times throughout the day, by early evening my eyes would be stinging. UDPP solved that problem and I wouldn't go a day without it.

Regarding eyeliners - I started off with Urban Decay 24/7, which was quite a bit better than any eyeliner I've tried up until then. Next came Carmindy's eyeliner...and it proved to be better than UD's (and cheaper!). Still, there was still some minor smudging at the end of the day, simply due to my oily skin. Too Faced, I have to say, turned out to be the "holy grail" for me (and I dislike throwing that term around lightly). Combined with UDPP, it stays on with no smudge for the entire day. The ultimate test came when I went trail running after work...right into a heavy downpour. I was soaked from head to toe, yet the eyeliner stayed on. Now that's just insane.

I currently use "Perfect Black Orchid", which is described as "blackened plum" on TF's website. I think the description is apt, and yet does not look harsh against my skintone. I have "Perfect Brown" on standby once I finish my existing brown liner. I find TF's liner the creamiest and easiest to apply, though that means more frequent sharpening. It's not a cheap product ($24 CAD plus tax), but that's why I got them during my trip to Portland ($18 US and no tax). To me it's worth it as anyone with very oily skin can tell you keeping eye makeup from melting off is just about impossible...but this eyeliner for me, is certainly part of the solution.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by catherine112

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have watery eyes and wear contacts. This product gave me raccoon eyes within 3 hrs. It was not on my waterline. Eyes were primed with UDPP and e/s...still the product did not last. Benefit's eyeliner & UD 24/7 was a tad bit better than this 2face.

Pro: creamy, smooth, very black, great smudger.
Con: Was not waterproof

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Hooooolllly moly, this is a fantastic eyeliner. I have all the colors and they're all gorgeous, creamy, and they stay put. I have not had any contact troubles like the reviewer below me - but just in case, try them one at a time instead of buying the whole set like I did, because they're pretty pricey. This is one of the few eyeliners that actually stays on my waterline! And the black is super black! And the blue is super blue! Okay, I'll stop. :) This one is definitely worth a try.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2012 5:26:00 AM More reviews by HKcupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

BEWARE IF YOU WEAR CONTACTS. I have this eyeliner in black and it's a nice dark black. It goes on smoothly and it has a nice staying power. This is a pretty good eyeliner IF you don't wear contacts. I applied this to my water-line as I usually do with eyeliners but I've never had a bad experience like this before. It made my contact's appear foggy.

The first time I used it nothing bad happened but the second time my contacts became foggy and it didn't go away. I even cleaned my contacts but the foggy part did not disappear as a result, I had to throw away my contacts. At first I wasn't sure what was causing my contact's to appear foggy because there were no black marks on my contacts it just looked foggy. So, I tried this eyeliner again and it made my contacts foggy and I had to throw away my new contacts. I am pretty upset because contacts aren't cheap and this stuff ruined them and this eyeliner isn't cheap either. The bottom line is this eyeliner is not contact safe but I wish it was. continued >>