October 24, 2014 | 1341 users online

Eye Shadow - Laura Mercier - Caviar Stick Eye Colour

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Beach

I have these in a few colors and love them! I line the lower & the upper inner rim with a brush or right from the tube and they last all day. No touching up necessary! Use them as shadows also and the color lasts and does not crease or fade. Just got the new shade Turquois and I love it....especially with the Cocoa. Great product!
12/9/12...Just wanted to add that I have found nothing that keeps the inner rims the same as when I put it on in the morning and lasts ALL day. Hope they add more colors soon!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2011 10:46:00 AM More reviews by OliveButtercup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love LM products and this is no exception. I have both khaki and smoke and while I love both I find myself wearing smoke pretty much every day. It goes on smooth and even and lasts all day, even on my oily skin. Be sure to smudge it right away because once it dries it's not going anywhere. I never thought I could wear a cream shadow like this but I'm so glad I found this product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Goldenstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

These color sticks are the best thing to come along in quite a while. These are super easy to work with, are versatile, the colors stay true, & they STAY PUT! I have Smoke, Sapphire, Jungle, & Khaki. I love every color I own. All are smokey, rich, sexy colors & are very wearable colors. Don't be afraid of the Sapphire or Jungle. They don't scream blue or green....they are just a smokey version of the color, & are GORGEOUS for day or evening. Good job Laura...NOBODY has a product like this, & it's perfection!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased two of these from Sephora during the F & F sale. I chose Khaki and Cocoa because I tend to stick to neutrals for eyeliners and eyeshadow shades. These have a very creamy consistency and apply easily. However, there is a slight learning curve to these. I prefer to use them as eyeliners as opposed to eyeshadows, and the shape of these is too thick to easily line the eyes.

So, I have an eyeliner brush I use and just simply pick up a bit of the product on the brush and then line my eyes with it. I would classify these as cream eyeliner in stick form. These wear like iron once they are set, but they have longer "play" time than most eyeliners. I would say it takes a good five minutes before you are "safe" with them not to smudge.

The color Khaki is classified as a "taupe" , but when you open it the shade is a brownish green with a slight gold shimmer, Cocoa is a deep brown, again with a slight bronze shimmer to it, the shimmer does not show up when applied.

If you want that smokey, smudgey eye you see in the magazines, this is how you get it. Just use the stick as it comes and line the eye and smudge it, You get a lovely smokey eye, with very little effort.

Would like to pick up a few more colors.

$24 USD @ Sephora.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2011 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Maliktai

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Cocoa against the advice of the SA at Sephora who said it did not "pop" enough. I love it. It evens out my lid and the slight sheen wakes up my eyes. I have a lot of lid and using this neutral all over adds dimension and interest. If I want to bump it up, I use UD's Smog in the center or some other shade.

I bought the Smoke as well and really like its dramatic, deep effect. It really makes a statement. I layered MAC Henna over it and it looks fabulous!

I prime before application and it lasts all day.
For reference, I am MAC NW45, with lots of red in my skin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by shubanaa

I recently bought this LM stick in Plum and it's now my go to product whenever I want a darker eye. It's rich, creamy and easy to use. I blend it with a small precision brush or my fingers and then it's set all day :D I like to smudge it a little messy for a relaxed look. I'm definitely buying the other colours !

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by dollirium

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a very impressive shadow stick..If they somehow made this dual ended-with a thick and a thin point, maybe even when you can swap the colors around, it would be eye makeup gold. Someone else said they did not know it could get better then ud liners until this-I agree. Way richer pigmentation, subtle shimmer with not a lick of sparkle, (ud is just too liberal with the glitter particles) and long wearing-did I mention? 14 hour wear.
My favorite part about this product is how creamy it is. I hate the feeling of trying to apply a hard pencil -especially in the early morning-this is soothing and comfortable. Blends extremely well, but not too well-It does not disappear when you blend it out, and does not have that runny oily look or feel.
Best smudgy eyeliner ever.
This product needs a fabulous copper and golden shade. But they probably know that.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 12:27:00 AM More reviews by mllemustard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

These caviar sticks are amazing-- the best make-up purchase I've made in a really long time. Incredibly easy to use, very creamy, they blend well, and they last. Even without primer, the color stays on all day and into the night, and only comes off when I wash my face. I've also tried applying it with a brush for a finer line and more control, and that's worked well.

Amethyst is a gorgeous color: very elegant, very beautiful, not too bombastic for daytime but still powerful enough at night. It also pairs well with a darker colored liner (in black or something plummy). It's slightly shimmery but without being sparkly or seeming inappropriate for at work. The color strikes me a bit like a more grown-up, elegant version of Stila's Kitten smudge pot, although the stick is less messy to use than the smudge pots. The Amethyst caviar stick is like the Louis Vuitton to the Stila's Marc Jacobs.

I also bought one in Jungle-- a great fall green. I got this one off the LM web site: I haven't seen it in stores yet. It's a good green, although not nearly as swoon-worthy as amethyst. I'm mostly using this one with a brush, to get a finer line.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This product is a bit of an enigma. I have it in "Amethyst" and while the color is pretty and unique, it is SO hard to work with. It applies creamily on the back of my hand but when I try to use it on my eyes it looks uneven. I have to blend it extremely fast, and sometimes it sets before I have time. It looks bad in the creases of my eye if I don't blend it.

Edit: Bumping this up to a 4 because I realize this is just the way the product is. I line it thickly across my upper lash line and it looks great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2011 5:25:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I agree with the reviewer who compared these to the MAC Greasepaints. They are very similar, although I find these wear better. I can work with them and smudge them a bit at first, but they set quickly and after that they stay put. Whereas the Greasepaint tends to disappear after a few hours, these stay on exactly as I applied them without transferring or fading. Long wear length but I can remove them with my regular facial cleanser.

I don't like them as an eyeshadow because they feel sort of thick and I feel too aware of them on my eyelid all day. It's like a presence that's almost uncomfortable and I don't want to be able to feel my eye makeup at all. But I do like them as eyeliner. I have to be more careful applying it to my lower lid because the applicator is blunt and the formula is so creamy, so it's not a far leap into sloppiness. But sometimes I don't want a precise, stark line of color and for those moments the Caviar sticks are perfect. Especially the lighter, more glimmery metallic colors like Amethyst, Khaki, and Steel.

I bought Plum, Khaki, Steel, Amethyst, and Cocoa. All of the colors are beautiful but my favorite is Amethyst, which looks amazing with my eye color. I think it's the most unique of the range too.

The price seems right considering the color range, quality, wear length, and size. I doubt I'll be repurchasing any of the ones I own anytime soon because they'll last such a long time, especially since I won't be using any of them as eyeshadow. But I would repurchase if I go through them, and I do want to get the two other colors that I don't have yet.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No