December 19, 2014 | 892 users online

Eye Shadow - Laura Mercier - Caviar Stick Eye Colour

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by ivanabacowboy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The caviar sticks are the first product I have purchased from Laura Mercier for myself. I purchased khaki, steel, jungle and turquoise. WOW! I am impressed is my first comment. These are true to color and long lasting! (Make sure to use an eye base/primer as they are essentially cream shadows in twist-up stick form.) An easy two minute eye-dot a small amount on with the pencil or a brush, blend out to desired intensity with a brush-simple eye done! These can also be used as eyeliners. The twist-up pencil case is a nice metallic brown color. Super easy for on the go or travel! I will definitely be back for more! Pricing around $24USD each.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 5:27:00 PM More reviews by koushi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely gorgeous. I have this in Amethyst and Turquoise (summer 2012 LE), and there's a decent color selection. They are highly pigmented, glide right on, smudge well, and when set, do not budge, even with water and rubbing. It takes eye makeup remover to get this babies off. The sticks can be used as eyeliner or shadow and are pretty much the perfect product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2012 5:40:00 AM More reviews by GirlFromMichigan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When the MA suggested use of an eye stick I kind of rolled my eyes because I have never ever been a fan but the Cavier Stick absolutely changed my mind. I bought one then two more then two more and would buy more if additional colors were available. I love love love the ease of application (I use a small smudge brush) and that the product is long-lasting. It can make a mess if you apply too much so use an easy touch. Thank you Laura for another terrific product. This line is selling me over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Beach

I have these in a few colors and love them! I line the lower & the upper inner rim with a brush or right from the tube and they last all day. No touching up necessary! Use them as shadows also and the color lasts and does not crease or fade. Just got the new shade Turquois and I love it....especially with the Cocoa. Great product!
12/9/12...Just wanted to add that I have found nothing that keeps the inner rims the same as when I put it on in the morning and lasts ALL day. Hope they add more colors soon!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2011 10:46:00 AM More reviews by OliveButtercup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love LM products and this is no exception. I have both khaki and smoke and while I love both I find myself wearing smoke pretty much every day. It goes on smooth and even and lasts all day, even on my oily skin. Be sure to smudge it right away because once it dries it's not going anywhere. I never thought I could wear a cream shadow like this but I'm so glad I found this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Goldenstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

These color sticks are the best thing to come along in quite a while. These are super easy to work with, are versatile, the colors stay true, & they STAY PUT! I have Smoke, Sapphire, Jungle, & Khaki. I love every color I own. All are smokey, rich, sexy colors & are very wearable colors. Don't be afraid of the Sapphire or Jungle. They don't scream blue or green....they are just a smokey version of the color, & are GORGEOUS for day or evening. Good job Laura...NOBODY has a product like this, & it's perfection!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased two of these from Sephora during the F & F sale. I chose Khaki and Cocoa because I tend to stick to neutrals for eyeliners and eyeshadow shades. These have a very creamy consistency and apply easily. However, there is a slight learning curve to these. I prefer to use them as eyeliners as opposed to eyeshadows, and the shape of these is too thick to easily line the eyes.

So, I have an eyeliner brush I use and just simply pick up a bit of the product on the brush and then line my eyes with it. I would classify these as cream eyeliner in stick form. These wear like iron once they are set, but they have longer "play" time than most eyeliners. I would say it takes a good five minutes before you are "safe" with them not to smudge.

The color Khaki is classified as a "taupe" , but when you open it the shade is a brownish green with a slight gold shimmer, Cocoa is a deep brown, again with a slight bronze shimmer to it, the shimmer does not show up when applied.

If you want that smokey, smudgey eye you see in the magazines, this is how you get it. Just use the stick as it comes and line the eye and smudge it, You get a lovely smokey eye, with very little effort.

Would like to pick up a few more colors.

$24 USD @ Sephora.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2011 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Maliktai

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Cocoa against the advice of the SA at Sephora who said it did not "pop" enough. I love it. It evens out my lid and the slight sheen wakes up my eyes. I have a lot of lid and using this neutral all over adds dimension and interest. If I want to bump it up, I use UD's Smog in the center or some other shade.

I bought the Smoke as well and really like its dramatic, deep effect. It really makes a statement. I layered MAC Henna over it and it looks fabulous!

I prime before application and it lasts all day.
For reference, I am MAC NW45, with lots of red in my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by shubanaa

I recently bought this LM stick in Plum and it's now my go to product whenever I want a darker eye. It's rich, creamy and easy to use. I blend it with a small precision brush or my fingers and then it's set all day :D I like to smudge it a little messy for a relaxed look. I'm definitely buying the other colours !

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by dollirium

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a very impressive shadow stick..If they somehow made this dual ended-with a thick and a thin point, maybe even when you can swap the colors around, it would be eye makeup gold. Someone else said they did not know it could get better then ud liners until this-I agree. Way richer pigmentation, subtle shimmer with not a lick of sparkle, (ud is just too liberal with the glitter particles) and long wearing-did I mention? 14 hour wear.
My favorite part about this product is how creamy it is. I hate the feeling of trying to apply a hard pencil -especially in the early morning-this is soothing and comfortable. Blends extremely well, but not too well-It does not disappear when you blend it out, and does not have that runny oily look or feel.
Best smudgy eyeliner ever.
This product needs a fabulous copper and golden shade. But they probably know that.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No