January 24, 2015 | 1943 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Doll Lashes

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 8:09:00 AM More reviews by WinterisComing9

My mom and dad both have longer than average lashes however both did think to pass that gene down to me. Thanks mom and dad- moving on I really do like this mascara! It makes my eyes pop and really make my face look alive and awake.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 12:25:00 AM More reviews by proflady

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Crunchy, spindly lashes that don't have an even coat. This mascara adds some length and color, but it doesn't look natural, and it is not at all volumizing. Maybe if you are looking for a particular effect that doesn't involve volume, but otherwise, I would avoid this.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2014 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Lojayn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dries really fast and isn't as effective as it claims.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 9:50:00 AM More reviews by celticcavegirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm picky about mascaras. There are only two I use - the Mabelline yellow one, which I've been using for years (colossal volum express carbon) and now this, after I got it as a freebie at an event.

With most mascaras, it's hard to get proper application on the outer edges lashes, which is of course were you want the most! However, this product has a clever little conical brush which means you can get a good coating on those outer lashes, which really opens up your eyes and yes, gives a 'doll eyed' look. It's a great mascara to use when you're doing winged eyeliner too It's also really volumising and rarely smudges

I do feel, however, that mascaras are very personal and the results depend on your own lash type and layout

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 10:56:00 PM More reviews by msh9899

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really disliked this mascara and I'm typically a Lancome mascara fan. My lashes are straight, short and probably average in thickness. Overall, this is a very "wet" mascara although according to some reviewers if you wait a month+, it dries nicely to a usable formula. For $27, I'm not waiting for it to work well!! My biggest problem w/ this mascara is the brush. I love a big thick brush but this one is super thick on 1 end and tapers down to thin & tiny on the opposite end (picture a cone shape). This brush is a great idea in theory but it just didn't work well for me. Too big on the thick end. I also found that Hypnose Doll Lashes did not lengthen much w/ 2 coats and added no volume (although I don't think it's a volume mascara so that's an unfair complaint). What it did do for me was clump. Clumps=deal killer, for me!

I have to add that, as another reviewer mentions, this mascara does have a distinct smell. It goes away but it's an unpleasant smell which is odd because I never noticed any unusual scents w/ any of Lancome's other mascaras.

Pros: packaging, very dark black color
Cons: messy application due to 1 huge end and a wet formulation, clumps galore, price, odd scent

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Lyrics

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

By far the best mascara I have ever used. One coat gives you beautifully separated, voluminous lashes. 2 coats gives amazing lashes that give me loads of compliments. It doesn't clump or smudge and stays on (and is soft) all day.

I've always liked Lancome mascaras. No matter how far I stray, I always come back to Lancome.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by geekinpink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

While I don't love this mascara, I really like it and like it better than the regular Hypnose. I wore this for my wedding. It lasts extremely well even all day and at the gym on lunch hours! It tends to get clumpy when being applied and I find this tube doesn't last as long as others I've had. It does give a beautiful look and really thickens. If you want a dramatic mascara for photos, this is it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by mariann7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to buy this instead of Definicils for a change, & because of the special packaging (Elbez blue & Black stars). I didn't like it for about the first 3-4 weeks, & then it just got wonderful. I like the shape of the wand; you can use the tip to apply product to the inner, smaller lashes, & then comb through the outer lashes really well with the thicker part of the wand, which creates the "doll" look. I loved it. This mascara stayed put all day-no smudging nor flaking. The wand feels a little thick so it takes a while to get used to it. I just threw it away after buying it in the beginning of September. I got a good month - six weeks of daily wear. Yep, I'd buy it again. The formula is thicker than Definicils, & definitely gives your lashes a lot of volume with no flaking, nor clumps. Lovely deep black as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2013 10:13:00 AM More reviews by hellokittybrock

Dont buy it unless you dun have oily lids issue and have full lashes. This is a lengthening mascara that clumps. I have oily lids and have tried using this with mac primer. Smudges as well.

Without my mac primer, there is no volume at all. smudges
With my mac primer, it looks quite ok

under all conditions, if you dont powder your undereyelids, it smudges.

In a nut shell, buy other brands.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by dawngol

I am convinced that Lancome, Estee Lauder, and Clinique use a different formula in their samples than the ones for purchase to suck you in to buying it! Not really, but I find I will often love a sample mascara, buy it, and the one I buy doesn't seem to be the same quality as the sample.
This mascara worked fine for me, but no better or worse than any other mascaras that are a fraction of the price. Not worth the money and will not buy again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No